Chris Kavanagh

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Why was he allowed to referee that game? He’s from Manchester FFS!!

He should never be allowed to officiate ever again. One of the worst decisions I’ve ever seen with that first goal.
That should be a never event. Any employer would review it and fire someone with immediate effect.

Why was he allowed to referee that game? He’s from Manchester FFS!!

He should never be allowed to officiate ever again. One of the worst decisions I’ve ever seen with that first goal.
If a few lads beat the shit out of him he'll not do it again the cunt

i dont think he touched the ball to be fair thats why it counted, but he put the whistle to his mouth to blow and didnt, thats what pissed me off after, that split second might have stopped our players which led to the goal

S'okay. All the jizzmoppers and pundits will be happy, as will all the betting chains across the planet.

What the flying fuck do Sheffield United matter? How dare they go to the Etihad and have the temerity to have a go?

pommpey

He obstructed Fleck and, whether he touched it or not, influenced the passage of play. Crazy that that was not overturned! I make that -7 on VAR now 🤬
As the ref didnt touch it there was no reason to stop the game ( according to the laws of the game).

im pissed too, but we lost, and we have to move on, quickly as well. But no doubt VAR as it is being run, is the worsed thing thats ever happened to football

I just don't get how a ref from Manchester is allowed to ref a game between any of the Manchester clubs, irrespective of who he does or doesn't support. I'm not saying he did what he did today deliberately but it opens the Premier League up to criticism when he's from the city where the home side are from. Also his positioning for the obstruction is not surprising when you see he's running slightly in front of the Man City player (obviously away from the action), but in the middle of the park; I think he would be better off running slightly behind the play because when it breaks down he's right in the thick of it. It's also very unfortunate that the ball doesn't hit the ref. Only could happen to us to be honest.

Why are players so kind to obstructive referees? If Fleck has shoved him out of the way there would have been one of three outcomes:
Fleck gains possession
The referee touches the ball
The referee falls over and has to stop the game

None of the three results in a Man City goal.

Can you deliberately kick the ball at the ref, If it only results in a drop ball to the team in possession I see no reason why not? Could be a new tactic to maintain possession and take our your frustrations at the same time! If he can take out a player by 'accidentally' running into them, surely if he is a 'natural hazard' players can 'accidentally' run into him too without any recrimination, if his status is the same as the corner flag as the rules suggest? Under my new interpretation of the rules perhaps refs would need to get padded up!!

Chris Wilder on the incident:

“I’ve been to see the referee and he has been honest about it. We make mistakes and I believe he made one too and I’m sure he did as well. It is a game-changer. It happened that quick and I thought he could have been helped by his colleagues a little bit,” Wilder said. “We talk about the new rule where if the referee touches ball then he has to blow up, so surely if he is in the vicinity and hinders us then he makes a sensible decision. If he made the sensible decision then I don’t think no-one in the ground would have said anything about it. Unfortunately that has gone against us.

Chris Wilder on the incident:

“I’ve been to see the referee and he has been honest about it. We make mistakes and I believe he made one too and I’m sure he did as well. It is a game-changer. It happened that quick and I thought he could have been helped by his colleagues a little bit,” Wilder said. “We talk about the new rule where if the referee touches ball then he has to blow up, so surely if he is in the vicinity and hinders us then he makes a sensible decision. If he made the sensible decision then I don’t think no-one in the ground would have said anything about it. Unfortunately that has gone against us.
And those comments just make me even more angry about what happened!

As usual wilder saying it as it is. The ref has dropped a bollock but he won't dig him out for risk of reprisals from the premier league.

He can't risk a touchline ban but I hope at the end of the season he comes out and just calls out var for what it is. A load of bollocks

As usual wilder saying it as it is. The ref has dropped a bollock but he won't dig him out for risk of reprisals from the premier league.

He can't risk a touchline ban but I hope at the end of the season he comes out and just calls out var for what it is. A load of bollocks

I want him to go both barrels on them, he can get the ban, we'll build him a plinth in the posh seats area in the South Stand for a couple of games. Players will probably see him better anyway.

It's fucking bollocks and someone has to take a stand.

As the ref didnt touch it there was no reason to stop the game ( according to the laws of the game).
No but if the ref interferes with play which he did then he has the authority to continue or stop play

No but if the ref interferes with play which he did then he has the authority to continue or stop play

He definitely thought about seeing as he put the whistle to his lips. Obviously he assumed VAR would dig him out of a hole. Turns out there’s not much they could do.

Kavanagh was the VAR ref who ruled out Pukkis goal on Saturday. He will be probably be patted on the back by Mike Riley for having the balls to give two ridiculous decisions in favour of the big clubs in two days.

In fairness he's been embarrassed by
the rules the Premier League have set him. The richest league in the world is currently a complete laughing stock

Back
Top Bottom