Chris Francis

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Norwood is 5'3 so now I'm really confused.

father-ted.gif

Edit: too late

Any decent holiday deals knocking about?

The exact type of academy signing we should be making, yet the exact type we’ve been missing out on getting for years up til recently. If he’s any good get it done.

Joe Shaw ?

I was thinking more Cannavaro to be honest

Point is in the modern game at the highest levels, nobody really plays hoofball, and crosses put in (if anyone still crosses the ball) are much more often low driven crosses anyway. I'd much rather have a shorter centre back who can actually keep up with a modern striker, rather than having to try to take a red card for the team and, if not immediately sent off, merely watching the forward run into the distance from a slightly higher vantage point

Last edited:
The exact type of academy signing we should be making, yet the exact type we’ve been missing out on getting for years up til recently. If he’s any good get it done.
I don't know, who can forget that ill fated development side featuring luminaries such as Erik Tonne (calm down Foxy ), Conneely, Parino, Warren, McAllister et al.

The best centre back I've seen in my lifetime was (checks notes) 5'9"
Wasn't Alan Wright decent? 5'3" apparently (I too checked the notes on that and was surprised he is officially so small).

I don't know, who can forget that ill fated development side featuring luminaries such as Erik Tonne (calm down Foxy ), Conneely, Parino, Warren, McAllister et al.
I enjoyed Tonne, if only for that goal

I was thinking more Cannavaro to be honest

Point is in the modern game at the highest levels, nobody really plays hoofball, and crosses put in (if anyone still crosses the ball) are much more often low driven crosses anyway. I'd much rather have a shorter centre back who can actually keep up with a modern striker, rather than having to try to take a red card for the team and, if not immediately sent off, merely watching the forward run into the distance from a slightly higher vantage point
Shorter than that too. 5.7 wasnt he.

1689076292295.png

Had a couple of decent showings now this lad, could he have a future at the Lane?

Here's a very quick video I made about Chris to share a bit more about him

Thanks for this. Sounds (and looks) promising. I wonder why Bournemouth let him go. It would be a massive step up for him if he's looking to break into the first team. He hasn't looked out of place so far though, so who knows.

Had a couple of decent showings now this lad, could he have a future at the Lane?

Great work Hal on the video, love the humour also! He reminds me of least in terms of physical appearance of Tyrone Mings. This is definitely the type of signing I really like because whilst there isn't the excitement of signing players to go into the development team there is a year or two down the line potentially a really good player to come into the first team. I do wonder why Bournemouth released him and before that Swindon since physically he looks impressive and is left footed. However, he's clearly highly rated hence all the interest in him. If he does sign I'd hope we could loan him out to League One or Two perhaps to get first team football. I'd hope that for Frecklington again also.

Why not?
Looks a good player, can never have too many of them

Can only assume he'd fill a Kean Bryan shaped hole for a year or slot into the U23s if we want to ship Freckleton out again. He's looked absolutely fine in the two friendlies, nothing made me think he looks any better than Freckleton but maybe we see the need to keep him playing mens football.

Back
Top Bottom