Chickens coming home to roost?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

BladeFisher

Reaction score
Oh dear. Is our true position now coming clear?

With MK winning and Donny big style, Bournemouth doing a Wednesday it is starting look a bit ominous.

I allways thought those silly home draws and lack of goals would come back to bite us in the bum and sounds like a real off day.

Bet man utd fans were moaning when they lost at Norwich last week. This time last week we won big at home same as Donny and mk

• Banned
Bet man utd fans were moaning when they lost at Norwich last week. This time last week we won big at home same as Donny and mk

Hmm two consecutive away defeats, no goals scored, GD seriously looking inferior to competitors.

The difficulty with any season is identifying the start of a trend, especially a negative so something can be done about it. Suggest last saturday was a fluke as Tuesday, a fortnight ago and today might indicate?

This is not an over reaction, just a sensible observation. Rose tinted specs off, it looks like the play offs at best. Just look at the opposition and of course our excellent record against opposition in the play off places.:rolleyes:

Suggest last saturday was a fluke as Tuesday, a fortnight ago and today might indicate?

This is not an over reaction, just a sensible observation.

Statement 1 - Toss.

Statement 2 - Even worse.

We are 4th, 2 defeats so far, lose away to promotion rivals where their keeper gets man of the match.

I could understand if we were 17th having suffered our 7th or 8th defeat but we aren't. We are in League 1 thus we have League 1 players. Deal with it. The negativity amongst some really pisses me off.

Oh dear. Is our true position now coming clear?

With MK winning and Donny big style, Bournemouth doing a Wednesday it is starting look a bit ominous.

I allways thought those silly home draws and lack of goals would come back to bite us in the bum and sounds like a real off day.
I will not listen to you. You are wrong. We have a better squad than any other in this league. To prove it I will call it a "pub league". I will then say that we have lost two games. Two losses in a "pub league". That means that you are such a pessimist that your opinion is invalid. We have depth in our squad that other teams can only dream of. Admittedly we don't really, and whenever we have an injury we struggle, but that doesn't matter. Manchester United lose games sometimes too. Why don't you just go and support Sheffield Wednesday F.C? Your argument is invalid and your opinion is worthless. Mine is everything. The facts mean nothing.

How can you tell when United lose?

Blade Fisher posts.

How can you tell when United lose?

You're not allowed to talk about it.

I don't think that's entirely true. Just need to be realistic. It just seems that when we lose….it's the end of the world, but it isn't. You move on and try to win the next game.
We're not on a losing run, we're 4th in the League. No we're not world beaters, we're not the finished article, yes we could do with players in certain areas, but how many more teams have lost less games in the League this season than us?
In our division…nobody, in the country, only Man City.

Let's be positive, we're not even half way through the season yet. If the players reacted like some of the fans do after a defeat, then we'd soon plummet down the table!

A break from the League next week, Mickey's return, dump Port Vale out of the cup, then bring on Carlisle!

UTB

if we have the best squad in the league, which players will get in the league one XI/team of the season/whatever the hell they call it? just curious.

Suggest last saturday was a fluke as Tuesday, a fortnight ago and today might indicate?

This is not an over reaction, just a sensible observation.

Statement 1 - Toss.

Statement 2 - Even worse.

We are 4th, 2 defeats so far, lose away to promotion rivals where their keeper gets man of the match.

I could understand if we were 17th having suffered our 7th or 8th defeat but we aren't. We are in League 1 thus we have League 1 players. Deal with it. The negativity amongst some really pisses me off.

I thought the objective was promotion, not relegation.

At the moment I would put Tranmere, MK Dons, Doncaster and Bournemouth ahead of us. Time to re-assess. It would seem others who went to the game have the same view.

we have 5 pretty good games coming up.

carlisle A, tranmere H, crawley A, scunthorpe H, hartlepool H

crawley are the type of team we could frustrate and sneak the 1-0, tranmere at home well at least they arent in great form right now. the other 3 are games we should win if were going to challenge. really need to come out of this lot in the top two before it gets harder again.

march in particular looks horrendous.

Oldham A, MK Dons H, Crewe A, Stevenage A, Brentford H, Tranmere A :eek:

we have 5 pretty good games coming up.

carlisle A, tranmere H, crawley A, scunthorpe H, hartlepool H

crawley are the type of team we could frustrate and sneak the 1-0, tranmere at home well at least they arent in great form right now. the other 3 are games we should win if were going to challenge. really need to come out of this lot in the top two before it gets harder again.

march in particular looks horrendous.

Oldham A, MK Dons H, Crewe A, Stevenage A, Brentford H, Tranmere A :eek:

Yep, I'd agree with you. But using the Man U analogy if they had lost two consecutive away games at West Brom and Everton, even though they beat Arsenal 4-1 Fergusson wouldn't be happy. Interesting as runs go we've only won one out of five. Not exactly promotion form.

I expected to beat Crewe but losing last minute to MK, a pretty naff performance at home to Crewe, and well beaten today suggests it is time to re-assess.

To some on here just turning up for work seems good enough. Most managers actually judge their staff's performance and at the moment (as last season) our record against the better teams is poor. I am not doom and gloom, just being realistic and at the monent I think promotion is no more than a faint hope, when for a club of United's stature and squad as others argue it should be a raging certainty.

we never really look like certs to beat anybody. like mk dons today you just knew theyd beat colchester. we can play anybody. hartlepool at home. and i wouldnt be confident we would win. we cant boss teams. we dont have the skill, we dont have the pace. weve dominated maybe 1 or 2 games all season. that concerns me a lot more than losing at mk dons and brentford. :(

I will not listen to you. You are wrong. We have a better squad than any other in this league. To prove it I will call it a "pub league". I will then say that we have lost two games. Two losses in a "pub league". That means that you are such a pessimist that your opinion is invalid. We have depth in our squad that other teams can only dream of. Admittedly we don't really, and whenever we have an injury we struggle, but that doesn't matter. Manchester United lose games sometimes too. Why don't you just go and support Sheffield Wednesday F.C? Your argument is invalid and your opinion is worthless. Mine is everything. The facts mean nothing.

Typical rose tinted posted. Unless you are wearing rose tinted glasses, you're not allowed an opinion. Because you have booked your hotel rooms in Portsmouth and have already started to plan your party / day out, your opinion is just as invalid for being such a optimist. I remember quite a few doing the same last year and we all know hoe last year turned out.

if we have the best squad in the league, which players will get in the league one XI/team of the season/whatever the hell they call it? just curious.
What difference does that make? The pigs had none in the team last season but I sure you can remember whether or not they got promoted.

Whilst it is not the end of the world losing to Brentford, we have been made to look pedestrian by both Crewe and Brentford in the last two matches.
Yes, we are fourth in the league but we have only got four points out of the last twelve possible and it is now very tight at the top - not promotion form, perhaps we will rue the loss of so many points early in the season!
I won't make any judgement until Christmas but I certainly don't think it will be a cakewalk like some on here seem to believe!
We must get the balance of the side right before we can really believe in automatic promotion!

Whilst it is not the end of the world losing to Brentford, we have been made to look pedestrian by both Crewe and Brentford in the last two matches.
Yes, we are fourth in the league but we have only got four points out of the last twelve possible and it is now very tight at the top - not promotion form, perhaps we will rue the loss of so many points early in the season!
I won't make any judgement until Christmas but I certainly don't think it will be a cakewalk like some on here seem to believe!
We must get the balance of the side right before we can really believe in automatic promotion!

Well said Fiery. No one is doubting Brentford are a reasonable side, but if we are to match them you can't go to places like Griffen Park and lose 2-0. The loss at MK was unfortunate, although by all accounts the "1-0 to the Arsenal" style of football did grind out results but no one on here felt comfortable with it as we always seemed likely to ship a goal/slip up and eventually we did.

Of course it isn't doom and gloom, BUT the signs are there again that at promotion rivals we struggle and so far we have drawn at Swindon, lost at MK and Brentford and no one can argue that is promotion form unless they work for Tinted Specsavers.

Anyone know the number for samaritans?

Cannot see what all the fuss is about to be honest. You only have to look at the compared to last season thread to put things into perspective. We are -0.5 points down from the eqiuvalent games from last season and have 2 points less than we did after 20 games. We are 4th (on the same points as Donny and MK) and 3 points off the top. Hardly coming home to roost is it. We have been on a tricky run of games and have dropped a few points lately and are not setting the world on fire. However, we never have been! Even when we were joint top we were not playing particularly convincingly. When you consider the players we lost during the summer it is amazing that we are so close to the top.

Let's see how we are doing at the half way point. That is 3 tricky games of which 2 are away. But let's see how we are faring when we go into Christmas.

Cannot see what all the fuss is about to be honest. You only have to look at the compared to last season thread to put things into perspective. We are -0.5 points down from the eqiuvalent games from last season and have 2 points less than we did after 20 games. We are 4th (on the same points as Donny and MK) and 3 points off the top. Hardly coming home to roost is it. We have been on a tricky run of games and have dropped a few points lately and are not setting the world on fire. However, we never have been! Even when we were joint top we were not playing particularly convincingly. When you consider the players we lost during the summer it is amazing that we are so close to the top.

Let's see how we are doing at the half way point. That is 3 tricky games of which 2 are away. But let's see how we are faring when we go into Christmas.

Come on Ollie - it should not be a surprise given our relatively huge resources to see us 3 points of the top. Agree it is a miracle looking at some of the games but let's not go anywhere near suggesting that we should be merely consolidating in this division. We should win it - simple as that.

Yep, I'd agree with you. But using the Man U analogy if they had lost two consecutive away games at West Brom and Everton, even though they beat Arsenal 4-1 Fergusson wouldn't be happy. Interesting as runs go we've only won one out of five. Not exactly promotion form.

I expected to beat Crewe but losing last minute to MK, a pretty naff performance at home to Crewe, and well beaten today suggests it is time to re-assess.

To some on here just turning up for work seems good enough. Most managers actually judge their staff's performance and at the moment (as last season) our record against the better teams is poor. I am not doom and gloom, just being realistic and at the monent I think promotion is no more than a faint hope, when for a club of United's stature and squad as others argue it should be a raging certainty.

Go on I'll bite for you. It has the be the most utterly ridiculous thread I have seen. I know we can be a bit knee jerk as fans but this is just jerk.

You aren't being a realist and you are being doom and gloom. If you really are a realist you would comment its early days and while we aren't setting the world alight we aren't trailing the leaders of the table by any more than a few points. Everyone seems to be beating everyone else and its a piss poor league. We are a piss poor team these days because we don't have the players we used to. We wouldn't be here now if our leading scorer had been able to keep his knob in his trousers. Thats realism for you.

Also, if you were being a realist how would you explain chickens coming home to roost? Have we been sussed out? Having been beaten twice in the last few games should be cause for minor concern but their keeper gets man of the match and we should be slitting our wrists and talking about play offs rather than promotion? Are you really being serious?

Guess what, we are cash strapped and have average players picked up for buttons and paid about the same. Hence they aren't up to much. But they are probably enough to make sure we have a chance of promotion. Right now we have a good chance of being up there, no more no less. Thats a realistic view. Sure, we need some more players but our best striker by some way (Kitson) is yet to really get going. I would say while things aren't brilliant, they aren't shite either.

Finally you know how other managers judge their players. Apparently ours is different to everyone else. I would guess that all managers judge their players and performances on the points put in the bag. No more, no less. You can't be lucky/unlucky every week. Its just a guess but seeing as the league table is based on how you go on against everyone and not just the top teams I'm going to put my neck on the line.

Back
Top Bottom