Cheshire based blades

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Cheshire is a county of real contrasts for housing. It is generally cheaper west of the M6 but East also has it's differences. Head towards Prestbury or Alderley Edge and four bed detached will start near the £1m mark. Head towards Macclesfield and it's half that. Head further south to Congleton and it gets cheaper still and they are building lots of new places so good competition. We live in Macclesfield and it's easy back to Sheffield plus we are spoiled for choice when it comes to decent beer.

I live in Salford and would agree that Marple, New Mills, High Lane are lovley area's with house prices not too bad. Stear clear of Manchester though as the house prices are completed out of control!
The things I like about Marple are numerous. It's right on the edge of the courtyside (4 houses up in my case), half an hour on the train to Manchester, 25 minutes to the airport, a broad range of housing and prices (3 bed terraces from 230k - 440 for example), and a good mix of indies and nationals on the high street including independent butchers, fish monger and greengrocer.

*This has been a public service announcement for the Marple Chamber of Commerce 🤣

Dont live in Cheshire but used Bredbury station many times over the years. About an hour from Sheffield on the train, it has a large free car park, is 5 mins off the M60 and the pay on the day price for a day return to Sheffield is around £15 (as opposed to £25 from Mcr/Stockport).

Dont live in Cheshire but used Bredbury station many times over the years. About an hour from Sheffield on the train, it has a large free car park, is 5 mins off the M60 and the pay on the day price for a day return to Sheffield is around £15 (as opposed to £25 from Mcr/Stockport).

not sure if many people are aware of the Derbyshire Wayfarer ticket. I buy them from tourist information centre in Buxton, you can buy in other places in advance and just scratch off the date you actually travel By rail or bus.

Can’t believe no one in this thread has mentioned the many excellent Cheshire pubs. Farmers Arms in Poynton for example, very nice pint of Robinsons and the Strawberry Pig chippy is across the road when you’ve had enough …

Can’t believe no one in this thread has mentioned the many excellent Cheshire pubs. Farmers Arms in Poynton for example, very nice pint of Robinsons and the Strawberry Pig chippy is across the road when you’ve had enough …
Then there’s the Boars Head at Higher Poynton, next to the canal and old station.

I lived in Chester for ten years. Absolutely loved it. A bugger getting to BDTBL though

Said no one, ever 🤮

I know it's personal taste but I've never liked Robinson's beers, with the exception of Dizzy Blonde which I love
if you’ve ever wondered what drinking a fart tastes like…

…with the one exception of at the brewery itself, where honestly it’s like nectar. File under: “doesn’t travel well”.

I live in Heaton Mersey, which is a suburb of Stockport. I love it but the prices have got a little silly and I wouldn’t describe it as good value. As others have said above, there are some really lovely areas in Cheshire and it all depends on your budget and your preferences/requirements on location. Some of the villages south of Manchester are nice if not a little pretentious and massively expensive. There is better value around Marple, Macclesfield or the High Peaks, or further west towards Northwich, in my opinion.

I’ve been over here 20 plus years and would be happy to have a chat.

I’m Reddish. Spend a lot of time in Heaton Moor..

Handforth is perfect, it's a 20 minute train ride into Manchester, a 20 minute walk into Wilmslow and has everything you need. No where near as expensive as it's neighbours and has the best chain of Pizza takeaways in Woodsmoke. You're also near the bypass onto the A6, so getting to Sheffield is pretty seamless.

Not sure if it's Cheshire. But there's a shit pub called the Hare & Hounds between Romiley and Hyde, which has the best beer garden. Can see all of GM and all the way to Blackpool on a clear day.

I go up there on bonfire night, Area is called Gee across

I'm in Chester. Lived here since 2006, and getting to The Lane is a right ball ache

Getting to Liverpool, N Wales and Manchester is pretty straightforward though and it never always gets tiresome to hear "Oh, there's not many of you round here"

Well, offer accepted on a Gaff in East Cheshire… relatively close to M6 links.

Extremely excited and ridiculously ambitious to try and get this over the line before Xmas 😂😂

Welcome to the "fucking annoying Manchester Airport" clan.

Back
Top Bottom