Match Thread Chelsea v. Sheffield United - 21st March 2021

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

CHE
CHE
CHE

Final

Final
Final
SUFC
SUFC
SUFC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1616240485604.png v. 1616240494306.png
FA Cup Quarter Final - Sunday 21st March 2021 - Stamford Bridge

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings
- https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?match-day/match/chelsea-vs-sheffield-united.551/

Officials:

Referee:
Andrew Madley
Assistant Referees: Neil Davies & Edward Smart
Fourth Official: Andre Marriner
VAR: Peter Bankes
Assistant VAR: Simon Beck

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺
Live TV Coverage
:

Screenshot 2021-03-20 at 11.40.53.png

Interesting.

Change of system at first opportunity? Or due to one or two injuries?

Did Bash comeback to quickly? Why not Bryan over Enda as that is his position? He's had a few errors but Enda is a car crash all season.

Sheffield united will play 4 4 fucking 2
I'm not convinced, could be the usual with Baldock, Jags & Stevens as the back 3. Wouldn't be the first time the twitter admin got the formation wrong (also some of the recent tweets seem different so could be a new admin?!)

Unless hes gone back 3 of Baldock Jags Steven's, Bogle and Osborn wing backs. Not sure I get this lineup

Was just thinking that,maybe he's giving sharp the weekend off.
Shame as the penalty spot is our best chance of getting a goal. Suppose it's Norwood on pen duty then? Unless McB gets a chance following his success under immense pressure in Belgrade? All of this does of course rely on us getting in their box, so more or less the stuff of fantasy.

Starting XI looks horrific I can’t lie. It’s not even a decent Championship team. The next manager has a big job on his hands from what wilder has left

We could be having a back three of Baldock Jags and Stevens
I thought that but assumed the official account would have used that formation like they normally do if that was the case.

Don’t get too excited, can easily see this being the usual 3-5-2

While two banks of 4 and trying to keep it tight is probably the right way to go here, especially without Bash/JOC/Egan, this could still be 3-5-2. If it is 4-4-2, I'm not sure I need to see Lunny in CM and Fleck out on the left in a midfield 4.

Starting XI looks horrific I can’t lie. It’s not even a decent Championship team. The next manager has a big job on his hands from what wilder has left
Agree but we've got a few missing.

Creativity in the middle of the park is key going forward imho.

Elsewhere will depend on who goes.

Whatever the formation there is no Ariel power in the back line.

Back
Top Bottom