Match Thread Chelsea v. Sheffield United - 21st March 2021

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

CHE
CHE
CHE

Final

Final
Final
SUFC
SUFC
SUFC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1616240485604.png v. 1616240494306.png
FA Cup Quarter Final - Sunday 21st March 2021 - Stamford Bridge

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings
- https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?match-day/match/chelsea-vs-sheffield-united.551/

Officials:

Referee:
Andrew Madley
Assistant Referees: Neil Davies & Edward Smart
Fourth Official: Andre Marriner
VAR: Peter Bankes
Assistant VAR: Simon Beck

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺
Live TV Coverage
:

Screenshot 2021-03-20 at 11.40.53.png

it was a good performance for optimism, for us to try to move on. because its been rather crap the last 2 weeks. devoid of alot of hope. which wouldve been easier. outside of the pandemic if we could attend

onto the game. we were fortunate to still 1-0 as we had nothing going forward. but the 2nd half was far better & it was weirdly dejavu to last season FA Cup Quarter Final v Arsenal. when battered arsenal in the 2nd half. couldnt score but arsenal had 1 shot in 93rd min. score make it 2-1 & then go on to win the cup

now 2nd half was more even not the onslaught of 9 months ago. & i love mcgoldrick as ive praised him alot. & Brewster is going to be huge for us next season. but them misses are our season summed uup.as you cant miss those types of chances v PL sides they have to go in. because you know boot on the other foot. we conceded

Reactions: SLB
Really wasn't inspired to watch us today so I went out for a pedal. However, I got my timings all wrong thinking we'd kicked off an hour earlier, got back, checked the result, one nil down but only half time. I'll give it five minutes then go for a shower......watched the whole second half, really impressed with what I saw. This was more like the United we've become used to. Had me out of my seat (off the settee) with McGoldricks and Brewsters chances shouting and bawling at the screen. I've found it difficult, like most of us have, to engage with football over the last twelve months on screen only, plus us having a dire season, but 45 minutes on a Sunday afternoon have given me a much needed kick up the arse.

Good old BBC, talk to Chelsea Player, Manager, who somehow thought they were in full control in the first half without a shot on target. Don't bother talking to anyone from us.
Better performance today, play like that for the rest of the season and regain some confidence for next season.
Tuchel is so arrogant, he gave us no credit.

Im happy that with the right man at the helm we will be up among the top 6 next season. We probably need to change about 3 to 5 players to be among the automatic places
But Osborn Bogle and others will along with fit Oconnell Basham Egan back we will do alright

Difference is they score their two chances. Well played though United.
Well no they didnt daft Norwood scored one for Chelsea. I reckon without that we would have been in extra time forget their 2nd we wouldnt have been so exposed.

Good old BBC, talk to Chelsea Player, Manager, who somehow thought they were in full control in the first half without a shot on target. Don't bother talking to anyone from us.
Better performance today, play like that for the rest of the season and regain some confidence for next season.

Director was so biased too. There was a box incident where to me it looked like a handball and then McBurnie got shoved in the back. I waited and waited for the break in play for the replay but what did we get instead shot of two Chelsea subs coming on. Also thought this was a classic example of PL players playing for a free kick felt sorry for Baldock today in some of them. Ref got conned a lot.

Colours -

Walking on in 2nd hand waiters jackets..... -1
Playing in sticking plaster coloured shirts . 1

Total ..0 ( really made us look like the skint yokels from up north)

Football -,

Enjoyed the match, especially 2nd half ... 7

Total 7 ( keep that up in the league and if we go down, we go down with a bit of pride left )

Tuchel is so arrogant, he gave us no credit.
And did you notice at end of game when Heckingbottom went to shake his hand, he completely ignored him and walked onto pitch to praise his overpaid bunch of prima donar Southern/Foreign twats!!!!!

Cockney and London wankers.

Interesting that the commentary team said "you won't be able to see it on TV but Lundstram is making run after run, he's got a great engine".

They must not have realised he's stopped trying.
To borrow a phrase..." He looked like he was sucking up Diesel..."

Very proud that we lost 2 nil. I'm sure if we only lose 2 nil in the next 40 games, but put in 100% effort, we'll be singing their praises. Truth is dogshit again and another defeat. Fucking annoyed yet again
So we go down again next season.????????????????

Back
Top Bottom