Ched Evans: How many goals for ANOTHER chance here?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Ched Evans: How many goals for ANOTHER chance here?

• Total voters
He`s bound to shag some slapper in the Fleetwood docks and fook it all up again (allegedly)

Makes me feel a bit sad for Ched thaf hes missed 5 of the best years of his career , hopefully he can find his fitness and bang 10/15 in before Christmas . Then we won’t need to sign a lower league player like Gregory/Bradshaw etc when we have one for free in Ched in Jan

He went off just after the hour while in a hat trick, so either injured again or still not carrying enough fitness to play 90 mins.

I suspect it’s a combination of the two, so I’m going to say he won’t be back as the striker we hope he will be. He’s just not the player we need for the higher level the club is aiming for

He went off just after the hour while in a hat trick, so either injured again or still not carrying enough fitness to play 90 mins.

I suspect it’s a combination of the two, so I’m going to say he won’t be back as the striker we hope he will be. He’s just not the player we need for the higher level the club is aiming for

Agreed grizzer.

2 in 18 minutes and no hatrick ?

Bye Ched !

Or the manager thought he'd save their leading goalscorer as they were 0-4 up.

Yet another post about football goes down the pan because of judgement from people not qualified to do so, also judgement that’s not warranted because we’ve done this to death.

Kevin mcabe allegedly got his 3million pound striker to sign a contract while he was in jail which was accepted, in the grand scheme regardless of any opinion we’re not important in this one and neither were any fans opinions from the clubs point of view, were deals done things signed and solicitors involved ?.

Anyway, with the current striker issue he shouldn’t have left, the way he has been frozen out and then sent out on loan with the first club to ask might tell you how much wilder actually wanted him in the first place ( ps, injured / unfit, like brooks who is flying in his first two games, use your loaf) wilder froze him out as soon as he could..

Brooks and Evans were both benched for different reasons as I believe brooks was a done deal after the failed bid in January, he was being protected from getting injured and was probably on a pre contract agreement with bournmouth, hence the very early transfer, he wasn’t still suffering from GF and that’s my opinion based on seeing him running about on London road with the other young lads who were not in the squad one Saturday before jumping into the merc and driving off laughing..

The U turn on lavery should be enough to let you know Ched will be a Fleetwood player very shortly, so don’t panic, the nasty man will be gone soon, that is until another nasty man turns up..

If he signed a contract while he was in jail how did he make his comeback as a Chesterfield player?

Looking like an excellent move for him. See how he does and comes back in Jan or we sell for a profit.

Master stroke again from CW

My arguments are not weak, your just so far in the extreme you can't see the obvious.
It is not for YOU to forgive. He doesn't need nor want YOUR forgiveness. He has done nothing to you. You can detest what he's done all you like, he still owes you and other people like you nothing.

Obviously mentioning the characters in history you have is in no way comparable to Ched so we can step over that.
As for his Mrs forgiving him, we'll they seem to be getting on with there life together and I seem to recall her saying as much.
Ok ill change my statement on overhyping. By modern day standards your overhyping it. By 19th century Catholic Ireland your bang on the money.You seem to think the majority have to go along with your view otherwise we have no sense of ethics. I'm just pointing out that's bollocks. It's not blind support because he was our best player, it's because what happened to him was a disgrace and everyone should be happy the miscarriage of justice was overturned.
As much as it pains you, if ched stays fit and plays well he WILL play for us again. I and many others hope he does.

What happened to him was not a disgrace. Based on the evidence available, 12 people decided he was guilty. He and his mate Clayton couldn’t even agree on who ‘asked’ the girl if she wanted to join in.
I’d be willing to bet that Ched did for himself by looking like the shifty slimeball he is on the stand.

If it were a disgrace, he’d be getting compensation. And for the record, bringing forward a girl’s previous partners and her conduct should not have been admissible in this case.

I bet he does play for us again. But I bet he never reaches double figures for us during the rest of his contract.

He’s a has-been.

I no longer give a flying one what he did or may have done all those years ago and I really don't want to read any more posts about people's opinions or interpretations of our legal system. What I am interested in is could he do a job for us? Based on these first few games of the season, why not? Yes, it's a lower league but if he's scoring week in week out, get him back in Jan for me!

What happened to him was not a disgrace. Based on the evidence available, 12 people decided he was guilty. He and his mate Clayton couldn’t even agree on who ‘asked’ the girl if she wanted to join in.
I’d be willing to bet that Ched did for himself by looking like the shifty slimeball he is on the stand.

If it were a disgrace, he’d be getting compensation. And for the record, bringing forward a girl’s previous partners and her conduct should not have been admissible in this case.

I bet he does play for us again. But I bet he never reaches double figures for us during the rest of his contract.

He’s a has-been.
It was a disgrace what happened to him. Should never have gone to prison. It's actually a scary thought, how out of touch with reality a good portion of the public are.
He might not get double figures for us, he will be back in January and will have to fight for a place.
Although I'm delighted for him.
Cleared his name
Back playing again
Back scoring for fun
And will be back at the club that's backed him, where most of the fans like him.
Rubbing it in the noses of the lynch mob
HAPPY DAYS

Should have kept his cock in his pants , hope he had a std test .
Was it itching after Chedwin !
kin ell if he comes back with Mcgoldrick , Sharp and Clark , we could get spondered by Shackleton chairs !!

What I am interested in is could he do a job for us? Based on these first few games of the season, why not? Yes, it's a lower league but if he's scoring week in week out, get him back in Jan for me!
None of the goals he's scored so far have needed any real skill apart from awareness (right place right time) even his 'assist' tonight was nothing compared with the ball played to him. He's not burying them just knocking them in, hopefully he'll continue to play and we'll start seeing the old Evans before long.

Only game time will tell everyone (including Ched) whether he's still got it or not.

I wish him all the best and I would love to see the lad back at the Lane scoring goals for us. That said, there's no room for sentiment and he's got to earn that place again. He's not made a bad start but it's early days. Keep it up lad, some of us still believe in you.

Also, CW has once again called it exactly right. Knows what he's doing does our Chris. :)

One of my best mates cheated on his girlfriend, got the clap, and unknowingly gave it to his girlfriend.

When he found out he had it, to avoid telling her that he cheated, but to ensure she didn't suffer gonorrhea related shithousery, he put the anti clap tablet into her drink to cure her.

This was going to link with this thread but I lost the point I was going to make. What I mean is I don't necessarily morally agree with what he did, but that's a story, and I don't feel any less love for the guy.

Cheating on your other half is morally wrong, but as long as it's all consensual, and you don't infect anyone with your disease ridden dick (or if you do, ensure they receive the antidote), then it's not fucking unforgivable.

At the end of the day, a bang's a bang.

I am not well disposed to Evans because irrespective of what the law may say about his actions, those actions had very negative consequences for Sheffield United.

Had Evans not done what he did we would almost certainly have been promoted in 2012. We had another 5 seasons in League one instead. Now we are up, our owners cannot compete with other teams re fees and wages. The situation might have been better in 2012.

It may not be a popular view but it's my view. Evans has done more damage to the club's prospects (and reputation) than anyone else this decade imho. I am baffled as to why McCabe wanted him back after the mess he created.

What a load of bollocks! How on earth can you say we would have been promoted? The reason we didn't go up that season was because Evans' trial happened to be right at the end of a season in which he scored a massive amount of goals and the club were denied his services at that crucial time. Whose to say (or know) that in part this wasn't due to him feeling pretty aggrieved about a trial in the first place.

Had the incident not taken place at all who knows what season Ched Evans would have had. Jeez with your logic you'd do well working for Trump.

One of my best mates cheated on his girlfriend, got the clap, and unknowingly gave it to his girlfriend.

When he found out he had it, to avoid telling her that he cheated, but to ensure she didn't suffer gonorrhea related shithousery, he put the anti clap tablet into her drink to cure her.

This was going to link with this thread but I lost the point I was going to make. What I mean is I don't necessarily morally agree with what he did, but that's a story, and I don't feel any less love for the guy.

Cheating on your other half is morally wrong, but as long as it's all consensual, and you don't infect anyone with your disease ridden dick (or if you do, ensure they receive the antidote), then it's not fucking unforgivable.

At the end of the day, a bang's a bang.

He didn't bang her - he plated her , at her request .

( Very good source, but keep it to yourself. )

If it were a disgrace, he’d be getting compensation. And for the record, bringing forward a girl’s previous partners and her conduct should not have been admissible in this case..

Some corrections to the above Sheff.

Ched can’t claim compensation because he’s not been found innocent, he’s been found not guilty, there is a subtle difference.

Also the legal system took unprecedented steps to agree that previous partners/ actions was relevant in this case.
Normally they can’t be used because they could prejudice a case
But the Ched case was very different to any other case because the girl herself had no recollection or testomy of being raped.
The witnesses proven that her behaviour with Ched was normal/ regular practice for her.
It was always a really dangerous and tricky case to take to court when the key witness was unable/ unwilling to give any evidence. She said she had a black out for a few hours but the evidence suggests she was very drunk but not stupidly/ commotosed drunk.
There was no physical evidence of rape, no struggle, no signs of performing an act unwillingly, the only evidence was Ched and his friend freely admitting that sex took place.

In some ways it must be a relief for the girl to find out that she wasn’t raped after all.
No one wins, everyone is a loser in this case, it makes you wonder about our justice system.

I reckon by the letter of the law rape happens in the UK a few 1000 times each month but both the man and women don’t even realise it was technically a crime because at the time it was an enjoyable experience.

Last edited:
If he signed a contract while he was in jail how did he make his comeback as a Chesterfield player?

It was widely believed to have been an agreement on the release that a playing contract would be offered at Sheff Utd I’m sure you’ve not forgotten what happened as soon as he came out have you...

To recap he was “Invited to train with the view to earning a contract” then activist girl (whatever she was called) got involved and it went viral putting us on the front pages, dark days weren’t they.

A contract was given in the end, keeping up mcabes end of the initial agreement ... legally if something was agreed as was strongly rumoured on here, the contract that he signed from chesterfield to the blades was in every way a playing contract with sheff Utd.. preventing any litigation from Evans solicitor regarding not honouring the alleged agreement, legal action from the Evans camp was a possibility based on what was being said on here...

In short the strong rumour was that a contract offer was agreed while incarcerated, timescales and gentlemen’s agreements after the media outrage could come into play as he couldn’t sign straight for United after all the uproar.

I’m in no doubt had there been no media involvement and backlash against United he would have trained and transferred straight away putting a 3million pound asset back into the club, as had been the plan all along..

Truth is we will never know, but one day wilder might write a book and give us the lowdown.. who knows..

None of the goals he's scored so far have needed any real skill apart from awareness (right place right time) even his 'assist' tonight was nothing compared with the ball played to him. He's not burying them just knocking them in, hopefully he'll continue to play and we'll start seeing the old Evans before long.
a bit like Billy then ;)

It was widely believed to have been an agreement on the release that a playing contract would be offered at Sheff Utd I’m sure you’ve not forgotten what happened as soon as he came out have you...

To recap he was “Invited to train with the view to earning a contract” then activist girl (whatever she was called) got involved and it went viral putting us on the front pages, dark days weren’t they.

A contract was given in the end, keeping up mcabes end of the initial agreement ... legally if something was agreed as was strongly rumoured on here, the contract that he signed from chesterfield to the blades was in every way a playing contract with sheff Utd.. preventing any litigation from Evans solicitor regarding not honouring the alleged agreement, legal action from the Evans camp was a possibility based on what was being said on here...

In short the strong rumour was that a contract offer was agreed while incarcerated, timescales and gentlemen’s agreements after the media outrage could come into play as he couldn’t sign straight for United after all the uproar.

I’m in no doubt had there been no media involvement and backlash against United he would have trained and transferred straight away putting a 3million pound asset back into the club, as had been the plan all along..

Truth is we will never know, but one day wilder might write a book and give us the lowdown.. who knows..

You said signed a contract while in jail. Whatever gentlemans agreements there may have been, a signed contract would have made him a registered Sheffield United player, which wasn't the case.

I've read some right self righteous bollox in my time, but this thread takes the biscuit.

Let the haters hate. Fuk em.

I'm comfortable with my morals.

Well done super Ched. On the way back son.
Couldn't agree more.

Just what we need and needed for the last 4 months of last season

It's actually a scary thought, how out of touch with reality a good portion of the public are.

Maybe this forum is full of Catholic priests.

Do as I say not as I do ?

I think many still see the fairer sex as sugar and spice and all things nice, which as you say shows how out of touch some people are.

I could recount the tale of the former Miss Fiji and the prominent Prof of a local university, once she had a British passport and a wedding ring she threw him out and took half of his money.

Though she has not faced a jail term for her morality.

Morals, Morals, Morals.

Back to football and watching last night and the other games for Ched, he looks a yard faster, sharper, looks leaner too. If he carries on like this then we'd be mad not to recall him in January. His awareness and positional sense looked great too last night for his two goals and he got an assist too.

Maybe this forum is full of Catholic priests.

Do as I say not as I do ?

I think many still see the fairer sex as sugar and spice and all things nice, which as you say shows how out of touch some people are.

I could recount the tale of the former Miss Fiji and the prominent Prof of a local university, once she had a British passport and a wedding ring she threw him out and took half of his money.

Though she has not faced a jail term for her morality.

Morals, Morals, Morals.
That post is about as out of touch with the situation as it could possibly be. Do you think that rape laws should be scrapped because "women aren't sugar and spice and all things nice"?

Back
Top Bottom