Outgoing? Che Adams

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

We bought a lad from Ilkeston called Che, called Che
I'll take you to the Premier League he say, he say
He scored a goal and that was it,
The shoreham boys they had a fit,
That Che Adams United's 29

Phipps made it clear the player owns the contract and if he decides he wants to move there's nothing the club can do! Murphy had just signed a new 3 year deal.

Let's be realistic, as a third tier club we will not hang onto a potential world class striker if a "big" club with mega bucks comes knocking.

Our saving grace is Sunderland are a joke PL team and Che will know that!

HITC sources close to the situation understand Sunderland are sending scouts to Sheffield United's game tonight away at Peterborough United.

HITC sources close to the situation understand

HITC sources

mtbu.gif

Someone have a word in Phipps's ear - get him tied down :mad:

Phipps made it clear the player owns the contract and if he decides he wants to move there's nothing the club can do! Murphy had just signed a new 3 year deal.

Let's be realistic, as a third tier club we will not hang onto a potential world class striker if a "big" club with mega bucks comes knocking.

Our saving grace is Sunderland are a joke PL team and Che will know that!

56, can you show me where Phipps says a player 'owns' his contract? It's a mutually binding agreement, always has been. I know there are some who think that agreements are meaningless but that's incorrect. The fact that we usually wilt at the knee when anything around the million pound mark is mentioned shouldn't suggest that there's an inevitability about a player leaving. Naturally, if a club is strapped for cash then a player will leave if a fee is to the liking of the club and it's bankers, but please don't make this seem as if an agreement is 'owned' by a player, it's a mutually binding agreement, otherwise why not rely on a handshake as a legally binding agreement?

56, can you show me where Phipps says a player 'owns' his contract? It's a mutually binding agreement, always has been. I know there are some who think that agreements are meaningless but that's incorrect. The fact that we usually wilt at the knee when anything around the million pound mark is mentioned shouldn't suggest that there's an inevitability about a player leaving. Naturally, if a club is strapped for cash then a player will leave if a fee is to the liking of the club and it's bankers, but please don't make this seem as if an agreement is 'owned' by a player, it's a mutually binding agreement, otherwise why not rely on a handshake as a legally binding agreement?
can't find the quote that someone put up on the many threads itsinyerblood, don't think it was a tweet cause it was a long article. Will let you know if I come across it. Gist was if a player decides to,go there's not much the club can do!

If they sell Che on the back of the Murphy deal it sums up where this club is going (or rather staying) if it happens I will vote with my feet until McCabe goes. Che dug them out of a hole on sat. A bad result and the board would have faced a very different reaction.

I do believe in Adkins, but as we have seen all too often the board and their poor decisions can completely undermine a good manager.

can't find the quote that someone put up on the many threads itsinyerblood, don't think it was a tweet cause it was a long article. Will let you know if I come across it. Gist was if a player decides to,go there's not much the club can do!

Ah, that's a little different in interpretation.

As I said, an agreement is a document based on mutuality, although, at our level, an agreement may be weighed towards the club, but not always of course.

If a player is wanted by another club, depending on how long there is to go on the existing agreement, we could decide to hold out, pay the player more on the basis the player remains with us, or cash in. Because a player demands to move it doesn't mean we have to accept this situation. It all depends on the variables and how we/the club interpret what's in it's best interests.

Hang on....Hang on.....

Some charlatan says that a Premiership club is sending scouts to watch Che

Hang on....Hang on.....

Some charlatan says that a Premiership club is sending scouts to watch Ché, resulting in a seismic shock and convulsive trauma on here, with our club roundly criticised. Unbelievable...no I suppose not.

1. Of course there will be scouts coming to watch Ché. Dozens of the fuckers. Other scouts, including ours, will be watching other promising youngsters. The more promising, the more scouts and the higher the level they scout for. It couldn't be more blindingly obvious. Of course those who watched him at Ilkeston will be there, and more. He's a star in the making.

2. That's football. What are SUFC supposed to do? Intercept all scouting traffic at key checkpoints and divert them to Syria?

3. Do you seriously think the club doesn't realise that (thanks to Nigel Clough) it has a hot property on it's hands? This is not a mere De Juve or Little Louis. They'll be drawing up a hugely enhanced contract as we speak. American lawyers can be loud and rich (not you,Jim!), but they ain't stupid...

4. It remains for SUFC to convince Ché where his best interests lie. I think the present management have more chance of doing that than most.

5. In the meantime there'll be scouts by the million and there'll be offers. Nothing is more inevitable. Get used to it. The alternative is having players that no-one else rates, in other words, crap.

6. Stop blaming SUFC for what other parties write and do. They can do no more about it than you or I...

Edited after false start, above. Fucking iPhones....:eek:

Last edited:
At the moment he is one of our players so we need to stop worrying about him leaving. The board know what they are doing.

Hang on....Hang on.....

Some charlatan says that a Premiership club is sending scouts to watch Ché, resulting in a seismic shock and convulsive trauma on here, with our club roundly criticised. Unbelievable...no I suppose not.

1. Of course there will be scouts coming to watch Ché. Dozens of the fuckers. Other scouts, including ours, will be watching other promising youngsters. The more promising, the more scouts and the higher the level they scout for. It couldn't be more blindingly obvious. Of course those who watched him at Ilkeston will be there, and more. He's a star in the making.

2. That's football. What are SUFC supposed to do? Intercept all scouting traffic at key checkpoints and divert them to Syria?

3. Do you seriously think the club doesn't realise that (thanks to Nigel Clough) it has a hot property on it's hands? This is not a mere De Juve or Little Louis. They'll be drawing up a hugely enhanced contract as we speak. American lawyers can be loud and rich (not you,Jim!), but they ain't stupid...

4. It remains for SUFC to convince Ché where his best interests lie. I think the present management have more chance of doing that than most.

5. In the meantime there'll be scouts by the million and there'll be offers. Nothing is more inevitable. Get used to it. The alternative is having players that no-one else rates, in other words, crap.

6. Stop blaming SUFC for what other parties write and do. They can do no more about it than you or I...

Edited after false start, above. Fucking iPhones....:eek:
Phew..good to learn we aren't a selling club after all!

can't find the quote that someone put up on the many threads

I think you may mean this on JP's Facebook,

"There was no intent to sell Murphy. We have rejected million pound+ offers all Summer long for Jamie from Championship clubs. We accepted the last offer only when the player in multiple meetings, conversations and in writing made clear his desire to go. You can choose to call us liars, but these are the facts. We do not own the player, we own contractual rights. The value of the contractual rights drops for a number of reasons if you try to keep a player beyond the point when he has requested to go. This is my explanation."

Phew..good to learn we aren't a selling club after all!

Forgive me, mate. What point in my post are you addressing here? In any event, every club in the world, bar two or three, is a selling club. The bigger fish eat the smaller fish...

Forgive me, mate. What point in my post are you addressing here? In any event, every club in the world, bar two or three, is a selling club. The bigger fish eat the smaller fish...
Pinchy...the issue for me is not that clubs are attracted to better players but our board's complete inability to hang onto anybody who then drop their knickers for a shilling and a glass of "mothers ruin".

I don't know how genuine the current interest is but if a bid of £2m plus comes now or the January window then he will be sold, we all know this, the club are not going to risk him going for next to nothing as was proved with the Maguire sale.

The rules on young players do to apply so much here has he did not come through our Accademy so we have not spent highly producing him. I am also pretty sure Illkeston have a sell on clause as well.

Back
Top Bottom