Car Park Protest - Saturday 4.30pm

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Off to Primark for some cheap slipons, no way am I wasting a decent pair of Timberlands on this ill fated folly.

Off to Primark for some cheap slipons, no way am I wasting a decent pair of Timberlands on this ill fated folly.

You just be you and don't let anyone shame you for going to Primark, particularly me.

Certain owners get no praise for the significant things they accomplished.

Thats not to say they were total heroes, but to the owner who built the South Stand.. thanks! To the owner who built the new John Street . Thanks! To the owner who filled in the corners of the stadium.. thanks!

At least those guys built something that has had long term use over decades. What long lasting legacy will the Prince leave (if he ever manages to find the exit)?
Building the Then “ new south stand “ almost sent the club under , only for selling TC I think saved the day
I do go back that long , and started going when John street was wooden with my father
Seen us in all 4 divisions cup semis and playoff loses
And without doubt and not being sycophantic 1 of best owners in my 50+ years following Dem Blades , do I wish he’d sell up to a multi billionaire that would pump loads of money into us you betcha ,
but theirs 85+ other clubs wanting the same
I thought we might have enough to stay up this season but we won’t
How’s Forests 250 million spend going for them

More like a spoilt young attention seeker.

For us in our 50’s I don’t think people realise we’ve never had it as good and been as ambitious as we are now.

Everything is better.
The stadium, training ground, fan base/ average crowds, our ambition, our status as a club.

Don’t think we’ll ever be taken over by an ambitious owner because our fan lack ambition. Shefifieders in general, prefer cheapness over quality and we want things for nothing, hence no outsider will invest.
Things are better in comparison to decades ago. Unfortunately we're not competing in a league with former versions of United 🤷‍♂️

I think it's fair to question whether the club is well run. I won't be protesting but I hope the owner figures out a way to either maximise what the club does have or sell to a more dynamic party.

Fans of a football club are different to customers of your average business though.

Pare of the reason people buy football clubs is the adulation of fans, the glory of victory, the excitement of potentially making history. They bring their millionaire friends to sit in the stands, they let them meet the players after the game or at a training session.

Having the fans hate your guts harm's that aspect of ownership. For some owners they may not care in the slightest, it's a fair point.
Speak to a Reading fan, he/she would agree with your last point !

Transfer embargo.
Substandard training facilities.
Not having money to turn on the under soil heating.
Winning promotion then selling our best 2 players.
No succession planning (sack a manager - let's go back to the old one who I sacked before).
3 years of PL money and nothing to show for it - no new training ground or substantial improvements to the current one. No improvements to Bramall Lane (save for the improvements required of all PL clubs)
11 senior players contracted to us after this season (that 11 includes Brewster, Davies, Slimane as well)

If Ndiaye hadn't played out of his skin for most of last season we'd be in serious trouble right now. So I don't think the list of things are anything we should be praising him for, they are the least I'd expect from a vaguely responsible owner of a football club. But the support he gave to his manager at the beginning of this season is one of the worst any manager has been given when promoted to the Premier League. The state the squad is in now with so few players under contract next season is entirely down to him which we know after his ridiculous comments on SUW about liking players in the last year of this contract.

Oh, and he's holding out for way more than we are worth and he knows it. He values us as a Premier League club - we are in name only. The squad, backroom staff and training ground are nothing like Premier League level.
There are some good points there I admit, but I still don’t think there’s enough to justify a protest for being a disgraceful owner.

I’d suggest what we perhaps have to show for two years of premier league money is … a very swift return to the premier league and another year of premier league money. He could have sold Berge, sold Ndiaye, refused to pay wages (and fees?) for Doyle and McAtee loans, and cut the wage bill across the squad: he didn’t, and we went up. Saying it was ‘a fluke that Ndiaye did on his own’ is an exaggeration and ignores the fact he could have sold Ndiaye I think.

Some seem unhappy that he took risks that were too big and put the club close to a perilous position (can’t afford under-soil heating, can’t afford payment instalments leading to embargo etc.); they claim it’s embarrassing and we should never have got to that position.
Others seem unhappy that he’s not taken big enough risks (he should have borrowed more to fund bigger transfers this summer, bought more players, properly supported the manager with another borrowed 50 million etc.).
Does he take risks that are too big, or play it too safe? It can’t be both.

If his comment about players in the last season of their contracts is a genuine deliberate strategy across the squad, rather than an off-the-cuff remark about a couple of players, then I think he’s making a big mistake. I don’t believe he thinks that about every player at every level at every stage of their careers though. If he does, he’s a fool, and it may well end up costing him millions.

I’d have liked to have seen infrastructure improvements; I’m sure some would say the return of the ground into the club’s ownership counts; I’m not so sure. That money would have to come out of the playing staff budget though, and most people think he should have spent more on that, not less.

The last one is a protest about an asking price being too high - which - if we’re honest, none of us know specific details of, because he’s unlikely to state his lowest acceptable price before negotiating! So it’s a fairly baseless argument in my view.

For us in our 50’s I don’t think people realise we’ve never had it as good and been as ambitious as we are now.

Everything is better.
The stadium, training ground, fan base/ average crowds, our ambition, our status as a club.

Don’t think we’ll ever be taken over by an ambitious owner because our fan lack ambition. Shefifieders in general, prefer cheapness over quality and we want things for nothing, hence no outsider will invest.
What a load of rubbish, I want to see quality, no point having infrastructure and having men against boys every weekend, we are where we should be regarding level, we just need ambition to be good enough at this level, mid table, league or da cup chance here and there!
I’m a sheffielder in my 50’s and have been a regular since my first season attending in 81/82, can’t remember what league we were in!!!!
I don’t want owt for nowt, I want modern, quality, and value for money, and somewhere to belong when we bloody well get there, otherwise what’s the point

I would gladly join you in the car park, but, (like PA) the less time I spend at BDTBL this season the better.

Maybe see you at the turnstiles around 5.27pm or in the stand watching the game (unlike PA).

I'm just sick of the Prince getting such an incredibly easy ride off our fans. I want him to understand how unhappy we are.

Currently as fans we act like a person in an abusive relationship who doesn't dare speak out and invites more abuse year after year. It doesn't sit well with me.

I can't see any happy future while ever he remains at the club.
I would suggest your opinion would be taken more seriously if it didn't come in the early hours after a particularly hard-to-digest defeat.

What were you saying after we beat Brentford? Or even after the draw with West Ham?

It's become obvious that the Prince has no real desire to sell at a reasonable or fair price, and whilever he remains at the club its clear things will go from bad to worse.

It seems appropriate now that as fans we make a stand and peacefully protest against his continued ownership. We will demand that he drops his price and goes ASAP.

Ideally being on TV that brings our plight into the limelight and alerts some potential new owners of our situation

If nothing else is achieved it will cause the Prince huge embarrassment which he thoroughly deserves.

We've given him an incredibly easy ride so far, this easy ride can't continue any longer.

Hopefully see some of you in the car park Saturday 4.30pm.
(Shoes optional)
You could always join in with the mass pearl-clutching that fucking muppet Elmo started. It would be about as much use as waving your Golas int' car park:

No problem with a protest . Let them get on with it. My position is always going to be that the man/woman at the top is responsible for everything. That's why they get the big bucks. I recently had a row with my Building Soc about something. I wasn't happy with their reply so wrote to the Chief Exec. He delegated it to someone- job sorted.
The buck stops with someone - at the moment its the Prince of Darkness.

Ozzy Osbourne?

Everything is better.

Have you seen the last two guys who he’s tried to sell us to?

Give over. You suggested he engineered it. Hardly the same as turning the tables.

What do you get from shit like this?
Blimey lad, take a deep breath and chill.
McCabe set the process in motion and clearly never expected the Prince to engineer what he clearly thought was an unlikely outcome and take control.
The post I responded to said it wasn't the Prince's fault he ended up with control of the club when he clearly intended to once he saw the opportunity to turn the tables on McCabe, ie ownership didn't accidentally fall into his lap.

It's become obvious that the Prince has no real desire to sell at a reasonable or fair price, and whilever he remains at the club its clear things will go from bad to worse.

It seems appropriate now that as fans we make a stand and peacefully protest against his continued ownership. We will demand that he drops his price and goes ASAP.

Ideally being on TV that brings our plight into the limelight and alerts some potential new owners of our situation

If nothing else is achieved it will cause the Prince huge embarrassment which he thoroughly deserves.

We've given him an incredibly easy ride so far, this easy ride can't continue any longer.

Hopefully see some of you in the car park Saturday 4.30pm.
(Shoes optional)
Let's say the protest is successful, and the Prince sells to the next buyer who can stump up £50m from a non dodgy source.
Why will this new owner be better than what we've got?
They could be a lot lot worse.
Imagining the new owner is going to be spending on players, ground and academy is a nice thought, but just that.

Let's say the protest is successful, and the Prince sells to the next buyer who can stump up £50m from a non dodgy source.
Why will this new owner be better than what we've got?
They could be a lot lot worse.
Imagining the new owner is going to be spending on players, ground and academy is a nice thought, but just that.

Given the realities of the Prem & Championship why would anyone buy us that wasn't in a position to help us kick on? What would be the point?

Given the realities of the Prem & Championship why would anyone buy us that wasn't in a position to help us kick on? What would be the point?
What's the point in anybody buying a club really?
Only two types I can see.
1. Somebody minted, who is happy to spunk millions as a hobby.
2. Somebody who sees is as a way to make themselves money, by leveraging debt back into the club.

Number 1 is very rare. Loads of #2 about, as we've seen, and can see in other clubs.

Assuming us a club, team and fans will be better off is a hope we all have, but a long, long way from sure.
Things are bad now, but they can be a lot worse.
A new right owner for the long term is what is needed. Not a rush job of forcing PA out.

What's the point in anybody buying a club really?
Only two types I can see.
1. Somebody minted, who is happy to spunk millions as a hobby.
2. Somebody who sees is as a way to make themselves money, by leveraging debt back into the club.

Number 1 is very rare. Loads of #2 about, as we've seen, and can see in other clubs.

Assuming us a club, team and fans will be better off is a hope we all have, but a long, long way from sure.
Things are bad now, but they can be a lot worse.
A new right owner for the long term is what is needed. Not a rush job of forcing PA out.

A rush job? He's been at it for almost 2 years already.. hence the frustration!

I have this fear he'll still be here in another 2 years as he takes us to the brink of League One.

A rush job? He's been at it for almost 2 years already.. hence the frustration!

I have this fear he'll still be here in another 2 years as he takes us to the brink of League One.
At which point he would get nothing.
There's a balancing point where the club is a money pit ( pushing up the Prem), or worthless (League 1).
I imagine a championship/ Prem yo-yo club, can be held on to for minimal input, and maintain value.

I know people are unhappy that our owner isn’t that wealthy, and hasn’t sold us at a price below his valuation, but is that really some sort of despicable action by a business man?

We haven’t had a points deduction.
We haven’t seen asset stripping.
We haven’t seen the club plunged into unmanageable debt.
We haven’t seen matchday prices go through the roof trying to fleece fans at every opportunity.

We have had success on the field, reaching highest premier league position for decades, staying in premier league for 1st time in decades, returning to premier league faster than we ever have before, getting to Wembley.

Admittedly, we began the season with a squad that was weaker than the one that gained promotion, but that wasn’t by design; we really thought we had got Ndiaye signed up (which was clearly the aim), and a lot of us thought Hamer was as good as Berge. He could have gone for high risk, big debt, spend massively strategy; instead he chose not to do that, presumably putting the club in a lower risk position that might be more appropriate for a forthcoming sale. Was that really somehow screwing us over?

The reason I’m not really up for a protest isn’t so much apathy as I don’t think it’s that been that disgusting.
Steady now, objective assessments and reasoned debate is NOT what is wanted here.. shoes off! Set fire to the bogs!

Can someone please point me to the exact position in the car park the protest will be. You know, in case it’s not obvious & I’m looking in the wrong direction.
I’m usually there a bit early and have time to kill before I meet my pal & wouldn’t mind taking in the spectacle.
The last decent car park entertainment was when Sue Perkins was there conducting a brass band.

Everything is better.

Nah don’t agree I’m in my 60s and the 1970s were better u could stroll round the cricket pitch no problem with tickets and loyalty points. Wear ur scarf on yer wrist hooligans wore flares And had mullets we had Woodward currie Eddie Colquon bus was 10 p beer was 17p fags were 36p for embassy 😂😂😂😂👍👍

Back
Top Bottom