Can't remember such media ridicule?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Overthehills

Give Quiche A Chance....
Reaction score
After a night away from all things United, I pick my phone up this morning and read the online newspapers.... I really wish I hadn't 😂

I mean, we all know that we aren't everyones cup of tea and we usually end up being media bashed and written off as standard. For Instance Burnley, barring these silly results... there isn't much between us and them, yet they get off much lighter than us in the press.

But again this morning and seeing us in such headlines and sentences as 'blades shown up'....'humiliated' and 'embarrassment'. It cuts deep doesn't it??

I more than happy to move on to the next....

After a night away from all things United, I pick my phone up this morning and read the online newspapers.... I really wish I hadn't 😂

I mean, we all know that we aren't everyones cup of tea and we usually end up being media bashed and written off as standard. For Instance Burnley, barring these silly results... there isn't much between us and them, yet they get off much lighter than us in the press.

But again this morning and seeing us in such headlines and sentences as 'blades shown up'....'humiliated' and 'embarrassment'. It cuts deep doesn't it??

Still a fair bit of knoshing off of Kompany yet they did spend some money.

Spot on . Company is a media darling as was Wilder when we turned up in prem first time . I remember the predictions before that first season back from the likes of that bellend Adrian Durham on talk shite . Ridiculing us then . We don’t help ourselves though do we 🥺

32 years a blade, and this is undoubtedly the most embarrassing time I have experienced, I just turn my phone off match day now as I end up getting a barrage of texts about our shitty, half arsed, not fucking clue performances, it's amazing how we have dropped to this standard after the highs of 4/5 years ago...

Spot on . Company is a media darling as was Wilder when we turned up in prem first time . I remember the predictions before that first season back from the likes of that bellend Adrian Durham on talk shite . Ridiculing us then . We don’t help ourselves though do we 🥺

Burnley should be getting pelters too.

Apart from the 5-0 they beat us by at turf moor.

First time ever I felt we are becoming a laughing stock, or are we already? Worst times since Adkins

Fuck 'em all. We can see things with our own eyes, and don't need to read what they think.

Over the years we've been in worse positions obviously but has it ever been as difficult to watch as this season and of course there's still a long way to go before it's over, Christ that feels depressing 🥺

Bur they are all 100% correct 🤷‍♂️

The worst thing about media coverage whilst we are in the Premier League is that friends who have zero interest in football will pass comment on something they've read or seen on TV

O'Hara, Ashton & Morrison ridiculing us on SS news, worst team ever in premiership, hate them ,but they're not far off tbh

That’ll solve it. Just close your eyes and pretend it’s not happening. Cheers Dave, immense insight
I try my best to ignore you, but you really are beyond belief at times.
At no point have I suggested that things aren’t dire - I’m simply saying that I can see that for myself ( kind of implies that my eyes are open, to any reader of even average intelligence, doesn’t it?), and I don’t need to wallow in or care about the misery fest written by newspaper journalists who aren’t really bothered about the Blades anyway, in informing my opinion about our current dilemma ( and for your clarification, that’s a very different thing from pretending that it’s not happening).
If you took a moment to read and consider other people’s posts, and what they might be saying, instead of seeking to jump right in with a smartarse, insulting comment at the first opportunity, then you too might aspire to the immense insight of which you speak. The forum would be a better place for it.
Congratulations on achieving your aim of provoking a response. I will do my best to ignore the smartarse riposte.

It's painful listening to that sour little prick Tim Sherwood basically express his contempt for us at every opportunity..... and barely be able to disagree with him

We're stinking the league out and it's understandable that people just want us gone. 20th last time, 20th this time - just more embarrassingly. Why bother? We're just seen as a waste of a PL space that so many other clubs would appear far more grateful for and do far more with. It might as well be Boro, Blackburn or fucking Coventry rather than us

It wouldn't surprise me if one of the pundits finally cracks live on air and says "I wish Sheff United would just fuck off to the championship and never come back" to response of "hear hear!" from living rooms around the country......

He is a very dislikeable little prick isn't he. Timmy from sky sports. Contemptible character. Wouldn't piss on him if he was on fire.

Anyway,it's not all bad news. A lot of these wankers are out of contract in the summer and others will be moved on. We have some excellent young lads coming through. Time for a reset in the summer.

Went on holiday a couple of weeks ago and took the 5 year old granddaughter, we went to a market with all the Snyde football shirts, all the usual shit like Barcelona, Liverpool, Man City etc etc. the granddaughter had her blades shirt on under her sweatshirt and a vendor gave it the usual buy a shirt for your little girl. I said you ain’t got our team shirt, he said I have em all what’s your team to which the granddaughter pulled up her sweatshirt to show the blades shirt. The vendor and everyone else around us in the market just burst out laughing at us shaking their heads shouting rubbish Sheffield, rubbish Sheffield. The granddaughter was distraught. I must admit I have never felt so embarrassed to be a blade in my 50 years of supporting them.
thats was half way around the world and we are even a laughing stock there,I normally wear my colours with pride but it’s getting embarrassing lately, you don’t realise it’s worldwide embarrassment until shit like this happens…

Let’s just face it we are the modern day Norwich.

Just without that prick Todd Cant(do)well.

Went on holiday a couple of weeks ago and took the 5 year old granddaughter, we went to a market with all the Snyde football shirts, all the usual shit like Barcelona, Liverpool, Man City etc etc. the granddaughter had her blades shirt on under her sweatshirt and a vendor gave it the usual buy a shirt for your little girl. I said you ain’t got our team shirt, he said I have em all what’s your team to which the granddaughter pulled up her sweatshirt to show the blades shirt. The vendor and everyone else around us in the market just burst out laughing at us shaking their heads shouting rubbish Sheffield, rubbish Sheffield. The granddaughter was distraught. I must admit I have never felt so embarrassed to be a blade in my 50 years of supporting them.
thats was half way around the world and we are even a laughing stock there,I normally wear my colours with pride but it’s getting embarrassing lately, you don’t realise it’s worldwide embarrassment until shit like this happens…
We could lose 5-0 every week (not just every 2 weeks) and I'd still be far less embarrassed than I would be if I went around in a Man City or fucking PSG shirt....

Is there a narrative outside of the Blades echo chamber that we’ve thrown the fight, or is it just our own fans confusing poor recruitment with throwing in the towel?

I’ve seen plenty about us being shit, quite rightly, but I’m not sure I’ve seen as much as some people are suggesting about us damaging the integrity of the competition by not giving it a proper go. After all, in the summer, we did bring in two African internationals, a highly-rated Championship player who was deemed Premier League quality and a fairly highly rated striker who’d just had a great Championship season and seemed destined for higher things, and a Brazilian midfielder who’d been playing on loan in La Liga. Also Benie Traore, who was a punt, but all teams take the odd punt. Granted, we lost arguably our two best players, but we literally couldn’t keep hold of Ndiaye regardless of what we did, and the argument of selling Berge while we could get a decent return on him and reinvest that money holds some water. Oh yeah, and one of the most hotly-tipped youngsters on another season-long loan to build on what he brought to the team last season.

Additionally, in the JTW we’ve brought in an international keeper, a striker who had shown a lot of promise before slightly losing his way abroad, and a defender with Premier League experience. That’s more than some other teams have done.

I suspect that we’re viewing our ambition through a slightly different lens to that of the press and the general public. They just think we’re embarrassingly shit (which is kind of difficult to refute). A lot of our fans think that we’d thrown in the towel before the league even started. If we’d literally just started the kids - of whom we have plenty - I could understand it, but we did look to bring players in who would improve the team, it’s just that they’ve not improved it as much as everyone would have hoped. I might well be wrong - all abart opinions innit - but I can’t see pundits and your average football viewer thinking that were anything other than not good enough rather than not taking the league seriously enough as a deliberate ploy.

Been watching United since the early 90s and this is the most embarrassing time for me. Yes we had 6 years in league 1 but at least we were always there or there abouts apart from the Adkins season. Even under Adkins we weren’t getting absolutely battered every week. The players and coaching staff are beyond a joke and the manager has selected most of them and is clearly out of his depth. The lot of them need binning.

He is a very dislikeable little prick isn't he. Timmy from sky sports. Contemptible character. Wouldn't piss on him if he was on fire.

Anyway,it's not all bad news. A lot of these wankers are out of contract in the summer and others will be moved on. We have some excellent young lads coming through. Time for a reset in the summer.
Just wish the same about this tin pot owner ffs!

Back
Top Bottom