Can we do it?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Camden Blade

Reaction score
Stay up? I think we can. We were at rock bottom. Lack of belief. No confidence. But game's like today's, with a last minute win can change all that. There's games coming up in which we can pick up more points. Believe! Draw at Brighton would be nice, beat Bournemouth at the Lane...

Archer was my motm today. He is quiet for long spells but what a finish and his runs unsettle defenders. He's PL quality. Souza had his best game. McAtee was outstanding when he came on. Full of running. Bogle should continue in midfield. I've always thought he would be better in an attacking role. Robbo is turning into one of the buys of the Wilder era. £500k and looks a far more accomplished player than he did in our last spell in PL.

100% we can finish 4th bottom. The other 3 teams at the bottom will be thinking exactly the same though. Think it will come down to who strengthens the best in January, can’t see us strengthening much but who’s to say we don’t go on a decent run as there is some winnable games in the next handful of games. Come January if we have a realistic chance hopefully that will persuade the Prince to find a few bob from somewhere.

Stay up? I think we can. We were at rock bottom. Lack of belief. No confidence. But game's like today's, with a last minute win can change all that. There's games coming up in which we can pick up more points. Believe! Draw at Brighton would be nice, beat Bournemouth at the Lane...

Archer was my motm today. He is quiet for long spells but what a finish and his runs unsettle defenders. He's PL quality. Souza had his best game. McAtee was outstanding when he came on. Full of running. Bogle should continue in midfield. I've always thought he would be better in an attacking role. Robbo is turning into one of the buys of the Wilder era. £500k and looks a far more accomplished player than he did in our last spell in PL.
Interesting view on Souza as I thought his ability with the ball was very limited. He is scared of no one but the ball

Don't be ridiculous. We'll still be lucky to get to 12 points which is the real target.

Better the 3 teams above us over the next 2 months then we may have a chance.
The injury crisis is crippling us and our chances.
We need to spend big if we are in a position worthy of throwing money at.

Interesting view on Souza as I thought his ability with the ball was very limited. He is scared of no one but the ball
There was an occasion in the first half when he burst forward and all he had to do was lay it off for a colleague on his right but he just kept going straight into defenders and lost it - no vision , no footy brain for the attacking side of the game.
A midfield of him Norwood & Hamer means no one to run at the opposition and no quick creativity

100% we can finish 4th bottom. The other 3 teams at the bottom will be thinking exactly the same though. Think it will come down to who strengthens the best in January, can’t see us strengthening much but who’s to say we don’t go on a decent run as there is some winnable games in the next handful of games. Come January if we have a realistic chance hopefully that will persuade the Prince to find a few bob from somewhere.
If we managed our injuries better. Conditioned the team better and made full use of 5 tactical substitutes during games I genuinely believe we could get up amongst the next tier above the bottom 4. To-days result was a huge boost to confidence. Yet we have Brewster starting a game only half fit. Trusty going down with cramp after an hour. Hamer left on too long and picking up a hammy although the ref didn't help in refusing him treatment. We only make 2 substitutions due to injury during 100 minutes of play and run the risk of further reducing our numbers available in a critical fixture period. The results of the injury review can't come soon enough. Having said all that great win today.

Teams on 10, 11 and 12 points are nowhere near safe given that you need 36-40 points for safety. There are lots of points to play for. If we win again we're on 7 points, and it's unlikely that all the teams on 10-12 points will win. There are probably eight teams with relegation worries atm.

Everton FFP decision might make this season a total outlier. 6-7 points from the next 3 and we give ourselves a chance.
I wouldn't hold out any hope of that happening, if anything it'll be either a financial fine or at the very most a paltry 3 points and even then who is to say it will be implemented this season. Think we all know how these things work by now.

I wouldn't hold out any hope of that happening, if anything it'll be either a financial fine or at the very most a paltry 3 points and even then who is to say it will be implemented this season. Think we all know how these things work by now.
If they’re found guilty hasn’t recommended sanction already been put forward? Not following it that closely. TBH I think if it carries forward into next season and they avoid the drop by less than the deducted amount, they might find the relegated sides joining the queue to have a pop at them. Long overdue IMO.

Yes we can.
That one solitary win has closed the gap hugely already.
We absolutely must win at home against other sides around the bottom, if we can nick the odd away win against them too, and pick up some points against the mid table sides then I think we are in with a good shout.

Reactions: Dkc

I'd say probably not, but if we can find a way to play more like the 2nd half in more games I'd be quite satisfied and we'd have half a chance.

I felt MOM was out of Baldock or McAtee yesterday. They demonstrated what we need. Immense effort levels and quality

Finally winning is huge for us. It’s hard to imagine how it must be for the players, having no wins and 1 point hanging over you. Especially for those players who were here in our last PL season.

It’ll be a huge confidence boost and I’d like to think, take the shackles off us a bit.

We have a very difficult game against a great Brighton side, next week. A draw would be an outstanding result, so let’s not get too disheartened if we lose (unless it’s another battering!).

It’s a shame there’s yet another international break before our next run of games, where we should be aiming to pick up more points and against those sides around us in the league.

Reactions: Dkc
4 teams who are quite far off the required standard, finish above 3 of them and stay up. If you can drag anymore teams into it, it benefits the group but I think the rest have enough about them to steer clear. Think it will be a low points total that keeps whoever up.

Hi Stegosaurus here

Yes

Bournemouth and Burnley and Luton are just as shit as us. 20 points will keep one of us up.

It basically comes down to who wins the most when the shit play each other and flukes some points elsewhere
If the EPL grow a pair and throw Everton a 8-12 point deduction that brings them into it, that 3:5.
If you add in Wolves and a Florist team that’s only had 1 win more than us for all their spunkin it could be perm 3:7

Not daft enough to say we will, but the atmosphere on Monday morning will be buoyant and that’s priceless

Easy to get carried away after such an emotional moment in the 99th minute yesterday.

Can we? Yes, probably. Not to sound like a pig but the bottom end of the PL is as weak as it's been for years.

Will we? Probably not at the moment. One swallow does not make a summer. Now if we win let's say 3 more before Xmas, then maybe. But for now, I think we're still doomed, but we might show a bit of fight on the way down.

It's a four team league at the moment, but I still think both Everton and Forest will get dragged back into it. If we can beat Bournemouth and Burnley (anything from Brighton being a huge bonus) we should be comfortably out of the bottom 3.

One game at a time though. Enjoy this win but realise it is just a start and we know more than most that much harder tests are to come.

Baldock was by far and away the MOTM today, made all the difference having him back today, was as if the team had had a jump start, and our heart had started beating again!
Thought Robinson was best player in first half when we were under constant pressure

And McAtee in second half, Baldock was steady throughout

Probably not but I do love the championship so I'm biased in a negative way!

Back
Top Bottom