Can someone explain the offside rule please?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

From what I saw, Souza was in an offside position, not interfering with play, then got back onside as the ball was played backwards. Then the ball goes forward with Souza on side and comes back to McB to score.
What have I missed here please?
When Robbo wangs it across Souza is offside and has the next touch. Without that the goal doesn’t happen.

It feels very cruel but probably correct.

From what I saw, Souza was in an offside position, not interfering with play, then got back onside as the ball was played backwards. Then the ball goes forward with Souza on side and comes back to McB to score.
Someone was looking for an excuse to wipe out the goal?
A Premier League star will be able to explain it all to us tonight on MoD

Doesn’t matter which way the ball goes if the guy who receives it was offside when it was played
Well I didn't know that.
I was quite sure i'd seen loads of goals scored where it's cut back from the goal line and a player in an otherwise offside position scores and it's allowed.

Same rule that disallowed Osborn's goal against Brighton where the cross was backwards and deflected forward

Can't hac

Can't have little old Sheffield United winning games at this stage of the season.

14 minutes added time will show em.

I fuckin despise this league and the cunts that run it.

Every now and again they’ll fairly correct a terrible decision but majority of goals that get chalked off by var the defending team knows they got away with one in reality.

Maybe…maybe not.
We have no idea if that were the case. They all whinge about it as well.

We can’t blame VAR for the fact we are dire.
Perhaps if we could keep the ball a bit better the players might not be hanging out their arse after an hour

If the ball is played backwards you can`t be offside a la a corner
Wrong regards the corner rule.

You can't be offside any time the ball is played back into play when it has been off the pitch. This includes goal kicks and throw ins which are forwards played forwards.

If you’re behind the ball you’re not in an offside position
So if you're in front of the ball in an offside position, and get back onside while the ball goes backwards, then the ball goes forwards while you're on side and then you get the ball, you're called offside for the original offence even though you didn't touch it while you were in the original off side position?

I am against VAR completely BUT if we do have it forced on us a simple and fast statement as to what they saw in some cases is needed asap not hours later.

The BBD var check was for a foul on BBD after the goal has gone on but nobody knew for ages I was thinking it was a handball as that's the only thing I could think it was!!

Back
Top Bottom