CONFIRMED Cameron Archer signs for the Blades - 4 year contract

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

So by this reckoning it seems we are trying to value strikers….the good ones….way below their realistic value.
They are the rarest and most valuable commodity, and offering 50% below their value isn’t going to work.
Villa are not desperate. He has a 4 yr contract. If we want him we will have to pay for him.

However it’s frustrating if we have been wasting time chasing this when as probably the most skint team in this division we have no flex over any other club above champ level.
I will say this too….strikers are the hardest to get in…so get them first!! Never mind trying g to juggle all over the pitch, get this one out the way first. Not last.

Berge was par for the course at £12m.
Ndiaye was a stinker at £14m (rising to £20m). Really, really poor.
I'm going to play the post not the poster, but Hamer was a good deal, Berge was a decent deal, and Ndiaye was closer to £20m I believe rather than £14m. None of these were bad deals.

I can't really grasp how people don't value him at £15m+.
He's English. He's got 4 years left on his deal with a team that aren't desperate to sell.
21 years old with some of the best statistics in the division last season and the season before.

This isn't Brewster mkII.
He came to Bramall Lane and intelligently led the line against the best defence in the division, bullied and outpaced us, scored twice.
I've never seen Brewster do any of that.

Who has gone for £8-10m that fits the above profile? It's a daft offer.
I don’t think the valuation is the stumbling block it‘s the fact that Villa are insisting on a buy back clause in the deal and we’re saying no.

He's English. He's got 4 years left on his deal with a team that aren't desperate to sell.
21 years old with some of the best statistics in the division last season and the season before.

He came to Bramall Lane and intelligently led the line against the best defence in the division, bullied and outpaced us, scored twice.

It's an opening offer.

Agreed, but I'm trying to stick to facts, rather than speculation.

So from what we know, there's only Akpom we bid for and didn't get, so that doesn't make us tyre kickers.

Give a few more names of players we have bid for in this window that we haven't got, and I'll agree that we are tyre kickers. At the moment I don't agree.
That's fine pal, it's your right to disagree. I cannot give you names because I'm not privy to that info, but is it too much of a stretch to think we've lost out on players because of how we act. You can tell Hecky is faked off with it all. Anyhow UTB pal.

Yes, because we failed to get Traore & we won’t get anyone else in, obviously.
Well I view Traore as more a CAM than a striker, so didn't factor him in to this

And honestly looking at the current market and our funds available - who do we get in that's an improvement?

It's not a great analogy but if I view a house that is on the market for 400k and I only offer 200k it stands to reason that I won't be sold it. Even if their value is a bit too high.

Bit easier to value a house though and more importantly, you know what you are getting for your money.

Nah.

We got a good deal on Hamer, and Ndiaye, and Berge to be honest.

It's called negotiation and we don't seem to be too bad at it.

The only player we seem to have genuinely missed out on is Akpom, and the consensus on here was that he was worth £8m. The club thought so too, and he went for £12.2.

Who else have we missed out on this season (actually missed out on, rather than the massive wish list on here)?
Brewster 23m 🤦‍♂️

I do but he's not going to keep us up.
Who do you think we should try to buy/have tried to buy who would “give us a chance of staying up”? Hamer, Trusty and Souza at least come into that category. And what about the loans to come? We might still go down but I don’t think we are “following the Norwich model” at all.

Well I view Traore as more a CAM than a striker, so didn't factor him in to this

And honestly looking at the current market and our funds available - who do we get in that's an improvement?
Traore is a forward.

Have to be patient and wait & see who else comes in before we start shitting the bed won’t we.

I notice the club haven't put much out on Social Media today, it seems very quiet

Bang on

I'm going to play the post not the poster, but Hamer was a good deal, Berge was a decent deal, and Ndiaye was closer to £20m I believe rather than £14m. None of these were bad deals.
If this is the case - they we're good deals , i agree

It's not a great analogy but if I view a house that is on the market for 400k and I only offer 200k it stands to reason that I won't be sold it. Even if their value is a bit too high.
So so true, I am reminded of one of the other great thinkers of our time - George Osborne - who compared macroeconomic policy to a personal credit card.
Anybody who cannot see the similarities between buying a house and buying a 21yr old human owned by a PLC has no vision.

Admin note: Infraction given for personal abuse
So so true, I am reminded of one of the other great thinkers of our time - George Osborne - who compared macroeconomic policy to a personal credit card.
Anybody who cannot see the similarities between buying a house and buying a 21yr old human owned by a PLC has no vision.
Are you retarded? What you on about no vision.

Back
Top Bottom