CONFIRMED Cameron Archer signs for the Blades - 4 year contract

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

This isn't going to be true but maybe we're thinking.... if we can only get Akpom for 12m then why not try for Archer at that price, but then Akpoms gone and we can't get Archer unless we bid 18mil. Then we think, well if we need to pay 18mil just go and get Georgey boy from Metz....

Still hope we get Archer. There are a lot of similarities between Archer and Brewster, there is that. But looking at the type of goals that Brewster scored at swansea there were from memory all crossed into the box and strikers finishes, whereas the goals that archer scored were more varied from his spell at Boro, less reliance on service. I think Archer will prove to be better than Brewster but only time will tell, if he comes. Still hopeful that Brewster will come good too but he has a lot to prove.

What would Archer's price be if he simply carried on scoring at a similar rate for a full championship season?

11 in 17 starts = 27 in 42 starts

Then add his assists;

6 in 17 starts = 15 in 42 starts

Combined;

27 goals and 15 assists in 42 starts

He'd be going for 25m, bare minimum

What would Archer's price be if he simply carried on scoring at a similar rate for a full championship season?

Then add his assists;

Combined;

+ factoring in his age, being English and a long term contract

Then add his assists;

Combined;

If he was under a decent length of contract control and the club he was at didn’t need to sell for financial reasons I think you’d be looking at Watkins money.

Then add his assists;

Combined;

I was guna say this, if we buy him for £15m-£18m and he scores 10 this season he's 30million next summer easy even if we go down. If we can do it without a buyback then it's good business. I know it's a risk and he might not score any but we've got to buy someone and I think he's a better bet than piroe or Adams.

Even if you want to be more conservative and factor in being in a good attacking team and maybe not being able to maintain the numbers over more games...... fine

Say 22 goals and 10 assists then

That's still 15m, bare minimum

And that's around the least we should be willing to pay

We need someone, we need someone like him, and if we don't get him, other options appear to be lacking and we'll end up with someone worse

If we have to sacrifice someone else permanently, even Doyle, so be it. We already have a competitive midfield. We don't have a competitive front line

Archer for 15 rising to 18m plus Doyle/McAtee and Chukwuemeka/Anderson on loan would be more than acceptable

We're proper fucking tyre kickers aren't we.

By all means start lower but ffs. Like these clowns on under the sun who put an offer of 100 grand in on a property on the market at 150g's.
We are not tyre kickers - we've obtained 7 new players this summer.

Nothing wrong with trying to get a good deal. We've got 2 weeks before we need a new striker.

He won't be registered in time for tomorrow, and we will never get the ball that far up the field against Man City.

We've got plenty of time to sort this out.

We are not tyre kickers - we've obtained 7 new players this summer.

Nothing wrong with trying to get a good deal. We've got 2 weeks before we need a new striker.

He won't be registered in time for tomorrow, and we will never get the ball that far up the field against Man City.

We've got plenty of time to sort this out.
Offering 8 million for Archer suggests we are

Offering 8 million for Archer suggests we are
Nah.

We got a good deal on Hamer, and Ndiaye, and Berge to be honest.

It's called negotiation and we don't seem to be too bad at it.

The only player we seem to have genuinely missed out on is Akpom, and the consensus on here was that he was worth £8m. The club thought so too, and he went for £12.2.

Who else have we missed out on this season (actually missed out on, rather than the massive wish list on here)?

Nah.

The only player we seem to have genuinely missed out on is Akpom, and the consensus on here was that he was worth £8m. The club thought so too, and he went for £12.2.

Who else have we missed out on this season (actually missed out on, rather than the massive wish list on here)?
That you know of.........

Even if you want to be more conservative and factor in being in a good attacking team and maybe not being able to maintain the numbers over more games...... fine

Say 22 goals and 10 assists then

That's still 15m, bare minimum

And that's around the least we should be willing to pay

We need someone, we need someone like him, and if we don't get him, other options appear to be lacking and we'll end up with someone worse

If we have to sacrifice someone else permanently, even Doyle, so be it. We already have a competitive midfield. We don't have a competitive front line

Archer for 15 rising to 18m plus Doyle/McAtee and Chukwuemeka/Anderson on loan would be more than acceptable

I can't really grasp how people don't value him at £15m+.
He's English. He's got 4 years left on his deal with a team that aren't desperate to sell.
21 years old with some of the best statistics in the division last season and the season before.

This isn't Brewster mkII.
He came to Bramall Lane and intelligently led the line against the best defence in the division, bullied and outpaced us, scored twice.
I've never seen Brewster do any of that.

Who has gone for £8-10m that fits the above profile? It's a daft offer.

Nah.

Berge was par for the course at £12m.
Ndiaye was a stinker at £14m (rising to £20m). Really, really poor.

That you know of.........
Agreed, but I'm trying to stick to facts, rather than speculation.

So from what we know, there's only Akpom we bid for and didn't get, so that doesn't make us tyre kickers.

Give a few more names of players we have bid for in this window that we haven't got, and I'll agree that we are tyre kickers. At the moment I don't agree.

Back
Top Bottom