Player Suggestion Britt Assombalonga

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

A Forest fan mate of mine really rated him. If you look at his record since his move to Boro it's impressive, especially if you consider he was playing for Pulis.
I'd be happy with this signing. If we was to sign Brit and Watkins/Robinson I'd be happy with the 4 strikers at the club come August.

We may have to Patrick :)

Classic case of beggars can't be....................... if you know what I mean?

I would say he’s at least in the calibre of what we have at the club (with Sharp and McGoldrick) which wouldn’t be so bad.

Not the same player since the serious injury he sustained at Forest.

Not the same player since the serious injury he sustained at Forest.

The same was said about McGoldrick of course and he's just had the season of his life.
I do appreciate it's not the best comparison as both circumstances are very different. But I do fully believe CW and his staff will assess Brit fully.

The same was said about McGoldrick of course and he's just had the season of his life.
I do appreciate it's not the best comparison as both circumstances are very different. But I do fully believe CW and his staff will assess Brit fully.

I don't think Mcgoldrick has ever had an injury that serious. It really was horrific what he did. He also doesn't rely on his speed and explosiveness as much as Assombalonga. If we could get him for five million I'd consider it, but I reckon they'll want their money back.

Last edited:
I don't think Mcgoldrick has ever had an injury that serious. It really was horrific what he did. He also doesn't rely on his speed and explosiveness as much as Assombalonga. If we could get him for five million I'd consider it, but I reckon they'll want their money back.

They can want their money back but realistically they must be up against financial fiat play and at some point are gonna need to take what they can get

£7m tops for me.

If Boro want their money back then they should've thought about that in the first place when paying that absurd £15m fee.

It is a shame how the injury knocked him back, he would've been a 15 goal PL striker now, but Callum Wilson gives hope to players like him - he did both ACLs and is better than ever.

I wasn't trying to compare the injuries. I was just suggesting that CWAK will run their assessments and make a sound decision regarding him.
I only mentioned McGoldrick as he was a player that was written off by some.
And Ricky makes a good point regarding injuries and Wilson.
In CWAK we trust!

Was just going to make the same point myself ! Be interesting to see how many Billy would score playing in a Pulis team. Whether we make as many chances next year is up for grabs but if CWAK are genuinely interested given how we play, and how he would fit in that style, then happy to trust their judgement

I have been unconvinced by him as well. Not sure if he can make the step up. However.....

He would give us something a bit different (direct running and power) and when you look around at the options available to clubs in our bracket it’s very limited in terms of quality and value. If the price isn’t too high he may be a sensible option. Should the worst happen and we come down we have another ready made 20 goal a season Championship striker at the club.

He may also bag 10 in the PL in a Chris Wilder side. Not beyond the realms of believable. I’m coming round to the idea.
in understsanding how well a striker might do in a Chris wilder team you have to measure their previous ;performances against the Leon Clarke measure

32 goals in 9 championship seasons prior to arriving at the Lane
19 in first season under wilder

McGoldrick isn't far behind
48 in 9 seasons prior to arrival

15 in 1 for the blades

Back
Top Bottom