Bring back Hecky ASAP!

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Prince needs to accept he's made a mistake and bring Hecky back ASAP before he gets a job elsewhere. Wilder's still way out of his depth and it's only a matter of time before he sulks off out the back door again. We were in far better hands with Hecky & McCall!!
🐷

Hecky would have had the tactical awareness to see out the win tonight and we'd be 2 points better off 🤦‍♂️ The sooner Wilder sneaks off out the back door again the better! 🤬

We would still be on 5 points if we still had Hecky. And probably have been thumped a few more times too.

We would still be on 5 points if we still had Hecky. And probably have been thumped a few more times too.
Wow. Instead we’re on 10 with 1 win in about 10 games. Get the statue in the car park ready!

The old adage. You don't go back
Players or Managers. The second time is never the same second time around

We would’ve been at least 4-0 down at HT if Heckingbottom was still here. Put the bottle down.
How do you work that out when we only lost 1-0 to Palace earlier in the season with Hecky?
Some people love changing history to fit their own narrative.

How do you work that out when we only lost 1-0 to Palace earlier in the season with Hecky?
What are you on about? What exactly are you arguing for in favour of Hecky?

You obviously didn’t go to the match.

We hardly crossed the half way line. Place had 3 goals disallowed and never got out of 2nd gear.

The results were good under Hecky, it was the performances that were a disgrace, the worse I’ve seen in 50 years.

Most games looked like a league 1 or even a league 2 team playing a PL team in the cup. Heckys main tactic was damage limitation, which in fairness, he was quite good at.

Hecky, Jack and Stuart McCall were better than these imposters! Got to be worth a try for next season

Before I start this I know it’s easy to feel good about a manager after a win & want him out when we lose.

The interesting debate is that if we’d have had Wilder in charge from the start would we have been better off? Based on points per game so far we’ve got around 0.8 with Wilder & we’d have been on level points with Everton maybe Luton if he’d started the season.

People didn’t want him back, I’m in that camp too. But for me regardless of the result tomorrow, Wilders doing a good job with pretty much the same team that Hecky had.

I feel more confident with Wilder in charge for the summer overhaul too, our summer wouldn’t have been like it was if he’d been in charge. No chance we’d have signed Laroucci, Slimane, Traore. He’s seen straight through the crap we’ve signed. We also never had the contract issues under Wilder that we’re now facing.

Looking back at the results I’m quite frustrated we didn’t sack Hecky after the 8-0 drumming against Newcastle!

I’m feeling happy about blades life under Wilder, it feels more settled and back to turning up with a small hope of winning a premier league game again.

Before I start this I know it’s easy to feel good about a manager after a win & want him out when we lose.

The interesting debate is that if we’d have had Wilder in charge from the start would we have been better off? Based on points per game so far we’ve got around 0.8 with Wilder & we’d have been on level points with Everton maybe Luton if he’d started the season.

People didn’t want him back, I’m in that camp too. But for me regardless of the result tomorrow, Wilders doing a good job with pretty much the same team that Hecky had.

I feel more confident with Wilder in charge for the summer overhaul too, our summer wouldn’t have been like it was if he’d been in charge. No chance we’d have signed Laroucci, Slimane, Traore. He’s seen straight through the crap we’ve signed. We also never had the contract issues under Wilder that we’re now facing.

Looking back at the results I’m quite frustrated we didn’t sack Hecky after the 8-0 drumming against Newcastle!

I’m feeling happy about blades life under Wilder, it feels more settled and back to turning up with a small hope of winning a premier league game again.

A few on here (myself included) wanted him gone after Newcastle at home and stated as such on here. I took the time to think about it for a couple of days after the result so that it wasn't just emotion talking on my behalf, but a few days later I was still coming to the same conclusion that the game was up for PH. Unfortunately the club didn't agree, and we wasted time we didn't have waiting for the inevitable and more insufferable hammerings and humiliation such as Burnley rocking in 5 against us without reply at Turf Moor. If we had done what should have been done after Newcastle (which should never ever happen to a Sheffield United team) we might have had time to turn it around. By being too loyal rather than being pragmatic and taking the obvious (if difficult) decision we have shot ourselves in the foot. For me, PH could have no complaints if the axe fell after the Newcastle debacle. Water under the bridge now, but that was the time to change manager this season.

A few on here (myself included) wanted him gone after Newcastle at home and stated as such on here. I took the time to think about it for a couple of days after the result so that it wasn't just emotion talking on my behalf, but a few days later I was still coming to the same conclusion that the game was up for PH. Unfortunately the club didn't agree, and we wasted time we didn't have waiting for the inevitable and more insufferable hammerings and humiliation such as Burnley rocking in 5 against us without reply at Turf Moor. If we had done what should have been done after Newcastle (which should never ever happen to a Sheffield United team) we might have had time to turn it around. By being too loyal rather than being pragmatic and taking the obvious (if difficult) decision we have shot ourselves in the foot. For me, PH could have no complaints if the axe fell after the Newcastle debacle. Water under the bridge now, but that was the time to change manager this season.
I agree, the losses I could take, it was the inept performance and defeatism Hecky not only allowed to happen but cultivated it in some ways by been so passive in interviews

That said, had the axe swung after Newcastle, there would have been as many calling ‘too soon’ ‘he deserved longer’ and ‘no loyalty’, as there are now saying ‘should have happened sooner’ - then imagine if the results hadn’t gone well, the vitriol would have been unbelievable

All got a degree in hindsight

FWIW I didn’t want Wilder back but fair play he’s give us pride back even if we go down

Last edited:
I agree, the losses I could take, it was the inept performance and defeatism Hecky not only allowed to happen but cultivated it in some ways by been so passive in interviews

This was the big thing with PH - the acceptance of defeat as inevitable.

Never did it feel like there was expectation of anything else, and I did always feel like that must have been permeating through the dressing room. It felt like players knew it was OK to lose before we even kicked off.

His interview after the Newcastle debacle was absolutely pathetic (talking about SUFC are expected to get a few hammerings like that over the season....really Paul?). If the result wasn't bad enough, the interview afterwards made my blood boil. There should have been no comeback for him after that.

Bearing in mind the club basically said pre season that his job was safe even if we got relegated (though the club clearly thought that the performances would be much better than the results were) then to fuck it up so badly (lack of funds accepted) and have so little organisation and tactical awareness and acceptance of defeat pre game, means that he has really outdone himself to manage to get himself sacked this season. He was way out of his depth, sadly. Glad Wilder is back and at least we now have a chance in each game again and the players now look like they believe again.

Back
Top Bottom