Bring back Hecky ASAP!

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Comedy, not what it used to be although I'd wager the OP could still get himself a show on BBC 5.
There take that you unfunny bastard.

Today, we were poor, looked a relegation threatened PL team.
However this would have been Heckys best performances of the season.

Under Hecky most of the games we were embarrassing, looked a mid table league 1 side, no where near good enough for the Championship.

Think sensible fans can accept a defeat, they can accept relegation, can ever accept the odd poor display
What we will never accept is embarrassing displays, we've had several of them already under Hecky.
So daft as it sounds, today is still progress.

Prince needs to accept he's made a mistake and bring Hecky back ASAP before he gets a job elsewhere. Wilder's still way out of his depth and it's only a matter of time before he sulks off out the back door again. We were in far better hands with Hecky & McCall!!
I'm presuming this is a joke?

I'm presuming this is a joke?

Yes, he's kind of joking but trying to make the point that
Under Hecky we were relegated and playing like that we'll also be relegated, so what's the difference?

The difference isn't in the results, it's in the performances.
Hecky wasn't relegated based on results, his job was pretty safe, the club expected relegation
but they never expected being thrashed every week and not standing a chance of winning a game.

My concern for this season under Hecky was being thrashed most weeks and not breaking 10 points.
Also think there would be a serious chance we could become involved in a relegation battle next season.

Where as under Wilder, we can forget about being thrashed and there won't be anymore embarrassing performances.
Also we're already showing signs of vast improvement and hopefully we can mount a promotion challenge next season.

Prince needs to accept he's made a mistake and bring Hecky back ASAP before he gets a job elsewhere. Wilder's still way out of his depth and it's only a matter of time before he sulks off out the back door again. We were in far better hands with Hecky & McCall!!
Get a life yer fuckin maggot

Although this is clearly a bit tongue in cheek I agree with what the OP is getting at. Fans are so fickle. Last week posters couldn’t wait to share their love for wilder. He’s achieved absolutely nothing. One win does not solve our issues. The change in management created a short term uplift but will not achieve anything in the long run. Very poor appointment and today showed exactly why!

Hecky wilder Warnock. The theme is keep it local gets you nowhere.

I bet if the pigs stay up and keep their manager they will stuff us big time.
Aye, foreign managers have reaped rewards for our porcine neighbours.

Although this is clearly a bit tongue in cheek I agree with what the OP is getting at. Fans are so fickle. Last week posters couldn’t wait to share their love for wilder. He’s achieved absolutely nothing. One win does not solve our issues. The change in management created a short term uplift but will not achieve anything in the long run. Very poor appointment and today showed exactly why!
Who would you have gone for to make the difference?

Who would you have gone for to make the difference?
So one win isn’t enough but 2 defeats against Liverpool and Chelsea is enough to convince you its a ‘very poor appointment’.

The first half today was better than 90% of the season so far. Players lost their discipline 2nd half which wilder addressed after the match rather than quoting running stats or other increasingly irrelevant nonsense that heckingbottom came out with in his last 8 games.

So one win isn’t enough but 2 defeats against Liverpool and Chelsea is enough to convince you its a ‘very poor appointment’.

The first half today was better than 90% of the season so far. Players lost their discipline 2nd half which wilder addressed after the match rather than quoting running stats or other increasingly irrelevant nonsense that heckingbottom came out with in his last

The first half today was better than 90% of the season so far. Players lost their discipline 2nd half which wilder addressed after the match rather than quoting running stats or other increasingly irrelevant nonsense that heckingbottom came out with in his last 8 games.
Thaz talking to t wrong man....I think 🤔

You’ve quoted the wrong person here fella.

Would have been 8 again today. At the ground first half everyone around me was saying how much better our shape is.

The main thing is the players have started to throw Hecky under the bus recently. Player like McAtee with his interview shows how much better CW is.

Two defeats didn’t convince me it was a poor appointment. His first spell and the way he left did that, as it did for a seemingly majority on here. One win against a out of form Brentford and everyone’s talking like we are going to stay up with posts like “we have our club back” - which I found quite disrespectful to a manager who saved our club to be honest.

We’ll see where we are at the end of the season but I very much doubt Chris Wilder will change very much. We’ve had the new managerial bounce - 1 win against Brentford. And if you think puttting men behind the ball hanging on to a 0-0 in the first half is something to cheer about it shows how our fans will literally clap anything. I’m not saying we should have kept Hecky but the only alternative wasn’t Wilder. The fact our fans thought it was is why we haven’t won a carrot in our history!

Wow! That was quick work!
Hecki did well to take us up.He had to go in the end!
Players heads were down that is always a sign manger has to go.
We are already more progressive under Wilder ,some players were poor yesterday and ball retention was poor which seemed to suit our tactics on the day.Wilder commented on where we went wrong early 2nd half.The players heads didn't drop and that is massive compared to where we were.
Big job Wilder has taken on He knew the score so came into it with his eyes open.
Hecki although came across well in interviews gave very little to the fans regarding team news etc,already Wilder is more forth coming on that front!!
Injuries ! Expectations etc..

43541F4C-9FFD-4232-BCC2-8454E54C7EF0.jpeg

OK I'll bite...do you not see a huge improvement in performance since CW took over? Yeah, we lost to Liverpool and Chelsea, 2 of the biggest and richest clubs on the planet. So fucking what? Did you really expect a new manager would suddenly see us beating the likes of them? Nobody with half a brain would do so. Just the way the fixture calendar worked out, alongside the timing of sacking Hecky and bringing CW back in.

The acid test is against the lower-ranked teams, the teams that we should look to get results out of. So far we've played one of them, and got 3 invaluable points. The next one is on boxing day, cos we'll get fuck all out of a Villa side who are absolutely flying, and turning themselves into under-the-radar title contenders.

Fact is, we will probably go down. No manager on earth would have changed that. We're trying to play PL football on a L1 budget, and historically that never ends well. But at least now we look like a team. Chelsea was a free hit, and we lost. So what? 2 weeks ago they'd have put 5 or 6 past us. The improvement in performances and effort is night and day.

Back
Top Bottom