Bring back Hecky ASAP!

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

A few on here (myself included) wanted him gone after Newcastle at home and stated as such on here. I took the time to think about it for a couple of days after the result so that it wasn't just emotion talking on my behalf, but a few days later I was still coming to the same conclusion that the game was up for PH. Unfortunately the club didn't agree, and we wasted time we didn't have waiting for the inevitable and more insufferable hammerings and humiliation such as Burnley rocking in 5 against us without reply at Turf Moor. If we had done what should have been done after Newcastle (which should never ever happen to a Sheffield United team) we might have had time to turn it around. By being too loyal rather than being pragmatic and taking the obvious (if difficult) decision we have shot ourselves in the foot. For me, PH could have no complaints if the axe fell after the Newcastle debacle. Water under the bridge now, but that was the time to change manager this season.
Maybe CW was not immediately available

This sky article has a few stats before and after the change in manager. Our xg against since he came back is lower mid table compared to worst in the league.

I think the events surrounding the club on the wekend of the Newcastle game (which are well documented on here) may well have influenced the club's decision to not make any managerial changes at that time.

Tbf that is a good point.

Maybe the bullet to end it all should have been delayed for a few more weeks but either way it should still have come sooner that when it did.

When you are a died in the wool Blade (as are the family) and you are at the point where you are all basically just taking the piss out of our own club, and shaking your head in disbelief as Burnley knock in another, then you know it's got bad. When the frustration and anger just turns to comedy you know it's run well past the time to change things.

The stats are incredible how much we have improved when you put in there City and Liverpool in his first 10 games too.

Future looks positive.

Prince needs to accept he's made a mistake and bring Hecky back ASAP before he gets a job elsewhere. Wilder's still way out of his depth and it's only a matter of time before he sulks off out the back door again. We were in far better hands with Hecky & McCall!!
No we weren't.

No we weren't. The only positive of the season so far has been the removal of Heckingbottom, for me.
Yes we were.

4 points from safety when Hecky was sacked.

11 points from safety with Wilder.

#progress 🤨

Yes we were.

4 points from safety when Hecky was sacked.

11 points from safety with Wilder.

#progress 🤨
Ollie Nor-good playing every week and even making him captain - WTF.
Wanting to keep Sharp, Fleck, etc - WTF.
Pushing for contracts on old/aging players, that need moving on asap - WTF.

The sacking was just not about this season for me.

Personally I felt the backbone braking against Newcastle just wathing the game and I felt the team had it too.. I think it happened when there was accepted goal where the ball stayed on the pitch while hit attackers hand and let to scoring cross..

Hecky blew me away when he turned things so quickly after Slav and kept the thing going on until this season where his achilles was highlighted too well.. Hecky is unwilling to change things or almost anything and it did cost us points in Championship and games this season.. Playing same players, formations and even holding the subs was really frustrating at times..

I don't know would Wilder or anyone else done much better, but we might see it when we renew the team in the future..

When Hecky was sacked the reason was “performance not results”.

Not really seeing any justification for Wilder still being here apart from it’s stupid to change again now and tarnish another manager.

It will also give all those fans who got irate about Wilder “not having relegation on his CV” some form of closure, so we should keep him around for the inevitable.

We should get a different manager who isn’t Hecky or Wilder next season, maybe someone from outside of Sheffield and at a push outside of South Yorkshire.

Back
Top Bottom