Brian Clough v United

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

1973Blade

Reaction score
Looking at a few old programmes, I came across Brian Clough's programme notes for the game against us on February 1st 1992. I think it's fair to say that compared with the usual 'diplomatic' managers' notes that say little, Cloughie's were a bit different! He didn't get his wish to avoid an attack of the screaming hab dabs against us, we best them 5-2!

Attachments

• IMG_20210418_194752.jpg
    IMG_20210418_194752.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 115

A complete one-off, wasn't he.
Used to see him often walking past the indoor nets at Trent Bridge on his way to the squash courts, swinging his racket with the wooden press attached. Always looked really focused and as though he owned the place.
Spending so much of my life in Nottingham I remember how happy I was that day too when we won 2-5. Great memories.
utb

A complete one-off, wasn't he.
Used to see him often walking past the indoor nets at Trent Bridge on his way to the squash courts, swinging his racket with the wooden press attached. Always looked really focused and as though he owned the place.
Spending so much of my life in Nottingham I remember how happy I was that day too when we won 2-5. Great memories.
utb
...and John Gannon scored with his right foot on the volley !!!!

Back
Top Bottom