Brewster

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Still too slow to recognise a situation developing, to anticipate and therefore to read the game. However having been one of his biggest critics with zero confidence he will turn out to be of any use, credit where credit is due. There was a spark of something against Wolves. Hope he proves me wrong. I bear in mind that I once said Conor Cody wouldn’t make it as a player.

People saying he was magnificent against wolves are just ridiculous, prime Owen or Rooney are magnificent. Brewster had a game where he didn't look completely lost and that's it.

If we could get £2m for him in the summer we should take it

Always going to be to be injured and simply not good enough.

Not the worst player in the clubs history by a long way but in terms of value for money he's by far the worst signing we've ever made

Last edited:
People saying he was magnificent against wolves are just ridiculous, prime Owen or Rooney are magnificent. Brewster had a game where he didn't look completely lost and that's it.

Not the worst player in the clubs history by a long way but in terms of value for money he's by far the worst signing we've ever made
So the manager, the commentators, the majority of the fan base, however because you don't think so, I'll change my opinion

He looked lively and determined against Wolves, if not rusty. That's better than we've got otherwise. There's a scrap of something to build on there, alongside Archer and Diaz.

That's bollox but carry on

Still too slow to recognise a situation developing, to anticipate and therefore to read the game. However having been one of his biggest critics with zero confidence he will turn out to be of any use, credit where credit is due. There was a spark of something against Wolves. Hope he proves me wrong. I bear in mind that I once said Conor Cody wouldn’t make it as a player.
300 minutes this season its no wonder hes off match speed , he needs minutes and support
No one thought much of Ndiaye till he got more games Calvert Lewin only got better with more time at Everton

brewster
2021/22Championship14 games 3 goals
ndiaye 27 games 7 goals ,

similar strike rate , ndiaye got slightly better due to more games perhaps

Last edited:
That's bollox but carry on
Which bit is bollox??

He had an average game against wolves didn't score as usual, the only shot he had on target would have been saved by a competent Sunday league keeper. Archer would have probably scored a couple in that game had he been available

He's always injured and will get injured again... he's not good enough as he's proved with his goal return (4 in 69 games)

He's the worst value for money player we've ever signed... name one worse?

Which bit is bollox??

He had an average game against wolves didn't score as usual, the only shot he had on target would have been saved by a competent Sunday league keeper. Archer would have probably scored a couple in that game had he been available

He's always injured and will get injured again... he's not good enough as he's proved with his goal return (4 in 69 games)

He's the worst value for money player we've ever signed... name one worse?
Let me tell you something about the Titanic: people forget that on the Titanic’s maiden voyage there were over 1000 miles of uneventful, very pleasurable cruising before it hit the iceberg.”

300 minutes this season its no wonder hes off match speed , he needs minutes and support
No one thought much of Ndiaye till he got more games Calvert Lewin only got better with more time at Everton

brewster
2021/22Championship14 games3 goals
ndiaye 27 games 7 goals ,

similar strike rate , ndiaye got slightly better due to more games perhaps
The difference was that in that season Ndiaye came out of nowhere and looked like a first team player immediately, 2 goals on his debut and some impactful performances alongside MGW to get us from near the bottom to the play offs.

Please don’t even start trying to compare the impact and influence of Brewster that season with Ndiaye, it’s night and day.

I actually thought his anticipation for the chance in the second half was pretty good. Obviously it was a really difficult chance and angle but his run to get on the cross was pretty well timed

I actually thought his anticipation for the chance in the second half was pretty good. Obviously it was a really difficult chance and angle but his run to get on the cross was pretty well timed
I thought that’s where he got it wrong. He waited and waited and McAtee ran out of options. If he had made a run earlier either taking a man out of the way for Mcatee or an in and out and across his man to receive the ball then McAtee wouldn’t have had to put it in the tight space he did thus making it a difficult angle. But then again I’ve never played with McAtee so maybe Brewster had more of an idea of what he was doing than I would. We will see how he shapes up on Monday. If there’s still a glimmer of understanding he may yet be worth persisting with.

Does anyone know if the Tw@tter rumours are true?
Brewster out for season after hamstring injury in training?.

Does anyone know if the Tw@tter rumours are true?
Brewster out for season after hamstring injury in training?.

According to Alan Nixon, it is correct.

The club surely has to just consider paying up his contract now to get him off our books. I know it's over a year of wages but we are paying it anyway for him just to do nothing. Least we'd save on medical bills and show we are not putting up with carrying people. Is that harsh?

4 goals in 4 seasons. No Premier league goals. Always injured and had about 2 or 3 decent games in that entire spell.

An absolutely disastrous signing. 23 million pounds completely wasted.

Think he will probably pack up in the next few years too.

It wouldn't surprise me tbh but either way I can't see Arsenal quaking in their boots if Banjo legs is playing tbh.

The amount of injuries has been here for years now.

I fully expected the injuries to stop when Wilder come back but they have continued at the exact same rate.

We are either dreadfully unfit from a poor pre season or it’s the medical team or it is the training facilities.

The amount of injuries has been here for years now.

I fully expected the injuries to stop when Wilder come back but they have continued at the exact same rate.

We are either dreadfully unfit from a poor pre season or it’s the medical team or it is the training facilities.
The first team training pitch at shirecliffe is state of the art desso ,it's superb . unfortunately some people have dodgy hamstrings under full load ,Michel Owen was a example ,Brewster and Rnd were not involved in pre season .utb

According to Alan Nixon, it is correct.

The club surely has to just consider paying up his contract now to get him off our books. I know it's over a year of wages but we are paying it anyway for him just to do nothing. Least we'd save on medical bills and show we are not putting up with carrying people. Is that harsh?

4 goals in 4 seasons. No Premier league goals. Always injured and had about 2 or 3 decent games in that entire spell.

An absolutely disastrous signing. 23 million pounds completely wasted.

Think he will probably pack up in the next few years too.
Not sure telling one of the most popular players at the club that we couldn't be arsed with him any more would send the message to the rest of the players that you're thinking of.

Back
Top Bottom