Brewster

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Well I’d start by making football affordable. £25 max ticket prices, £10 a month sky sports subscription. I’d put more money back into grass roots football and pay women footballer better. I’d invest in facilities at the ground, improve the training centre and all aspects of the club. Anything left over give to charitable causes and for making the local area a nicer place to live. Surely that would be better than giving it to a 23 year old to buy another sports car or mansion with?

It'll never happen due to the government and league protecting the "best league in the world TM". A nice thought though.

It'll never happen due to the government and league protecting the "best league in the world TM". A nice thought though.
True. It’s also why we will never be consistently in the premier league. The only way you can compete is to have an owner who is a billionaire to pay these wages. The games gone.

Very sad to hear as we're all desperate for him to succeed. He's still got another year on contract so he'll be here until end of next season. I think it's harsh on the club to say this is their fault. He's clearly just prone to hamstring injuries, similar with RND. They're the only two who have suffered with hamstring injuries over long periods in last three years.

Reactions: 10p
I feel for the lad, and best of luck in his recovery but it again points to a wider issue around fitness and conditioning of our players.

JOC, career ending. RND, Brewster, Berge, McBurnie, Egan, Davies, Osborn, all months out with injuries.

I struggle to believe we’re looking at these situations as being concern free as a physio team.

As an aside, anyone blaming a player for either their price tag or injury record needs to step back and have a little think about themselves.

Look, we are as good as down, just waiting for the weekend where we have a big capital ‘R’ by the side of our club. This season has been a complete write off and we’re so far adrift that even a totally fit Brewster wouldn’t get us out of this mess, so there is no longer any pressure on the lad now to get fit quick. If he’s out for the season, that will give him plenty of time to repair, recover and build himself up and be ready for a good preseason. I’d be the first to admit he certainly hasn’t been value for money, but I certainly won’t give up on him yet and convinced he will come good especially at the level we will be playing next season. I’ve got every faith in him.

even a totally fit Brewster wouldn’t get us out of this mess,
We don’t even know that a totally fit Brewster would score more than a handful of goals in the Championship so he was never going to score enough to keep us in the PL with such poor players around him.

Look, we are as good as down, just waiting for the weekend where we have a big capital ‘R’ by the side of our club. This season has been a complete write off and we’re so far adrift that even a totally fit Brewster wouldn’t get us out of this mess, so there is no longer any pressure on the lad now to get fit quick. If he’s out for the season, that will give him plenty of time to repair, recover and build himself up and be ready for a good preseason. I’d be the first to admit he certainly hasn’t been value for money, but I certainly won’t give up on him yet and convinced he will come good especially at the level we will be playing next season. I’ve got every faith in him.
He's been handled with kid gloves since the second injury, he's absolutely done if it's gone pop after 1 not even full game...

I’m genuinely gutted for the lad and I was one of our fans that was desperate to see him succeed. But I don’t get the mindset that because we are playing (potentially) in the Championship next season that he will be injury free. Is he going to run at 75% speed or something ? I’m sure it doesn’t work like that. Unfortunately Rhian has hamstrings that don’t stand up to the strains of professional football, whatever level. I’m happy for someone to explain otherwise.

I feel for the lad, and best of luck in his recovery but it again points to a wider issue around fitness and conditioning of our players.

JOC, career ending. RND, Brewster, Berge, McBurnie, Egan, Davies, Osborn, all months out with injuries.

I struggle to believe we’re looking at these situations as being concern free as a physio team.

As an aside, anyone blaming a player for either their price tag or injury record needs to step back and have a little think about themselves.
Also BBD. Starting to look like it's a problem at our end.

Last edited:
I feel for Brewster.

I think the stick he gets is pretty harsh. He didn’t set his transfer fee and I’m sure it must be devastating as a professional footballer to watch more and more of your career slip by due to injuries.

On top of that, he actually seems to have a pretty good attitude. He could just sit around and pick up his wages but he always seems involved on the sidelines and invested in how the team is doing. When he does get on the pitch, you can’t question the effort he shows, even if the quality isn’t always there.

Sadly though, I do doubt if we’ll ever see him fully fit at this point.

We don’t even know that a totally fit Brewster would score more than a handful of goals in the Championship so he was never going to score enough to keep us in the PL with such poor players around him.
We do though.
People said the same about McBurnie, yet as soon as he stays fit for most of the season, like last year, he knocks in double figures.

Footballers thrive off confidence, especially strikers. Games bring sharpness. Sharpness brings goals. Goals bring confidence.

Brewster got 11 in 22 for Swansea playing regularly

We do though.
People said the same about McBurnie, yet as soon as he stays fit for most of the season, like last year, he knocks in double figures.

Footballers thrive off confidence, especially strikers. Games bring sharpness. Sharpness brings goals. Goals bring confidence.

McBurnie has shown a lot more than Brewster in a Blades shirt though.

I really don’t think you can count a purple patch during a loan spell as a young kid as proof that he’s capable of scoring goals in the Championship 4 years later. He’s done nothing in the meantime to suggest it’s possible.

We do though.

I'm not so sure, Brewster has looked truly clueless in most of his of games for us. Sharp whose legs had gone was far more effective at making space and getting on the end of things. Brewster seemed like he didn't have a clue how to make the right runs for us, always seemed nowhere the ball when chances were created

Back
Top Bottom