brayford , exit stage right

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Ah, the circle of life. .....

He came to Clough on loan at SUFC to get away from a situation where he felt unwanted & became a hero. Now he will leave SUFC where he is unwanted to join Clough on loan. No doubt he will become a hero back at the club where he started.

I wonder if Burton will be desperate to sign him on a permanent next season. I wonder whether he will be tweeting Burton supporters 'I needed you more than you needed me' in May?

Good luck John (if true). Shame things worked out as they did but you cost us a bomb and just haven't lived up to the price tag.

We'd have to disagree. He's worth nothing in my book. He looks like a very poor footballer on very large wages, and for once we should be happy that idiots like Clough exist, if the rumour is true.

Despite your ( and often my) cynicism, we have to accept that there's only one pot if money in the end, and huge wages going in one direction must impact on money going in another.

We've just signed s keeper for £500k- surely that counts?

UTB
I think that may explain his form to an extent. I think we've been having the same argument with Burton; we wanted a fee, they didn't want to pay one and knew exactly how much Brayford is on and guessed we wanted him off he wage bill. I suspect he was aware of all this and it affected him.

I think that may explain his form to an extent. I think we've been having the same argument with Burton; we wanted a fee, they didn't want to pay one and knew exactly how much Brayford is on and guessed we wanted him off he wage bill. I suspect he was aware of all this and it affected him.

BushBlade if you and I and many others can see this, why can't the manager?

Unless it's us that are wide of the mark?

Not good is it?

We'd have to disagree. He's worth nothing in my book. He looks like a very poor footballer on very large wages, and for once we should be happy that idiots like Clough exist, if the rumour is true.

Despite your ( and often my) cynicism, we have to accept that there's only one pot if money in the end, and huge wages going in one direction must impact on money going in another.

We've just signed s keeper for £500k- surely that counts?

UTB

A cynical view is that he's playing to get away...

Personally, I would try to get benefit by making them take Coutts as well.

BushBlade if you and I and many others can see this, why can't the manager?

Unless it's us that are wide of the mark?

Not good is it?
He probably could but felt a disheartened Brayford was no worse than Freeman and wanted to send a message to Clough and Burton that he's a first team player and we're not desperate to get rid. And prove he's back to fitness.
Apparently he's also got bruised ribs but wanted to play and CW wants all the players to have that kind of attitude.
If the deal couldn't be done then we're stuck with Brayford for the foreseeable so Wilder didn't want to burn his bridges by dropping him when he's keen to play.

Totally gutted if true, I've supported the blades through these bad times while my hubby sits there saying how crap we are i can always find a positive but if this is right i really don't care what we do anymore. We just seem happy to hound players out rather than support them. Our fan base has changed and I don't like what I see. We deserve to be where we are

With the huge new TV deal in the Prem and the trickle down into the Championship, United have every right to ask Clough and Burton for exactly what we paid for him if not more.

We are living in an age where average footballers in the top 2 divisions are going for stupid amounts, lets take advantage.

Meh, he needs more than a beard and tattoos to become a good player.

a disheartened Brayford was no worse than Freeman

let that be the only time this season, if an unhappy player is chosen ahead of one who simply isn't good enough.

If Brayford has been wanting a move out, with BAFC his likely destination, I expect him/Clough to have been chatting away until the small hours on what's the best outcome for Burton Albion, Nigel Clough & John Brayford, whilst givin' United the Big Fuck Off message.

Amazing how many of our fans seem to totally disregard his performances for the last 18 months when talking about his value and his worth to us. Even saw one on Twitter say we should ask for £2.5m for him!

beard.
tattoos.
former twitter user.
all round hipster..

as for the football, looks disinterested in United.

Totally gutted if true, I've supported the blades through these bad times while my hubby sits there saying how crap we are i can always find a positive but if this is right i really don't care what we do anymore. We just seem happy to hound players out rather than support them. Our fan base has changed and I don't like what I see. We deserve to be where we are

Hound out? Do me a favour.

beard.
tattoos.
former twitter user.
all round hipster..

as for the football, looks disinterested in United.

...maybe Wilder kicking him off Twitter was the final straw...

With the huge new TV deal in the Prem and the trickle down into the Championship, United have every right to ask Clough and Burton for exactly what we paid for him if not more.

We are living in an age where average footballers in the top 2 divisions are going for stupid amounts, lets take advantage.
We are still in an age where shite footballers that are earning top money go for free.

Amazing how many of our fans seem to totally disregard his performances for the last 18 months when talking about his value and his worth to us. Even saw one on Twitter say we should ask for £2.5m for him!

Yet Liverpool are about to received close to £30M for Benteke.

If he only 'responds' to Clough in the same way he did when he first signed permanently, I think Daddy Nigel might stop loving him so much.

He wasn't that bad. He had a couple of indifferent games at right back then moved to CB out of necessity where he did a decent job (but not the one we brought him in to do).

He wasn't that bad. He had a couple of indifferent games at right back then moved to CB out of necessity where he did a decent job (but not the one we brought him in to do).
No, it was just that we expected him to be the Brayford we had on loan, who was immense at times. He never quite recaptured that.

No, it was just that we expected him to be the Brayford we had on loan, who was immense at times. He never quite recaptured that.

Agreed. Though the same can be said of a few players who were on fire during that period. Murphy was close. Flynn, Doyle, Howard, Collins, Harris never got near the form during that period ever again.

Back
Top Bottom