brayford , exit stage right

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Brayford's a sick note and that's why Wilder wants rid.

That is all.

That is all.
He may well be a sick note, but he is our sick note. Injured while playing for us and still contracted to us. Until that changes, there is no need for vitriol. He has done a good job for us in the past and kept Freeman out of the team (a player I really like, is Freeman). He deserves our support until he either shows CW/AK that he is fit enough to play how we play or, more likely, moves on. Don't forget, if he doesn't play and doesn't move, we still are contracted to pay him.

I don't understand how negotiations can breakdown with Burton of they really did want him.
Obviously we would like a return on the massive price we paid for him but at this stage I thought we'd except any realistic figure just to get him off the wages.
Clough and Burton know his worth so unless they are really trying to take the piss with their offer then I thought this would be wrapped up by now.

He may well be a sick note, but he is our sick note. Injured while playing for us and still contracted to us. Until that changes, there is no need for vitriol. He has done a good job for us in the past and kept Freeman out of the team (a player I really like, is Freeman). He deserves our support until he either shows CW/AK that he is fit enough to play how we play or, more likely, moves on. Don't forget, if he doesn't play and doesn't move, we still are contracted to pay him.
In what way have I demonstrated any vitriol? I merely stated the reason why he is not in Wilder's plans. Some of you guys seem to get really touchy about Brayford it's almost cringeworthy.

I feel that he is an asset to be used as part of our CB three. Whether starting or as cover.

If we know he is not moving on for good he should be getting some 1st team game time in friendlies

The title of this thread is about Brayford's exit and It says, "confirmed". What's confirmed exactly?

That is all.

Bit unfair that.
He played 33 times for Burton last season.
More than Lavery, Clarke and Wright did for us.
Brayford is just about the one player we have that we know is Championship quality.

If it's wages then fine, but to call him sick note.

In summary, there is a large contingent of our support that would do very well to have a long, constructive and judgemental look in the mirror !

UTB

There isn't a mirror in the whole universes that's big enough for them all to look in it at the same time

Anyway, can you imagine the size of the queue? :D

Queue.jpg

My belief is that he's one of them players that thinks he's the best in the team, when he came to us first and second time round that could have very well been the case, when he went to Burton again I could understand how he could have been put in the limelight in that way. But Wilder doesn't go for that type of team ethos, it's a team spirit where everyone looks out for each other and nobody gets put on a pedestal.

Burton have either found this out or can't afford him anymore. We'll be waiting for someone to come in, knowing that if we need him he's there, he can't go round as billy big bollox because he's not even second choice and the board aren't willing to pay him off knowing we can either use him or sell him.

Even though I've stated what I have above, I still think he could end up being another Coutts or Freeman because Wilder will always give a player a chance as proven.

Do you think that the sale of Brayford would accelerate the signing of others though? This is something I've wondered about - there's Brayford, who probably has a market value of £750k and Done (who's market value is...? £250k?) and we seemingly want both of them out of the door. That's £1M tied up there that could be put to use in the transfer market.

Maybe Wilder's been told to move those two out before he brings any more in?

Do you think that the sale of Brayford would accelerate the signing of others though? This is something I've wondered about - there's Brayford, who probably has a market value of £750k and Done (who's market value is...? £250k?) and we seemingly want both of them out of the door. That's £1M tied up there that could be put to use in the transfer market.

Maybe Wilder's been told to move those two out before he brings any more in?

Because of injury issues I doubt Brayford has a value of anywhere near £750k. I don't believe he's asked for a transfer so I suspect we'd owe him money contractually. Moving those two on for nothing and no pay offs would probably be our best scenario. At least it would keep wages down.

I highly doubt we will recoup anything like the sum of money people hope we will for Brayford.

In fact, I suspect if somebody came in and offered to take on his contract then we would snap their hand off and let him go for free. His stock has fallen so much in the last 4 years. At Derby he was regarded as one of the best full backs in the Championship, and then last season he was on loan at struggling Burton playing at centre half.

I just don't think there are any clubs in the Championship who would take a risk on him for the likely contract he would want with his recent injury record. Burton is the only destination I can see him ending up at, probably on another loan for the season. I just hope they contribute a significant amount to his wages.

The fact that Burton are even interested in him puts to bed all the stupid rumours that he's crocked/knees gone etc. He got his initial injury playing for us and up until that point he was our best player by a mile. I've met the guy, and as a few others will testify, he is is the most unassuming modest person you would wish to meet. All these infantile comments about him only playing for uncle Nigel and being a billy big bollocks are bullshit and don't do us the supporters, or the club, any favours whatsoever.

The fact that Burton are even interested in him puts to bed all the stupid rumours that he's crocked/knees gone etc. He got his initial injury playing for us and up until that point he was our best player by a mile. I've met the guy, and as a few others will testify, he is is the most unassuming modest person you would wish to meet. All these infantile comments about him only playing for uncle Nigel and being a billy big bollocks are bullshit and don't do us the supporters, or the club, any favours whatsoever.

I think there is, currently at least, an issue with injuries and the point being made is that a big fee and big wages again are unlikely as things stand.

It makes a change though, opinions on his fitness and value rather than people criticising him for their perceived Daddy Clough link, the fee paid or guessing at his personality. Can't slate Clough for Coutts etc so let's use Brayford to knock him.

Personally, I think his knees are gone to play the marauding full-back role he used to, but I think he's still ok as CB. Whether he'd get into our side as CB is another question - and his wages would hardly lend themselves to a squad filler.
Summary - probably best we get shut.

No, it doesn't. Clough signs players when they're injured. He did it with Coutts, Wallace with us and Barker at Burton.

Nothing against Brayford, it's a shame it hasn't worked out but at least we have some good memories of him, unlike some of the other wastes of space we've had over the past few years.

I think there is, currently at least, an issue with injuries and the point being made is that a big fee and big wages again are unlikely as things stand.

It makes a change though, opinions on his fitness and value rather than people criticising him for their perceived Daddy Clough link, the fee paid or guessing at his personality. Can't slate Clough for Coutts etc so let's use Brayford to knock him.
Well put ST, I agree with your argument; this is one of the few remaining ways for the anti-Clough brigade to spout their vitriol, which in itself is embarrassing given where we are now. I will always remember Brayford at his rampaging best at the Fulham cup game at Craven Cottage, where he didn't stop for 120 minutes. At the end of the match he collapsed to the ground through sheer exhaustion and he had won my respect. Fast forward to QPR away in the cup when he wasn't even a United player but supported us. He is a decent man and I agree with snootyfenooty's assessment and as others have said his injuries stemmed from playing on for us when he shouldn't have done. Good luck to him in the future, wherever that may be (excluding SWFC).

No, it doesn't. Clough signs players when they're injured. He did it with Coutts, Wallace with us and Barker at Burton.

Nothing against Brayford, it's a shame it hasn't worked out but at least we have some good memories of him, unlike some of the other wastes of space we've had over the past few years.

Coutts is worth a lot more now than when Clough signed him and is now an integral part of the team. Wallace was a gamble, which had it paid off, would have left us with a £5m+ player on our hands. In the grand scheme of things he cost us relatively little so maybe a gamble worth taking? Yes, Barker was a dud but I seem to remember more than a few on here advocating him as a signing for us. Your point about Brayford is valid and is the main thing which pisses me off - why is all the bile being directed at him together with all the idiotic insinuations about his character?

Coutts is worth a lot more now than when Clough signed him and is now an integral part of the team. Wallace was a gamble, which had it paid off, would have left us with a £5m+ player on our hands. In the grand scheme of things he cost us relatively little so maybe a gamble worth taking? Yes, Barker was a dud but I seem to remember more than a few on here advocating him as a signing for us. Your point about Brayford is valid and is the main thing which pisses me off - why is all the bile being directed at him together with all the idiotic insinuations about his character?
In some cases it's because the posters are quite young, and say things that are brash due to the confidence of youth. In other cases I can only assume it's because the posters are a bit simple or they're just spiteful cunts.

In some cases it's because the posters are quite young, and say things that are brash due to the confidence of youth. In other cases I can only assume it's because the posters are a bit simple or they're just spiteful cunts.
In other cases, it's when posters have made a claim in the past about him costing too much for L1 and are lauding his injury as a twisted example of proof.

That said, there's not actually much in the way of spite in the 400+ posts in this thread. A touch of callousness here and there, maybe.

Often totalling nearly 400,000 ?
Can any one make sense of that
IM in bed with the flu and it's bending my head trying to translate it into English

I will always remember Brayford at his rampaging best at the Fulham cup game at Craven Cottage, where he didn't stop for 120 minutes. At the end of the match he collapsed to the ground through sheer exhaustion and he had won my respect. Fast forward to QPR away in the cup when he wasn't even a United player but supported us. He is a decent man and I agree with snootyfenooty's assessment and as others have said his injuries stemmed from playing on for us when he shouldn't have done. Good luck to him in the future, wherever that may be (excluding SWFC).

Hear, hear. When you consider the pay-offs to Hammond and Adkins (now that was a 'love child' relationship) think not of how much Brayford cost in terms of fee and wages (and JB had no say in either), but of the memories and value he brought. The clincher in the Charlton QF on 9/3/2014 that put us in the SF against Hull and a 71,820 crowd and the revenue it brought in will live for ever. I doubt if there would be as much bile if JB had suffered a career-ending injury instead of going on to Burton.

Whatever happens to JB, good luck and thank for the memories.

Back
Top Bottom