brayford , exit stage right

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Often totalling nearly 400,000 ?
Can any one make sense of that
IM in bed with the flu and it's bending my head trying to translate it into English
Paying off the remaining years of the contract plus bonus' or suplimenting their contract if they move.
Us having to cover a 5k/week contract over 2 remaining years and you're well on your way.

Personally I'd love to see Brayford get his head down and force his way through as Coutts and others did last year. He'd certainly be in and around the team just on ability, we are short if we're playing a back three, he's comfortable stepping out a starting attacks from the back, the only question is his fitness.
The way some on here turn on players just because they've decided they no longer fit makes a mockery of the old boring line around fans being the only loyal aspects in the game.
He has a contract which we were happy to offer, if we offered too much or for too long that isn't his problem and I can't recall a single negative voice when he was signed. If he is injured then that's our problem to work through it's not for him to take the hit on our behalf, after all we're still wanting a fee.
It's sounds like he's doing all the right things and not causing any problems so I'm not sure what more some of you are expecting from him.

Paying off the remaining years of the contract plus bonus' or suplimenting their contract if they move.
Us having to cover a 5k/week contract over 2 remaining years and you're well on your way.

Personally I'd love to see Brayford get his head down and force his way through as Coutts and others did last year. He'd certainly be in and around the team just on ability, we are short if we're playing a back three, he's comfortable stepping out a starting attacks from the back, the only question is his fitness.
The way some on here turn on players just because they've decided they no longer fit makes a mockery of the old boring line around fans being the only loyal aspects in the game.
He has a contract which we were happy to offer, if we offered too much or for too long that isn't his problem and I can't recall a single negative voice when he was signed. If he is injured then that's our problem to work through it's not for him to take the hit on our behalf, after all we're still wanting a fee.
It's sounds like he's doing all the right things and not causing any problems so I'm not sure what more some of you are expecting from him.
I think brayford will force his way in .play well and then be sold
The frustrating thing is that it seems he is being blocked from getting in the team because we can't afford him .which is sad as it doesn't bode well for the kind of signings we can attract if this is how we treat someone just because they are on a good wage

I don't understand how negotiations can breakdown with Burton of they really did want him.
Obviously we would like a return on the massive price we paid for him but at this stage I thought we'd except any realistic figure just to get him off the wages.
Clough and Burton know his worth so unless they are really trying to take the piss with their offer then I thought this would be wrapped up by now.

Brayford refusing to take a wage cut to go to Burton is more likely the stumbling block.

Come off it, there were loads of negative voices when he signed, largely due to the cost and where we would have been better off spending the money. And i'd argue that they were proved right.

I usually know what I think - but the situation with the Beard has got me stuck.

Bray is currently fit, in decent form and a quality RCB - with a good partnership with Freeman to boot. We are one short at CB and he has the right attitude and would always do a good job.

He is contracted for a year, probably for approaching a million with the promotion increase - making him our most expensive player. However good our morale is, having somebody out of step with the wage structure isn't good for the dressing room.

Tufty is steadily building a squad for now and for the future, and getting a back 3 with JOC and Lenihan in, with Semple and Brown coming through, starts to provide us with sustainable continuity.

Bray's approaching 30, and his injury record probably stops him attracting any sort of decent fee, certainly in combination with his high salary.

My guess is that if we get Lenihan in at CB then Bray will go back to Burton on loan with us covering some of his salary - better than giving him away and still paying some of his salary because at least we could recall him if needed, and we could stop him from playing against us.

If we don't get another CB, then I reckon he'll be here until January while we continue to pursue other options.

Me, I'd like him to stay - offer him a 2 year contract at half his current salary, which should fit him back into the wage structure and make him a bit easier to sell in 12 months while still guaranteeing him that total if his injury reoccurs. But what do I know - he may have some very expensive hobbies!!

Anyway, Fear The Beard - he gave us some Magic

I think brayford will force his way in .play well and then be sold
The frustrating thing is that it seems he is being blocked from getting in the team because we can't afford him .which is sad as it doesn't bode well for the kind of signings we can attract if this is how we treat someone just because they are on a good wage

The thing is, our top three earners are probably Brayford, Billy and Coutts but I bet their combined salaries don't add up to what Rhodes is earning. And Rhodes is only one of many in that stupid fucking team who's on that kind of money. And the pigs are only one of many in this league who are playing the same salary game. If Brayford's salary is a stumbling block then I can only suggest that we've got no serious aspirations of getting out of this league (in an upward direction that is).

The thing is, our top three earners are probably Brayford, Billy and Coutts but I bet their combined salaries don't add up to what Rhodes is earning. And Rhodes is only one of many in that stupid fucking team who's on that kind of money. And the pigs are only one of many in this league who are playing the same salary game. If Brayford's salary is a stumbling block then I can only suggest that we've got no serious aspirations of getting out of this league (in an upward direction that is).
That's sort of what I was getting at .without wanting to sound like I'm having a pop at the board but it seems to me the only reason we have a player of brayford undoubted quality at this level is because we bought him before we realised we couldn't afford him and we won't be looking to bring anyone of that calibre in (this season at least anyway )

Come off it, there were loads of negative voices when he signed, largely due to the cost and where we would have been better off spending the money. And i'd argue that they were proved right.
Genuinely can't remember them. I thought there was a general excitement that the Prince was backing us in the transfer market.

In what way have I demonstrated any vitriol? I merely stated the reason why he is not in Wilder's plans. Some of you guys seem to get really touchy about Brayford it's almost cringeworthy.
Your comment is duly noted. I am sure that if Brayford was fit and playing to his best you would be extolling his virtues and stating that there is no way that CW should be looking to unload him. Personally, I think that just because he is injured and on a high wage that we as a club agreed for him, it is no reason to want rid of him. If he is disruptive in the changing room and acting in an unprofessional manner that is causing disharmony within the team he should be made to go. If, however, as I believe, he is acting pofessionally, training hard, trying to prove his fitness and worthiness to regain a place within the team, playing the way that the team (CW/AK) require AND is showing signs of regaining the form that mde him so, so valuable to us earlier in his United career, we (CW/AK) should consider whether he is worth hanging on to. A replacement of his experience and skill will not be cheap and, as we have already forked out for Brayford, he may well be worth a rethink. Perhaps it is in CW/AK's plans to try and have the same effect that they had with Coutts and Freeman. That worked well.

As for the Vitriol, the comment was not pointed at you specifically but at some of our fans who seem to have forgotten how important he was for us. Such comments as intimating they think he is a c#nt! Why that would be, I don't know but scroll back up and you will see the comment which quite frankly, I don't think Brayford deserves. P'raps I should have answered both statements independantly but didn't. My bad.

UTB

Watching the video from last night and he certainly catches the eye

Don't know where Brown came from - I meant Sam Graham, Bomber Junior.

Actually, I had a mate at school nicknamed Bomber Brown after the West Brom guy, maybe that's where the fading grey cells were drifting!!
Thought you meant Reece Brown! ;)

Someone needs to sort the man bun. Come on Bray, you are better than that.

That's sort of what I was getting at .without wanting to sound like I'm having a pop at the board but it seems to me the only reason we have a player of brayford undoubted quality at this level is because we bought him before we realised we couldn't afford him and we won't be looking to bring anyone of that calibre in (this season at least anyway )
I do agree with the wage angle, and if the club are serious about taking steps forward and looking for a promotion in the future then we need to up our game.

With Brayford I think it boils down to Wilder not rating him very highly and thinking he has better options in Freeman and Baldock.

Brayford has to regain the trust of Wilder as he sold us down the river in those two home games last season ( Roch dale & Anything ) he was playing for away and his performances were pathetic .
We're got rid straight away as he was a bad egg at the time.It will not be easy for him to show Wilder he wants to play for us.
I was a Brayford fan.
but I find it difficult to forgive his attitude in those two games,I think our manager does too.

Brayford has to regain the trust of Wilder as he sold us down the river in those two home games last season ( Roch dale & Anything ) he was playing for away and his performances were pathetic .
We're got rid straight away as he was a bad egg at the time.It will not be easy for him to show Wilder he wants to play for us.
I was a Brayford fan.
but I find it difficult to forgive his attitude in those two games,I think our manager does too.
Anything is supposed to be Soothed sorry

You must have been watching different games to me, but hey its all about opinions
So you don't think Brayford was playing for away against Rochdale&Southend ,he played like a school boy !,I think Clough had tapped him up.
Clough got a season out of him, now it's about money it seems he won't play ball.

Back
Top Bottom