Incoming? Brandon Williams

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Unless Ampadu is going back, both cant happen.
Both can't happen anyway because they're both Man Utd players. Williams is a little shit house, would fit in well here but probably as a champ loan rather than what we need right now in defence. Think he scored his only senior goal against us at the lane 😆.

Sunday People reckons we are after Rojo and Swift

Sun says Ben Davies, but he's reluctant to come because if we go down his Prem League salary drops to Championship salary and he's on more at Preston

Understandable our wage structure would put alot of players off

Sun says Ben Davies, but he's reluctant to come because if we go down his Prem League salary drops to Championship salary and he's on more at Preston
If we can’t better PNE’s salaries if (when) we drop to the Championship we might as well pack it in.

Did he win one challenge?
Did he beat one player?
Did he put in one cross?
Let alone a decent cross?
Did he have any support from his right sided centre half?
Did he have any support from his right sided central midfielder?
Did any of the forwards give him any options?

if thats true about ben davies our board should hang their heads in shame if poxy preston north end with gates of 11k can pay bigger salaries than us

Not exactly sure why we’d have interest in Williams, unless there are planned outgoings in the full/wing back position.

We are well covered in that position, 4 decent options l, especially in the Championship.

Did he have any support from his right sided centre half?
Did he have any support from his right sided central midfielder?
Did any of the forwards give him any options?
No one puts a decent cross in as the system has 5 interchanging on the wing, so the one striker in the middle not only does he have 3 defenders to beat but he doesn't know who, where or when the cross is coming from. The weakness of the overloading wing tactic is you lose the balance of the team and we dont score goals. Even the last iconic season relegated Bournemouth scored more. All this hysteria that all our team want sacking is missing the point that its the system that has been sussed and the tactic or the coach has to change.

It's potentially a good option for next season as a season long loan with RND competing for that spot.
Stevens has run his race and can do one based on his performances over the past few months.

I'd bung Osborn in midfield as a Monty type, chase after the ball win it and give it to someone with some quality (quality player TBC!)

It's potentially a good option for next season as a season long loan with RND competing for that spot.
Stevens has run his race and can do one based on his performances over the past few months.

I'd bung Osborn in midfield as a Monty type, chase after the ball win it and give it to someone with some quality (quality player TBC!)
Osborn win the ball without fouling,nice thought but cant see him doing that.

The only player i can think of that might be available and affordable to do a Monty role is Mo Besic.

Osborn win the ball without fouling,nice thought but cant see him doing that.

The only player i can think of that might be available and affordable to do a Monty role is Mo Besic.
no me neither for me ben osborn is a lwb and dont think hes good enough for a midfield spot in the championship we need better wasnt the reason we didnt go back for besic his 50k a week salary ? its the same old story im afraid

If we can’t better PNE’s salaries if (when) we drop to the Championship we might as well pack it in.
if thats true about ben davies our board should hang their heads in shame if poxy preston north end with gates of 11k can pay bigger salaries than us
What would be Preston's highest earning player earning a little bit less than a backup to Jack O'Connell. Why's that bad from us?

That is because on today’s showing Bogle is as bad as Lowe
Not like me to be critical of Wilder, but they bring nothing to the table
Lowe not required as he prefers Osborn as LWB cover and the money for both should have been spent on a creative midfield player
The recruitment money as been spent on shite.

That is because on today’s showing Bogle is as bad as Lowe
Not like me to be critical of Wilder, but they bring nothing to the table
Lowe not required as he prefers Osborn as LWB cover and the money for both should have been spent on a creative midfield player
For all those screaming for Bogle before today after being won over by his cameo vs Brighton, Palace don't score that first goal if Baldock, who is an excellent defender, is in the team. No need for Egan to be pulled so wide because Baldock would have been there.

Very easy to slag off the manager but plenty on here were pushing for Bogle to get in the team. Are they on here saying "I fucked up"? No, because fans don't have to take accountability for suggestions on internet forums.

A few of us have been suggesting Ampadu steps in and Basham moves to midfield. Myself included. I'll admit "I fucked up" because I didn't realise quite what a wet lettuce Ampadu would be in the tackle.

He's a 19 year old lad who is probably a decent all-rounder but for us, it would be better to have someone who isn't an all rounder but has at least one outstanding quality. Someone who is an aggressive shithouse or genuine midfielder would have been far better rather than jack of all trades, master of none.

For all those screaming for Bogle before today after being won over by his cameo vs Brighton, Palace don't score that first goal if Baldock, who is an excellent defender, is in the team. No need for Egan to be pulled so wide because Baldock would have been there.

Very easy to slag off the manager but plenty on here were pushing for Bogle to get in the team. Are they on here saying "I fucked up"? No, because fans don't have to take accountability for suggestions on internet forums.

A few of us have been suggesting Ampadu steps in and Basham moves to midfield. Myself included. I'll admit "I fucked up" because I didn't realise quite what a wet lettuce Ampadu would be in the tackle.

He's a 19 year old lad who is probably a decent all-rounder but for us, it would be better to have someone who isn't an all rounder but has at least one outstanding quality. Someone who is an aggressive shithouse or genuine midfielder would have been far better rather than jack of all trades, master of none.
And Bashams shite in midfield don’t forget! ... you forgot that part! 😉

He did have his "Basham's arriving" moment from midfield though, you have to give him that. Even though it looked like he slipped!

I particularly liked the moment Bash chested the ball out for a goal kick when it was easier to head it straight back across the 6-yard box into the danger area.....bravo.👏👏

But why overpay for a player who'll only be first choice until the summer
personally i wouldnt bring any loans in unless their part of our plans for next season in the championship if not leave it while summer when their will be a wider choice know it sounds defeatist on this season but were almost certainly not going to get out of this now

Yes we should be strengthening now and trying to freshen things up with 3 incoming imo. They should however all be players brought in with the mindset that they are being brought in to try and win promotion for us and get back out of the championship again next season.

Forget expensive loans for this season, I. E. expensive wages on Man Utd reserves who don't give a shit about us as they know they won't be here from May. Bringing in loans was a perfectly good and rational decision if we were still in there chucking grenades and trying to fight out way of this mess. However that point has now gone and there is no way back for us this season. Draw a line, try and compete this season to make it respectable, and use the extra time that we now have over others (by knowing where we will be next season) to bring in players now to get ready for a top end championship push next season.

I've already mentioned it on another thread, but top end championship players and the cream of league 1 should be where we are looking at now (with maybe a foreign player or 2).

Yes we should be strengthening now and trying to freshen things up with 3 incoming imo. They should however all be players brought in with the mindset that they are being brought in to try and win promotion for us and get back out of the championship again next season.

Forget expensive loans for this season, I. E. expensive wages on Man Utd reserves who don't give a shit about us as they know they won't be here from May. Bringing in loans was a perfectly good and rational decision if we were still in there chucking grenades and trying to fight out way of this mess. However that point has now gone and there is no way back for us this season. Draw a line, try and compete this season to make it respectable, and use the extra time that we now have over others (by knowing where we will be next season) to bring in players now to get ready for a top end championship push next season.

I've already mentioned it on another thread, but top end championship players and the cream of league 1 should be where we are looking at now (with maybe a foreign player or 2).
agree 100% might help if we tried playing a different system were making it far too easy for teams playing us get an early goal and sit on it they know were not gonna score

I was one of them but don't think I said replace Baldock. He could and should have been in the same position and system as that at Brighton albeit with 11 on the pitch. To bring him on and develop him with the experience of Baldock. Rather that than not getting any minutes on the pitch then all of a sudden a start replacing Baldock.
I don't know why on here everything goes from one extreme to another and then all out mud slinging ensues.
He isn't going to develop sat at home every game like he had been doing and he isn't going to develop sat on the bench and he isn't going to win the game single handed after a 20 minutes cameo

I was one of them but don't think I said replace Baldock. He could and should have been in the same position and system as that at Brighton albeit with 11 on the pitch. To bring him on and develop him with the experience of Baldock. Rather that than not getting any minutes on the pitch then all of a sudden a start replacing Baldock.
I don't know why on here everything goes from one extreme to another and then all out mud slinging ensues.
He isn't going to develop sat at home every game like he had been doing and he isn't going to develop sat on the bench and he isn't going to win the game single handed after a 20 minutes cameo
it would help if we had any sort of midfield im a big fan of chris but not strengthening midfield and sticking to a system that isnt working are his two main failings this season

it would help if we had any sort of midfield im a big fan of chris but not strengthening midfield and sticking to a system that isnt working are his two main failings this season
We are literally a spineless team and needed someone like Besic in the middle. Don't think he did anything wrong last season and was actually getting better in the few games he played before Berge arrived

We are literally a spineless team and needed someone like Besic in the middle. Don't think he did anything wrong last season and was actually getting better in the few games he played before Berge arrived
even in the championship were going to need more pace physicality and athleticism in midfield norwood and fleck dont give us that and berge and lundstrum will be away on their toes so can see us having a completely new midfield next season

Made available by Man Utd for a small fee as he's got a year left.

Only 22 still, PL experience, possible future resale (loved on here) and can play both full back positions.

Back
Top Bottom