Boro bid 2m for SQuinny!

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I reckon £2m is great money for Squinny!

Where've you heard this BB?

£2million would be a good deal and he did have a good game against them so i wouldn't see it being to unrealistic.

its on BBC gossip section, its from the sun so could be a load of cobblers

Middlesbrough are set to bid £2m for Sheffield United midfielder Stephen Quinn. (The Sun)

I like Squinny to be honest and i wouldnt sell him unless we had someone at left wing coming in to replace him (Martin, Hoolahan, Croft)

Financial Times................thats the one i read.:D
Hmm... if you did, then you'd know delisting from AIM wouldn't mean too much bad news for minor shareholders - quite the opposite in fact.

I bet your newsagent is well confused! "Can I order The Sun and The FT, please? A copy of Cosmopolitan and Razzle to go with that also." :D:D

Hmm... if you did, then you'd know delisting from AIM wouldn't mean too much bad news for minor shareholders - quite the opposite in fact.

Did i say it was bad news?

However your wrong it could be bad news for minor shareholders just to soon to call.:D

id rather keep him. Why sell players from a squad that was doing well?

I was thinking that.

A Blade at work said "Boro bidded 2million for Squinny aparrently, i'd snap their hands off".

But I thought we wanted to go for promotion, not cut the team down and lose the players that played a vital part in that push at the end of the season.

Sod the 2million, keep Squinny

Hmm.. I often thought he was a bit of a weak link but was impressed with him in the Premiership. Maybe needs another season to see if he's gonna develop but for £2m?...

Hmm.. I often thought he was a bit of a weak link but was impressed with him in the Premiership. Maybe needs another season to see if he's gonna develop but for £2m?...

I always thought he thought he was better than what he is. But He has really grown on me and I think he should be a in the first team.

I'm with you on this one TA, he was the weak link in the team for me and often looked out of his depth for us.

2m?

If they are going to offer 2 million, i'll drive him there myself. We have Dave Carney too who is a better player IMO.
But I would not accept anythin less than 1.5m, on saying that he isnt proven at premiership level.

If they are going to offer 2 million, i'll drive him there myself. We have Dave Carney too who is a better player IMO.
But I would not accept anythin less than 1.5m, on saying that he isnt proven at premiership level.

Carney and quinny are two different sort of players.

What I meant was that I was more impressed by him in the Premiership. Back in the Champ, he didn't seem to be up to much.

£2m is a heck of a lot of money - and I would imagine getting £2m for Stephen Quinn would be completely unpredicted in Blackwell's 08/09 budget.

I guess the question we have to ask ourselves is that prior to this rumour would any of us have valued him at £2m? :confused:

Id have valued him at around 1M.
TBH midfield is our weakest link & we need to keep our better midfield players.
I thought he did ok when he played alongside Speed?
Id rather sell Tonge than Quinn TBH!

That's the keyword. Was the weak link.

I thought he was the weak link right up until the end of the season to be honest mate, looked weak and his passing was poor alot of the time.

If the rumours are true that Halmosi is joining I'd be happy for Quinn to leave for £2m, I wouldn't begrudge him staying but I think for £2m with Halmosi supposedly joining it's too good to turn down.

we should keep the lad, he will be good for us once we get back into the prem.

I thought he was the weak link right up until the end of the season to be honest mate, looked weak and his passing was poor alot of the time.

If the rumours are true that Halmosi is joining I'd be happy for Quinn to leave for £2m, I wouldn't begrudge him staying but I think for £2m with Halmosi supposedly joining it's too good to turn down.

Except from Beattie every player on the park was a weak link for most of the season.

2million is definately good money for squinny but I think we should try and keep him. We arn't exactly a team full of left sided players.

Quinn struggled at times. but he is still young. When he played with tonge, both are weak so S.quiin has to get stuck in as tonge wouldnt.

Id have quinny over carney TBH. Quinny has fire and willing to go in where as carney seems abit nesh.

and if the rumour is true what daz says, id like him to come in first before we sell. not sell and hope he comes and be left with sod all.

Back
Top Bottom