Booing

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Happily. Around where I was sat, there were a few boos immediately after the half time and full time whistle. Then the ref was jeered off as he made his way off the pitch. For context, I never said the players were booed off. ‘A few boos at half-time’ and ‘A few boos ring around the Lane at full-time’. Not a majority, just a few, but loud enough to hear and mention. Both times heard with my own, not insubstantial ears. Hope that helps clear things up. 👍🏻

Why bother reporting a "few" boos that were probably out of frustration at the refereee than anything else......lots of other areas of that game to report on?

As you can see on here and twitter where you are blocking people left, right and centre for daring to question you there were barely any boos and the vast majority of those were directed at the inept officiating.

I can confirm I was booing. But I was booing those who I could tell were thinking about booing.

Why bother reporting a "few" boos that were probably out of frustration at the refereee than anything else......lots of other areas of that game to report on?

As you can see on here and twitter where you are blocking people left, right and centre for daring to question you there were barely any boos and the vast majority of those were directed at the inept officiating.

Were the boos in the Press Box? :)

Why they're not taught to book people early doors for time wasting and dissent is beyond me.
Why do goalkeepers Never get carded for exceeding the 6 second handling rule?
I moan about this at just about every game I go to

As for the booing at full time, I noticed it coincided with Rammers standing applauding in front of the Kop. I wondered "why the booing" and then realised it was aimed at the ref who was walking off the pitch.

I’m not far from the tunnel. Fans were clapping the players then as the ref approached the tunnel it turned to booing. Then clapping again as Rammers came off. Hall needs to up his game.

I’m not far from the tunnel. Fans were clapping the players then as the ref approached the tunnel it turned to booing. Then clapping again as Rammers came off. Hall needs to up his game.
Looking for clicks(and getting them)
Shocking lazy journalism

It wasn't about as the ref came off the pitch. Immediately after the final whistle.

It wasn't about as the ref came off the pitch. Immediately after the final whistle.

But....(and here I go responding to The Stir again)....immediately before the final whistle we were attacking and had a player chopped down that would have almost definitely resulted in a red card and a free kick in a dangerous position.......maybe, just maybe....the boos were for that decision and the way the game ended?

But....(and here I go responding to The Stir again)....immediately before the final whistle we were attacking and had a player chopped down that would have almost definitely resulted in a red card and a free kick in a dangerous position.......maybe, just maybe....the boos were for that decision and the way the game ended?
They definitely were…..

Maybe they were. The tweet said there were a few boos. So again, we agree, no?

Sorry but speaking in the vehicular the ref Saturday needs a few weeks in a sauna get rid of his bellies.

Why do goalkeepers Never get carded for exceeding the 6 second handling rule?
Why do players get away with foul throws, when in Sunday league, they are on the kids like a rash for foul throws 🤣
I think the 6 second rule got scrapped several years ago

You're blocked 😄

I think the 6 second rule got scrapped several years ago
I don't think it was ever enforced but it is in the 21/22 FA rules:-

An indirect free kick is awarded if a goalkeeper, inside their penalty area, commits any of the following offences:
  • controls the ball with the hand/arm for more than six seconds before releasing
I understand why a referee would be lenient if the goalie holds the ball for 7/8 seconds, but if a team is clearly timewasting they should enforce the rule.

When teams start wasting time ( even if it's early in the game as on Saturday), I think the referee should tell the captain that it has to stop and the next player who does it will be booked - as per rules of the game:-

Referees must caution players who delay the restart of play by:
  • appearing to take a throw-in but suddenly leaving it to a team-mate to take
  • delaying leaving the field of play when being substituted
  • excessively delaying a restart
  • kicking or carrying the ball away, or provoking a confrontation by deliberately touching the ball after the referee has stopped play
  • taking a free kick from the wrong position to force a retake

Whether it was the referee or the players. I have no problem with the fans booing at full time. During the game or even at half time is a no, no for me.

Back
Top Bottom