Board identify qualities to replace Wilder

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

More speculative articles from the Examiner. I did like reading their stuff with the Sheffield Star being shite, but over the last few weeks there has been a raise in pointless stories with no quotes or sources, which are blatantly just based on opinions from twitter or fans forums like this.
I used to find newsnow a fairly decent source for links about 10 years ago. Now, sadly it is mostly links to speculative rubbish, “researched” by a journalist looking no further than Twitter or Instagram. Articles on the other club in our house is even worse, a lot coming from the Birmingham Mail and nearly every link ending in “live” being clickbait and nothing more. 😡

"A willingness to work with those youngsters and improve the pathway from academy to first team in the long run is a must. The club producing homegrown players is something the board is extremely keen to see."

This is exactly what the club said last time we were skint, in League One.

More speculative articles from the Examiner. I did like reading their stuff with the Sheffield Star being shite, but over the last few weeks there has been a raise in pointless stories with no quotes or sources, which are blatantly just based on opinions from twitter or fans forums like this.
Its hard to attach credibility to Hemminghams articles at the moment as he changes daily on what he believes is happening. He seems to throw in 3 or 4 articles a day in the hope that some of it contains an element of truth. We've gone from the Board want a Director of Football to status quo being retained. Major changes are being considered to recruitment to none at all. Jason Tindall is Chris Wilders replacement to a new manager is not going to be appointed until the end of the season.

I'm sure he has a contact at the Club but I suspect its more likely to be Agnes the tea lady rather than a senior source.

Of course while radio silence is being maintained by the Board speculation will continue.

"with one name currently working in Portugal an example of how the interest has spread far and wide."

Welcome to Beautiful Downtown Bramall Lane Carlos Carvalhal o_O
Had the wendies playing some good stuff in the PO final season.

I think the point about 352 is relevant and sensible, but it could still mean a change as 352 doesn’t have to mean overlapping centrebacks.

If we played more traditional wingbacks with earlier balls into the box it would help Brewster massively as our current system doesn’t suit him.

It’s also an attractive and exciting brand of football to watch, one that the fans can get behind.

Who knows if this article has any truth to it? But if it does it seems sensible to me and having watched the youth players come through I’m excited to see them progress as they look good attack-minded players.

Also if it’s true the board don’t have a preferred replacement and are to take their time in appointing someone it would suggest it was not part of the plan for Wilder to leave.

The owners are obviously clueless, Two years of 100m plus from the Prem and virtually no spending on infrastructure. Lose a manager and identify they want the same manager with a different name.
Just let Wilder have three months holiday and reappoint him in June.

Yeah I agree the wingbacks are probably here to stay given bogles success this year and just generally the amount of them we have. 3-4-3 seems to be the flavour of the month formation at the moment and would still suit a lot of our players.
certainly looks that way yogi and although my preference would be 433 i can live with 343 im sure mcburnie and brewster would be better suited to this system than playing a front 2 and doubt we will see the overlapping centre backs anyway next season but we definetly need 2 midfielders for the central roles to challenge norwood and fleck or even to replace them certainly need more pace and physicality in that area

Interesting article about the qualities they are seeking for the next manager. Keeping the 3-5-2 system and have the ability to convince players not to leave this Summer.
Qualities they are seeking...to keep their mouths shut and do what they're told.

Heckinbottom it is

Ok then let me think about it ................... erm, what's that bloke Chris Wilder up to at the moment?

So what was it that Chris and the Prince really fell out over then? Players wages? Lack of progress with the Training Ground upgrade? Who knows.... but one thing seems clear, there was no great shift in the way the Prince envisaged the day to day workings of the club.

Only a handful of people will know the depth and real reasons for their fallout. I do think Chris was stressed to fuck and needed a break. The death of one of his best mates completely out of the blue might have knocked him for six - I know it would have done me.

Oh if only they could kiss and make up, but alas I think we are too far down the road now. Let's give Heckingbottom our full and complete support and see where we go from here.

Kin ell, it's never boring being a blade is it 😬

I do think Chris was stressed to fuck and needed a break.

I think that this is the crux of the matter.

I was worried for Chris's health over the last few months.

Every time he did an interview he was struggling for words, he was negative about everything, spoke out of turn about internal club affairs and never looked happy.

I saw nothing in him that exuded leadership qualities and I think he desperately needed a break, which he now has.

In an ideal world he will take things easy, clear his head and come back the strong happy leader he once was.

It would be a real bonus if he could get himself well and come back to us but the main thing is that he gets himself well, which I don't think he is at all at the moment

certainly looks that way yogi and although my preference would be 433 i can live with 343 im sure mcburnie and brewster would be better suited to this system than playing a front 2 and doubt we will see the overlapping centre backs anyway next season but we definetly need 2 midfielders for the central roles to challenge norwood and fleck or even to replace them certainly need more pace and physicality in that area
A 3-4-3 might actually help Norwood as there would be another player along side him in a deeper role meaning he’d have to cover less ground but yeah our prospects next year hinge on the midfield rebuild.

A 3-4-3 might actually help Norwood as there would be another player along side him in a deeper role meaning he’d have to cover less ground but yeah our prospects next year hinge on the midfield rebuild.
cant see norwood being anything else but a squad player next season berge was brought in to be his replacement this season and i hoping we bring in 2 better midfielders this summer

cant see norwood being anything else but a squad player next season berge was brought in to be his replacement this season and i hoping we bring in 2 better midfielders this summer
I agree I was just thinking about the benefits of a 3-4-3. I think we’re probably at 3 centremids short if I’m honest as fleck is the only one out of the current crop I think we’ll keep. So a group of 4 senior centremids maybe with one of the under 23s is a good number and would keep competition/cover in a healthy state

Wanted, manager who:
  • Can play 3-5-2
  • Has played this system in an attacking way previously
  • Knows the championship
  • Can perform on a budget
  • Can keep the majority of the squad together
  • Can aim for promotion next season
  • Understands the club and can settle in quickly.
Hmmm...if only such a man existed...

I do think Chris was stressed to fuck and needed a break.

I think that this is the crux of the matter.

I was worried for Chris's health over the last few months.

Every time he did an interview he was struggling for words, he was negative about everything, spoke out of turn about internal club affairs and never looked happy.

I saw nothing in him that exuded leadership qualities and I think he desperately needed a break, which he now has.

In an ideal world he will take things easy, clear his head and come back the strong happy leader he once was.

It would be a real bonus if he could get himself well and come back to us but the main thing is that he gets himself well, which I don't think he is at all at the moment
Anyone reckon come June, CW might do a Bobby Ewing and step out of the shower?

I agree I was just thinking about the benefits of a 3-4-3. I think we’re probably at 3 centremids short if I’m honest as fleck is the only one out of the current crop I think we’ll keep. So a group of 4 senior centremids maybe with one of the under 23s is a good number and would keep competition/cover in a healthy state
yeah just think playing a basic front 2 is mainly a thing of the past and not used by most teams in the modern era the 343 set up can also be 3421

I said the board aren't looking to depart from the 352, they see it as our identity.

Chris Wilder would be decent I reckon
Yeah...the results this season certainly back up that claim. To think there would be a dramatic change in attitude and performances if he was still here next season is pure delusion.
He'd have probably taken us straight back out of the championship, to league 1.

Yeah...the results this season certainly back up that claim. To think there would be a dramatic change in attitude and performances if he was still here next season is pure delusion.
He'd have probably taken us straight back out of the championship, to league 1.
Rubbish

Back
Top Bottom