BladesPod: Concentrating on the cup... Man Utd review, looking ahead to Arsenal

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Beans

Reaction score
Afternoon all,

Well, this was a lot more fun to talk about than it was to watch, although the bar was pretty low I suppose... aaaanyway, Roygbiv and I go through the Man Utd game, its longer-term implications, drill into a few individual performances, get a bit misty-eyed over Bruno Fernandes, and also have a lengthy preview of the Arsenal FA Cup tie this weekend. Arsenal are probably competing with us as "team that is having the worst time of it since football resumed" (I'm not including relegation teams as they were already bad to begin with) in terms of injuries and results.

Also includes an essential update on the waning powers of Roy's Colombia shirt. Cheers, as always for listening - and give us a goal on Sunday please, Blades?

Also on Apple and Spotify.

I agree that Stevens looks like he needs some time out, but I hope he starts at LCB against Arsenal (if JOC out). I think we really miss something in an attacking sense down the left when the LCB is reluctant to step out. Also, could help Fleck find his feet again. Osborn to start LWB (has shown he has the energy levels to perform this role).
Without our trademark overloads, we offer precious little in an attack.
Up top is an issue - fed up of the front two looking isolated, so Didzy is a must for me. We look so much better when he's dropping deep for the ball. Happy to see him partnered with either of Moose or Sharp (not seen it work with Oli yet)
If Didz is struggling for fitness, I'd rather see Freeman come in and given a free role behind a lone striker (Duffy-esque role) to bridge the gap between attack and midfield.
Lunny has won the shirt back from Berge at RCM and his box-to-box energetic play is very useful against the teams who don't sit back.
Would be happy to see either of Norwood or Berge in CM - Ollie looks off the boil and Sander looks more comfortable sitting in the centre.
I think sending Besic was a big mistake - what we'd give for a bit of bite and fight in midfield right now...shame

Back
Top Bottom