Blades "thrown to the wolves"

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Sounds like someone has got others to do some dirty work for him to me. And it stinks.

Anyone else starting to get fucked off with this shit.

The cynic in me is saying this is Wilder's circle taking the opportunity to deflect blame for the likely relegation.

It's noise and nonsense. Ironically.

Sowing the seeds of unrest & distrust regardless of subject matter; blades, brexit, covid. It's all fair game. A retweet here, a like there, keep the crazy's relevant on the time lines.

Its bizarre really cos a lot of the talk about the Princes comments on transfers

“Number two, you have to look at our past record in loans, especially in January. Number three, the board made that decision, but the whole team had to pick itself up. When the team is playing well, they don't need anyone.”

I mean its fine for the fans to call out Wilder saying he's wasted money but not the owner of the club.

The other point is only Berge from the three brought in last January was a success and that didnt start until the summer with his goal against Spurs.
Retsos and Zivkovich played 5 games between them, Retsos not getting any game time in the league. So lets be reight. The Prince is right in what he says on that point.

Does this really sound like a relationship broken beyond repair, someone who’s going to have to walk out on the club they've supported?

We’ve not been in the Champions League for the last 20 years with world-class players, winning cups here, there and everywhere. We all know what this club’s been built on. It’s all right, it’s fine. I’m cracking on. I’m not changing.
I’m in it and we’re punching. The players will keep doing that because that’s what they have to do and what I have to do, regardless of the decisions that are made.

Is this Wilder showing he’s not happy to not be given whatever he asked for? Maybe.
But effectively Wilders resignation, I’m just not feeling it. Of course what it does mean is Chris getting loads of questions as to if he’ll still be here next year especially if we’re relegated over the next few weeks.

Last edited:
I think the best thing to do is sit and wait for our accounts to be visible.

If there’s a profit made then I can see things changing quickly on here.

I don't think there is an issue if there is a profit made. I hope there is.

With the pandemic we have to have an eye on funding the next couple of years and not by virtue of selling the family silverware and starting from zero.

No doubt there are other training ground improvements the Management team would like as well, which will need to be funded.

There has been plenty of times likes with Berge and with McBurnie and with Brewster that the Manager has been grateful to the Board. Remember our record signing was broken when we signed Freeman for 5m or 6m.

I think occasionally the Board has to say 'no' to the manager. This is one of them.

But if the 120m has to be spent signing players that nobody else in the league wants, it's unreasonable to assume they should improve us.
Then don't spend it 😁

It's not as if we had to spend that much money.

Taking the past year, we spent up to 23m on Brewster. King has just gone to Everton for 5m so even if higher in the summer, he was available fo far less. Toney went to Brentford for 5m rising to 10m. A couple of alternatives who either stayed or went to clubs in a lesser position than us.

You'll struggle to find a more expensive keeper acquisition than Ramsdale. Martinez went for 17m deal, better wages no doubt, but you take my point on the fee. Leeds signed Meslier for 5m. Etheridge, another keeper with PL experience went for 2m, when Hendo went back, Romero would have been an available loan. There were other far less expensive deals out there.

So if the players are not going to improve the team for 120m, there were others out there who could have had the same if not greater impact, available for less.

I would however take the point that signing more on potential you hoped that we would not have encountered such poor injuries and the form of so many senior players dropped off a cliff so dramatically. Already Bogle looks like he may be coming good. I hope a few signs point to Rammers overcoming a shaky first half of the season.

In the cold light of day I can understand the Board not being impressed with the impact of the PL recruitment up to Jan and given what is going on in the world and our position, deciding that money, head over heart would be more judiciously invested in the summer.

We still hope for a great escape and recent form has been encouraging. The odds are very much stacked against.

But to the original article, now really is the time to set aside a lot of these debates and focus on pushing positivity. I'm really disappointed that a Unitedite decided to post the article they did at this time. It's a real mood hoover when there has been an upbeat feeling to 2021. I'm sure on that we can agree fella! UTB ⚔️

My understanding was with the Ben Davies thing was that he simply didn't want to come.

I read that we offered him a deal that contained a relegation wage reduction clause that dropped his wage to about the amount he was being offered by Preston for a renewal.

If PA wanted the funding he provided to work out well on the pitch, he'd have forked out more for A. Robinson, Cash and Watkins.

We get the players no other team wants. When Wilder turns them into superstars (as he often does) he is rightly heralded as a genius. When they don't come off, people assume he could've done better with the budget he had. If anyone has any names of who we should have signed, with hindsight, please provide.
Well that’s easy, Tariq Lamptey, Emile Buendia, Ivan Toney, Ben Davies and Ben Foster would have cost considerably less and would have not cleaned out the total annual transfer budget?

But that’s easy to say in hindsight 🤷🏻‍♂️

Well that’s easy, Tariq Lamptey, Emile Buendia, Ivan Toney, Ben Davies and Ben Foster would have cost considerably less and would have not cleaned out the total annual transfer budget?
Did you know Lamptey's name before he went to Brighton? Did you suggest we should spend 5m on him?

Didn't know Buendia was given the go ahead to leave Norwich. How much did they quote to Arsenal for him, 60mill?

I remember the forum being split on whether or not we should sign another permanent LCB to cover O'Connell after injury, most seemed against it.

Was Ben Foster for sale? Not seen anything saying they'd accept a low bid for him, what would you say if they wanted 10mill for him? Then there's his wage, he'd want far more than Ramsdale is on. Length of contract? He would want a couple of years at least, at 37 is that an obvious decision?

Did you know Lamptey's name before he went to Brighton? Did you suggest we should spend 5m on him?

Didn't know Buendia was given the go ahead to leave Norwich. How much did they quote to Arsenal for him, 60mill?

I remember the forum being split on whether or not we should sign another permanent LCB to cover O'Connell after injury, most seemed against it.

Was Ben Foster for sale? Not seen anything saying they'd accept a low bid for him, what would you say if they wanted 10mill for him? Then there's his wage, he'd want far more than Ramsdale is on. Length of contract? He would want a couple of years at least, at 37 is that an obvious decision?

You said ‘in hindsight’ 🤔

You said ‘in hindsight’ 🤔
So in hindsight, we didn't find a couple of gems. Lamptey would've gone to Brighton if we went in for him anyway. Not sure the situation with Davies, if he was available or not, but fair enough.

Even in hindsight, could we have signed Foster? I doubt it. We definitely couldn't have signed Buendia though. That's like saying in hindsight we should've gone for Messi.

So in hindsight, we didn't find a couple of gems. Lamptey would've gone to Brighton if we went in for him anyway. Not sure the situation with Davies, if he was available or not, but fair enough.

Even in hindsight, could we have signed Foster? I doubt it. We definitely couldn't have signed Buendia though. That's like saying in hindsight we should've gone for Messi.
Well it’s all irrelevant anyway, because we bought the players we bought, rightly or wrongly.

Anyway, I’m too focused on tonight’s game. Let’s just hope the squad that we have, continues to do the business 😬

UTB

We were quoted £10 million for Davies.

Ref Ben Foster. Given he’s settled down there would he really be interested in coming to Sheffield for a year for similar money?
I’m not so sure he would have been interested at this stage of his career.

Back
Top Bottom