Blades "thrown to the wolves"

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

mattbianco1

Forum Royalty
Reaction score
Last edited:

I’ve just read this on twitter, don’t know what to make of it to be honest, one way or another 🤷🏼‍♀️🧐

View from Gimli, that is nonsense. My view is that the author is trying to create a rift that isn’t there.

The Prince has backed Wilder, the Prince has supported Wilder, Wilder has done an excellent job.

Talk in the article that he suddenly now decides he is going to walk away, what right now after we’ve just given ourselves some hope?

Some stirring going on in my opinion.

Saw this on twitter from "View From John Street" blog

The link to the article is here: http://www.viewfromthejohnstreet.co...-a-bull-for-battling-blades-boss-chris-wilder

Interestingly, Wit (Wilder's mate) retweeted the tweet.

He’s not though really. Wilders had more than enough money to Improve the team. It’s not Prince fault that he wasted it and bought mediocre players. Why waste more money when it looks like we are already relegated. Wilder himself said last season if we look like we are down for Xmas he wouldn’t waste anymore money signing players, so what’s different this season

Isn't that blog always one for shit-stirring? Sure I've seen some equally daft posts pop up on Twitter by them, before.

If we're honest, any other chairman would have sacked Wilder in December, so I think any suggestion that he's been thrown to the wolves is sensationalist.

VFJS has always been nothing but a snake-pit of negativity and shit stirring. Bollocks to them.

It's the fucking fan-blog equivalent of the Daily Star. I'm surprised there isn't a piece about Jack Rodwell's love for geriatric fancy-dress bukkake parties.

It's the fucking fan-blog equivalent of the Daily Star. I'm surprised there isn't a piece about Jack Rodwell's love for geriatric fancy-dress bukkake parties.
More Daily Sport - but I get the sentiment.

Yep, it's a tabloid rag masquerading as a fans site. I'd love to hear the bellends behind it all try to justify what they do.

As for Rodwell, that story would actually be believable.

Managed a couple of lines before I couldn't take the Wilder tea bagging anymore.

Prince: Chris, you're doing fucking ace. Here's all my money, buy something nice and let's see some more of that Wilder magic.

Wilder: Sound boss, leave it wi me. Thanks for the great backing

Wilder: Smashed it boss, best transfer window ever

Prince: Nice one Chris, looking forward to this season

Wilder: Not got the qualiteh, can't compete, can't go toe to toe

Prince: Chris??

Wilder: Yeah, gonna need a couple in January

Prince: Not going as we thought this. I like you and I don't want to sack you but I can't throw any more money at this

Wilder: Fuck's sake

View From John Street: Wilder's been absolutely shafted by the Prince. Just abandoned him. What a tosser. Ps. Chris is reyt good.

I think it's a shockingly negative and poor timed article. Why, when there is na upbeat feeling would you post something so devisive is beyond me.

I dropped a reply. Here was my 2 cents:

I find the timing of this article, when we are all meant to be pulling together unnecessary, ill-timed and far too negative.

I'm saying nothing against Chris, he's done marvelously.

Something seldom referenced is that we are in the middle of a global pandemic. Being sensible with the club funds when we have been rock bottom is being realistic.

None of the targets publicized in the press were anywhere near attainable. Colley signed a new deal with Sampdoria, Davies went to the current league champions and Lingard went to the team pushing for the top 4, well known for paying excessive wages.

Hardly anything was spent by anyone because of the current circumstances.

At the start of January, Bogle marginally aside, not one of the summer signings had contributed one iota to the current campaign.

We have not sold anyone of note to fund incoming deals. We're probably one of the biggest net spenders on fees because we have sacrificed nobody in the quest to kick on.

Progress has undoubtedly happened quickly but not long ago we heard speak of not tipping up the owners and not jeopardising the club.

Is it wrong for the owner to sight that Jan isn't a time when good deals get made? Especially when your primary targets are unobtainable? Looks at Zivkovic and Panos for evidence.

It seems the senior players have booked up a bit and that has enabled us to start competing. It's no coincidence the youngsters like Bogle have started to find their way on the back of this.

It might have been nice to have one more midfielder. But how far is Berge away from fitness? We weren't getting Lingard so was there much point getting someone for the sake of it?

I'm a huge fan of Chris. But we can't just spend with nothing offsetting. Burnley don't do that. Look how they cope year on year. Why do we see ourselves better than them? Who did they buy this summer and January? We were far more active overall.

Time to pull together. This is a good site with thought provoking articles but at a time we could be turning a corner the timing is definitely off.

Wilder always said he never wanted this club to be a 'boom and bust' club so I would have like to think he would understand why it wouldn't make financial sense to waste money on signings at the moment. The winter window is traditionally fairly unfruitful, and when you factor in the effect of the pandemic and our league position, it seems to make sense to hold fire.
If, for for example, the club had £5m to spend on loan fees and wages for two players, I think it would make much more sense to hold on to that sum and put it towards midfield reinforcements for next season.

I've called him out on twitter before about how pathetic the vast majority if his posts are.

He is so biased against PA it's almost bordering on hatred and how any true blade thinks writing a post like that at this stage of the season when things are finally going in the right direction really does beggar belief.

The guys a McCabe stooge. Just look at his previous blog posts to see it.

The fact this article has been 'ratiod' to fuck tells me the majority of fans aren't having it at all.

VFJS articles are absolute toilet.

Got to be said that a midfield loanee and maybe another defender wouldn't have hurt. We will have more injuries and suspensions before the end of the season. They needn't have been PL superstars. There are plenty of decent players in the Championship and Wilder and Knill have good contacts. Contracts to the end of the season on a low-ish wage with a bonus for staying up wouldn't have cost the earth

Back
Top Bottom