Blades players you thought were going to be brilliant...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

As a kid, I thought Brown was good for us. I also thought that Hutchinson was quality and didn't do much wrong in his spell with us.

The rest are fair enough though, although be careful with Speedo, as I'm sure you'll get accused of being 'disrespectful'.

It's all about expectations and players delivering them. Sometimes the expectations are just unrealistic when players are built up. Some on my list were highly paid but going through the motions. Sammon on the other hand just seemed a shoe-in for League 1 and yet he was way out of his depth.

Anyone remember the debut of Dries Boussatta?

The Dutch winger who had played at AZ and Ajax amongst others, big things were expected, Warnock had chased him before then we finally landed him. He came on as a sub in a night match and looked incredible, bangs of skill, twisting and turning. I remember the bloke next to me saying the second time Dries got the ball 'it'll be a goal! Just you watch.'...it wasn't.

Apparently he now owns 6 coffee bars.

Who was that Goal keeper I think it was Warnock brought in, who in his first game let in 3 soft goals in the first half before they took him off...…?

Who was that Goal keeper I think it was Warnock brought in, who in his first game let in 3 soft goals in the first half before they took him off...…?

Lee Baxter, I believe it was only 2 goals he let in vs Burnley, including a penalty from Robbie Blake when Stuart McCall had told him which side to dive and he ignored him!

Alan Young
Chris Guthrie
Phil Thompson
Alex Sabella
Don Hutchison
Jim Brown
James Harper
Connor Sammon
Gary Speed
Samir Carruthers
Ben Woodburn
Willie Hamilton
Terry Curran
Vinnie Jones

Some exciting signings at times of rare investment.

Willie Hamilton was a world-beater but a bigger drinker, never fulfilled his potential.
Don Hutchinson was quality

Seeing as a few haven't grasped the OP can I plump for Mamadou Seck.

Tony battersby. Watched him from juniors, through reserves and thought he would be Mint

Alan Young
Chris Guthrie
Phil Thompson
Alex Sabella
Don Hutchison
Jim Brown
James Harper
Connor Sammon
Gary Speed
Samir Carruthers
Ben Woodburn
Willie Hamilton
Terry Curran
Vinnie Jones

Some exciting signings at times of rare investment.

Willie Hamilton was a world-beater but a bigger drinker, never fulfilled his potential.

Don't agree on Gary Speed. The lad was 38 when he joined us and people should not have expected too much.

He was classy on the ball, and good at organising other players.

Just my opinion.

After his first game, Febian Brandy. Florent Cuvelier also came with a fair bit of appraisal.

Don Hutchinson no good then despite having a good career? I watch alot of him on ESPN and he never mentions United, also ive noticed on wiki that he made his most appearances for us...

Bourne Butlin.Guy.Richardson gk.cadette.finniston.guthrie.turned out to be really crap.

Not read this thread, so apologies if mentioned earlier, Stephen Hawes. Our youngest ever debutant.

Back
Top Bottom