Blades players name pronunciations

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Japanese commentator over here pronounces Basham as “Beshem”. I’m happy with that, though. After 10 years here, without a reliable way to watch games, it’s so great to be able to watch us regularly; they can mispronounce anything they want!

"Lead" as in "lead".

"Lead" as in 'SCART lead'
I'm sorry, this is just generating more confusion. Has the SCART guided you so you are "SCART lead" or are you taking the SCART out for a walk on his "SCART lead"?

I love the English language.

I think you’d still say the ‘g’. I’ll ask my Polish mate ...😆

EDIT - they’ve confirmed it would be said like Yagielka.

Think Jags actually pronounces it yag-eelka, not yaggy-elka, which makes sense (depending on what part of Poland his family originate.)

The city of Kiev, which we pronounce kee-ev, local Ukranians pronounce Keev.

As most of Eastern Ukraine was originally Western Poland (until world war two), maybe the family line of Jags is from that region?

Think Jags actually pronounces it yag-eelka, not yaggy-elka, which makes sense (depending on what part of Poland his family originate.)

The city of Kiev, which we pronounce kee-ev, local Ukranians pronounce Keev.

As most of Eastern Ukraine was originally Western Poland (until world war two), maybe the family line of Jags is from that region?
I once briefly worked with a bloke who said he was a good mate of Steve (and obviously knew Phil). I had no reason to disbelieve him (his face just lit up when I said I was a Blade) and he reckoned the family pronounced it ‘Yajelka’.
I used to know a bloke who’s family’s original surname was something like Kznztski but when his dad came to England he just changed it to ‘Kay’.

I think Akinbiyi means "LOW AS IN LOW" using the power of shouting, as you would when dealing with Johnny Foreigner!
Yeah but for that to work you have to hold your arm out, palm down and move it towards the ground a couple of times, like a manager telling his players to calm down. And you have to shout slowly or they won’t understand.

Bolldock and Moussay, even us English can speak a foreign language the correct way you know!

The pre-season vs Betis.
Commentator called skipper Beelay Shap.

EJO Hemsley is often referred to as Helmsley on here.

I’d guess “Hammond” has had the most pronunciations since Terry Cunt signed for us.

I'm sorry, this is just generating more confusion. Has the SCART guided you so you are "SCART lead" or are you taking the SCART out for a walk on his "SCART lead"?

I love the English language.
If you loved the English language that much, you'd know that the past participle of "to lead" is led, so wouldn't actually be confused at all. ;)

Inspired by Bladespod Andy/Panchero/Rogbiv/Roy’s view from insane pronunciation of Baldock. You’ve got a few obvious ones but some much more down to interpretation. How do you say them?

First you’ve got: Bolldock, Bawldock or BALdock? Team Beans or Team Roygbiv?

Moussay or Mousset? One of my favourites has been Muzzyizzet, but I feel like the bloke was mentally challenged so I’ll let that one go.

The age old debate, do you agree with his own pronunction of his name, Yagielka, or the obviously correct Jagielka?
2A1435F0-E535-45E2-B672-42F9561771A0.jpeg

The age old debate, do you agree with his own pronunction of his name, Yagielka, or the obviously correct Jagielka?

Oh dear. Who wants to be the first to tell him that the obviously correct pronunciation is actually Yagielka?

Regards pronunciations I always thought it was Alan Wud..wud.

But I’ve heard it pronounced by Blades as Alan Wud...Wahhhhhd.

Back
Top Bottom