Blades players name pronunciations

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Akinbiyi

Banned
Reaction score
Inspired by Bladespod Andy/Panchero/Rogbiv/Roy’s view from insane pronunciation of Baldock. You’ve got a few obvious ones but some much more down to interpretation. How do you say them?

First you’ve got: Bolldock, Bawldock or BALdock? Team Beans or Team Roygbiv?

Moussay or Mousset? One of my favourites has been Muzzyizzet, but I feel like the bloke was mentally challenged so I’ll let that one go.

The age old debate, do you agree with his own pronunction of his name, Yagielka, or the obviously correct Jagielka?

Noticed a few commentators/pundits/tossers call Lundstram “Luurndstroom”.

Back in the day I can remember John Motson calling Jostien Flo, “Yussteen Flew”.

Personally, I’ve called Baldock every version mentioned and so instead now just call him George. But... I pronounce it as “Jhooorje” because he’s a bit Greek and I occasionally try to be pretentious.

I’ve called Hammond and a few other players from that era all sorts of names, some I have no chance of pronouncing. 😁

Pronunciations mean nothing to me. Only time I engage with them I address them all as "gerrit fuckin forward you twat".

Peter Ndloooooveeee

Always remember Peter Brackley's pronunciation (RIP) when I see Ndlovu's name come up, Nud low voo, with proper gusto.

I'll chuck in Peschisolido, I always said Pesky-s'lead-o but there were always the Pesky-solid-o lot.

Nobody, and I mean absolutely nobody does pronunciations like jonathan pearce.

Jags pronounces it Ya-jelka but there's no way that's happening.
It is correct as Polish pronounce their j’s with a y sound.

I agree though, I’d find it odd to start saying it correct after 20 years of pronouncing it with a hard J sound.

Inspired by Bladespod Andy/Panchero/Rogbiv/Roy’s view from insane pronunciation of Baldock. You’ve got a few obvious ones but some much more down to interpretation. How do you say them?

First you’ve got: Bolldock, Bawldock or BALdock? Team Beans or Team Roygbiv?

Moussay or Mousset? One of my favourites has been Muzzyizzet, but I feel like the bloke was mentally challenged so I’ll let that one go.

The age old debate, do you agree with his own pronunction of his name, Yagielka, or the obviously correct Jagielka?
Baaldock
Mousse-et
Jags

It is correct as Polish pronounce their j’s with a y sound.

I agree though, I’d find it odd to start saying it correct after 20 years of pronouncing it with a hard J sound.

Ya-yelka then?

Harry Mc-guire instead of Ma-guire did my head in. He’s not Scottish, or Irish. There’s no ‘c’ in his surname. Christ.

Matt Lowton - "Low" rhyming with cow or "Low" rhyming with toe?

I seem to change this one every time I say it.

Kevin Ah know.
Kevin Arnott. Might have been some one on Radio Sheffield.

Back
Top Bottom