Blackburn away - biggee!!!

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

For the penultimate game of the 1989-90 season (at Blackburn), John Allen (who moved from Sheffield to Motherwell in the late 1970s) drove all the way from Motherwell not realising that the match was all ticket until he arrived at Ewood Park. He arrived about two hours before the kick off, walking round the ground thinking of a way to get in and then when he saw a TV camera crew were making their way into the ground through the Officials entrance doors, quick as a flash he followed the tv crew. The doormen thought John was part of the crew and allowed him into the ground! John carried on following the crew through the corridors and then went to a different direction by guessing before ending up in the toilets at the away end, waited for the gates to open before joining the crowd. I was gobsmacked to see him when I got in the ground that night and he then explained it all to me.
Was this the 0-0 where if we won we would have all but secured promotion? I was there that match as a 13 years old with my dad and my uncle if so! Remember a late header from someone that seemed harder to miss from someone for us?!

Was this the 0-0 where if we won we would have all but secured promotion? I was there that match as a 13 years old with my dad and my uncle if so! Remember a late header from someone that seemed harder to miss from someone for us?!
Yes Billy Whitehurst very nearly scored with a header

Back
Top Bottom