Blackburn after Tongey

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

We couldn't before, so what makes you think we can now?

Whose to say we couldn't before? Just because we never purchased a £3 million midfielder previously, doesn't mean they weren't available.

who then???

You and I both know this is hard to say. Some people will come available in the close season within this price range.

However some within £3 million that have happened of late.

Buzsaky to QPR - Undisclosed.
Robbie Savage - £1.5 million
Richard Chaplow - 800k
Dan Gosling - £2 million
Neil Danns - 600k
Glen Whelan - 500k
Barry Robson - £1 million
David Norris - Undisclosed

They are just a few that I've picked out from the LAST transer window.

Whether you agree with my choices is another matter.

Id sell at £3mil and use the money to take a punt on any of the names mentioned by Robbie.

Id sell at £3mil and use the money to take a punt on any of the names mentioned by Robbie.

The above players would be good aquisitions, however I'm not saying we should go for them. These players all went for them prices in Januarys transfer window (which is reknown for having a high mark up) and shows that good players are all available within that price range.

we wouldnt have to replace him if he gave alan quinn more of a chance i rated quinn above tonge to be honest

we wouldnt have to replace him if he gave alan quinn more of a chance i rated quinn above tonge to be honest

I'm assuming that should read "if he had've given Alan Quinn more of a chance"? :)

TBH the list robbie just stated, id have tonge over all them.

my opinion anyway :D

Whose to say we couldn't before? Just because we never purchased a £3 million midfielder previously, doesn't mean they weren't available.

That's not what I meant. Taken to the nth defree, anyone's available at a price. What I meant was we couldn't/didn't attract those sorts of players.

I don't know to be honest, I think Robbo at time might have thought that he had a coup in Hendrie and also having Tonge.

Suppose we will never know though.

As a Blackburn fan it's very interesting to read what you have to say about Tonge. I must say, opinion is as divided on the BRFC messageboards about him as it is here. £3 million is a lot of money to spend on someone who might not perform and I didn't see any outstanding performances from him last season in the Premiership.

Would personally say 3million for Tongey is bad business for Blackburn but good for us. (obviously)

Feel sorry for the lad, used to be a absolutely fantastic player where everything went through him.

He's come back on form recently, looks like Blacky has given him that bit of confidence he's been lacking and he's been superb against Hull and Bristol, for 3 mil i'd say no he looks like being a key player for us next season

He's come back on form recently, looks like Blacky has given him that bit of confidence he's been lacking and he's been superb against Hull and Bristol, for 3 mil i'd say no he looks like being a key player for us next season

He has improved, but don't think he's improved that much.

Snicket from the Star

Cotterill, a Wales international, has been told he has a future at the JJB Stadium but Wigan are still thought to be ready to consider offers of around £1 million.

Should United pursue their interest, they will resist the temptation to fund the purchase by offloading Michael Tonge to Blackburn Rovers following reports the Premiership club are ready to submit a £4m bid for the midfielder.

3 or 4 million is a lot of money - especially for somebody of Tongues ability. Yes he has shown potential and yes he has improved but put it into perspective - its nearly what we paid for Beattie and after all Tongues our attacking, creative, influential, linking midfielder who has 2 assists and 1 soletry goal to his name this season (and that goal was back in August):rolleyes: Some record?

Im not slagging him off because I would like to keep him for next year - as well as a youngster coming through to provide some competition, however, like I said that kind of money we could not turn down and Im sure replacements (of players equally as good**) could become possible targets, for a substantial amount less

**Hint towards a certain Mr Howard from Dingles

Four million smackers for Tonge? I'd happily take that. It would be money to fund other purchases, and if Tongey is worth four million then it looks like we stole Beattie from Everton at that price.

Four million smackers for Tonge? I'd happily take that. It would be money to fund other purchases, and if Tongey is worth four million then it looks like we stole Beattie from Everton at that price.

and Everton stole jagielka from us.

Back
Top Bottom