Billy Gillespie watching a Blades match

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

And who’d a thought that Vinny Jones was a young Blade, deffo him at the front. Also this was the period when Sean Bean was still sucking rollies and hanging about with rozzers….

View attachment 181067

Hope @silent doesn't mind, but I have this current fetish of using an app to add colour to black and white photos.

In conclusion.... I can't imagine it was easy to spot anyone in particular in the crowd back in those days! Not much colour 😂
Ron "Jos" Mael, third row, slightly to the right...

View attachment 181067

Hope @silent doesn't mind, but I have this current fetish of using an app to add colour to black and white photos.

In conclusion.... I can't imagine it was easy to spot anyone in particular in the crowd back in those days! Not much colour 😂
Only 5 people wearing spectacles in the pic... and they are positioned in a straight, diagonal line from bottom left to top right.

Can't pssibly be coincidence, it must have been pre-arranged. But how? By whom? and why? We must find out the truth.

Only 5 people wearing spectacles in the pic... and they are positioned in a straight, diagonal line from bottom left to top right.

Can't pssibly be coincidence, it must have been pre-arranged. But how? By whom? and why? We must find out the truth.
3 of them look like the same person. Conspiracy in there somewhere.

I was intrigued by that, and spent some time thinking about it until I noticed the additional 5 other blokes wearing glasses who are randomly distributed among the rest of the picture...
Just what is this international break doing to us all...bring on Saturday!

Truth is y'ev got International Break Bonkeritis, it's gooin' around.
Best thing is lie down, with a damp flannel on y'r forehead and cover yourself with a curvaceous 18 yr. old, bespectacled or no, young lady, it's recommended.

I was intrigued by that, and spent some time thinking about it until I noticed the additional 5 other blokes wearing glasses who are randomly distributed among the rest of the picture...
Just what is this international break doing to us all...bring on Saturday!
Those other 5 definitely weren't there yesterday.

The plot thickens.

Apparently Jimmy Dunne our goalscorer extraordinare was also buried in his hometown in Ireland with a Blades shirt on.

Jimmy was top goalscorer at United for four consecutive seasons between 1929 and 1933, which included scoring over 30 First Division goals in three consecutive seasons between 1930 and 1933. His best season was 1930–31, when he scored 41 league goals plus a further nine in other competitions (his 41 goal haul remains the record tally in the English League by an Irishman).
You've got me thinking now, maybe I've got mi keks in a twist and got them mixed up. Gillespie & Dunne that is.
Thanks for the subtle nudge, will have to reread the facts.
Yes, phenomenal scoring record, but as United always do the £sd distort the sight of a good and winning team.

Sheffield United rebuffed an initial approach of £10,000 as they wanted a record £12,000 for Dunne, however Chapman played the waiting game, and with the 1933-34 season underway United found themselves in financial trouble. Chapman boarded an early train and had Dunne signed up for a reduced fee of just over £8,000.

Never change United ... Never change.

View attachment 181067

Just a guess but wouldn’t the young fella on the second row be wearing a red and white scarf?

Back
Top Bottom