Bettis Interview

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

You can please all of the fans some of the time
you can please some of the fans all of the time
but you'll never please all of the fans all of the time......... :tumbleweed:

I am aware of that as it was stated in the interview but not the rest of the information

He works for someone else until July. We could ask his employer if we could speak to him, but he's not currently our employee.
I am aware of that, and also the fact that he made it a condition on agreeing to join us, he honoured his contract and worked to the last day. That said, I doubt very much there is a clause regarding watching videos to identify players, chatting to agents or even browsing the Internet to look at houses in Dore, out of 'office hours'

He works for someone else until July. We could ask his employer if we could speak to him, but he's not currently our employee.
I think you’re getting confused with the ‘tapping up’ rules - you can’t approach a manager in work directly to offer him a job. We’ve already been given permission to talk to him and offer him a job, which he’s accepted. I’m not aware of any rule that says you can’t speak to a manager who has agreed a contract with you to discuss potential future signings.

I am aware of that, and also the fact that he made it a condition on agreeing to join us, he honoured his contract and worked to the last day. That said, I doubt very much there is a clause regarding watching videos to identify players, chatting to agents or even browsing the Internet to look at houses in Dore, out of 'office hours'

There's nothing stopping his watching videos etc in his free time but he can't work for us. He's still contracted to his current employer and being paid to work for them. No different to you or me if we're seeing out a notice period or contract. He can't just do two jobs at the same time so he couldn't negotiate with agents. The article mentions that he'll be there in July so will have plenty of time to do everything before the season starts, so I expect him to walk in to a list of potential signings whilst Mitchell et al cracks on with it.
I think you’re getting confused with the ‘tapping up’ rules - you can’t approach a manager in work directly to offer him a job. We’ve already been given permission to talk to him and offer him a job, which he’s accepted. I’m not aware of any rule that says you can’t speak to a manager who has agreed a contract with you to discuss potential future signings.

Decent interview from a fans perspective. We have ambition, a playing philosophy and on paper, the manager to get us back to the promised land.

I'll say one thing about having the Prince and Bettis involved...I've started every season in an optimistic mood. Feels like they make sensible decisions in the best interest of the club. Would love that new training ground...surely the Prince can "threaten" the Council?!

For this to work, it's going to take a tactical masterclass from Jokanovic.
I will be very surprised if the Serb is not aware of all our strengths and weaknesses.He may still be under contract to his previous club but what's to do in the summer ? when players are on there hols I'm talking previous club not the blades!There new coach whoever that maybe will be in control of that I would assume.
Blades will be his focus and with video's and the help of Heckingbottom and other staff ! He will be formulating what is necessary to make us stronger for the promotion push next season.
Could be he will change to 4 at the back which will be a big change as at present we dont really have the centrebacks to play that way .
Going to be an interesting few months as the Serb formulates his squad.

From what I’ve heard, after saying last time that SJ was close. He’s looking at 3-4-3, new academy close to be finalised. We’ve got a very competitive budget, mix of loans and transfers. No bids yet for Berge, very excited
Sorry mate you can't come on here with your positive opinions,😊 seems we have a plan with the new manager, but some people just want to kick the club in the bolloxs at any opportunity, and yes I get it's a forum but surely after the shit show we have witnessed last season it's time for a bit of possativity.

There's nothing stopping his watching videos etc in his free time but he can't work for us. He's still contracted to his current employer and being paid to work for them. No different to you or me if we're seeing out a notice period or contract. He can't just do two jobs at the same time so he couldn't negotiate with agents. The article mentions that he'll be there in July so will have plenty of time to do everything before the season starts, so I expect him to walk in to a list of potential signings whilst Mitchell et al cracks on with it.
He won’t be doing the negotiations, it’ll be Bettis or Shieber. It’s very different to you and me, he can do whatever he wants with the consent of his current employers and I can’t see them having an issue over him discussing potential signings with us. If there was a problem, we could have just paid compensation for him to be released early. It wouldn’t have been much if he’s only got a month left.

Sorry but for all we know his current employer might be more than happy for him to be doing two jobs, they might well think they can gain from it, but loans or any other help further down the line. As for doing two jobs, again what he does in his own time, can surely only be challenged if it has a direct and detrimental affect on his employer, such as signing fir a rival in the same league

He won’t be doing the negotiations, it’ll be Bettis or Shieber. It’s very different to you and me, he can do whatever he wants with the consent of his current employers and I can’t see them having an issue over him discussing potential signings with us. If there was a problem, we could have just paid compensation for him to be released early. It wouldn’t have been much if he’s only got a month left.
And let's be honest and without trying to sound like a Wednesday fan,,the first season back on the PL, we were a big story, the overlapping centre backs, was reported and analysed all over the world, add in the PL games shown worldwide, the comments from Klopp, Pep and countless pundits,, Slav must have been living in a cave with complete media blackout, not to be aware, if he didn’t follow us, he will have watched games, his backroom team, his coaches, will all done a study, its their job, new tactics, how, why, effective, can we learn adapt or counter if our rivals try it.

Whether we stick with the 5-3-2 principal or not the major difference for me will be Slavs ability to change things up when needed. With the right personnel a 5-3-2 can quickly change into a 4-3-3 or even a 3-4-3........this is where Wilder got things very wrong, the squad he assembled could play only one system and there was no plan B....the players he bought in that could have played in a different system were never given the chance, (Freeman) or made to play out of position, (Berge).......square pegs, round holes..........CW had a history of this dating right back to the Ricky Holmes, Ryan Leonard debacles.....

And let's be honest and without trying to sound like a Wednesday fan,,the first season back on the PL, we were a big story, the overlapping centre backs, was reported and analysed all over the world, add in the PL games shown worldwide, the comments from Klopp, Pep and countless pundits,, Slav must have been living in a cave with complete media blackout, not to be aware, if he didn’t follow us, he will have watched games, his backroom team, his coaches, will all done a study, its their job, new tactics, how, why, effective, can we learn adapt or counter if our rivals try it.
I’d guess he did some more of that before his interview. That’s usually how it works, the interviewee presents their plan for the club which includes an analysis of strengths and weaknesses, what type of players need to be brought in etc.

I think we’ll be talking to players and their agents as soon as they’re back from holiday, we’ve probably already spoken to agents to see if certain players are interested. That doesn’t necessarily mean we’ll sign someone before July but I think we’ll be starting the process.

I’d guess he did some more of that before his interview. That’s usually how it works, the interviewee presents their plan for the club which includes an analysis of strengths and weaknesses, what type of players need to be brought in etc.

I think we’ll be talking to players and their agents as soon as they’re back from holiday, we’ve probably already spoken to agents to see if certain players are interested. That doesn’t necessarily mean we’ll sign someone before July but I think we’ll be starting the process.
Not a problem for me, and if you look at in from a different angle, how many people were going on about players being burnt out, lack of a close season, training camps due to covid, early June now already, players need time off, recover physically and mentally just have a break/downtime not thinking anything about football

I mean Bettis clearly says he spent 3 hours in a zoom meeting with Slav last week. The blokes in Serbia playing football with his mates, not sat in his office in Qatar clock watching.

Sufc and Al Gharafa have just saved them selves the headache of a legal settlement for the sake of 4 weeks. We're it 4 months or a year, maybe a different matter.

For all we know the owners at his current club are just chill about the whole thing, he was out of contract anyway.

What day to day activities do you suspect he’s doing at the moment?
To use your analogy, it would be no difference to you and me if we worked in manufacturing and the factory shuts down for July. We’re employed, we get paid, but there’s very little to do except for a few checks and keeping the place tidy.

What day to day activities do you suspect he’s doing at the moment?
To use your analogy, it would be no difference to you and me if we worked in manufacturing and the factory shuts down for July. We’re employed, we get paid, but there’s very little to do except for a few checks and keeping the place tidy.
Are you telling me your employer would be happy for you to go and do the same job for someone else whilst they're still paying you?!

Are you telling me your employer would be happy for you to go and do the same job for someone else whilst they're still paying you?!
If I had nothing to do, they had nothing for me to do, and I was leaving at the end of the month? Yeah they wouldn't overly care so long as I'm available if needed.

I honestly think you looking for something that isn't there, the guy is leaving, if his present club had the same concerns you had, they wouldn't let him honour his contract, simply impose 'gardening leave' and or reach an agreement with the Prince, they have done neither, they knew from the day they hired him, like every other manager, one day another club would come in for him, they would have protected their interests in the best way they could

On another tack, do we know if he'll need to quarantine when he arrives? Presuming Qatar are still on the red list.

There was a waiver for professional sportspeople but I thought it only applied to those already in a bubble.

On another tack, do we know if he'll need to quarantine when he arrives? Presuming Qatar are still on the red list.

There was a waiver for professional sportspeople but I thought it only applied to those already in a bubble.

He's in Serbia which is currently amber.

Back
Top Bottom