Bettis Interview

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

He won’t be doing the negotiations, it’ll be Bettis or Shieber. It’s very different to you and me, he can do whatever he wants with the consent of his current employers and I can’t see them having an issue over him discussing potential signings with us. If there was a problem, we could have just paid compensation for him to be released early. It wouldn’t have been much if he’s only got a month left.
Bettis refers to a three and a half hour video conference involving our new manager, with the inference that it related in the main to transfer targets.

They all look like they'd kill you for money apart from the little Scottish lad in the Sergio Tacchini sweatshirt 😂
He looks like he just shakes his head when he hears what the other 'lads' have been up to.

They all look like they'd kill you for money apart from the little Scottish lad in the Sergio Tacchini sweatshirt 😂
If that's the team for the new season, we might be lacking regards out and out pace, but pretty sure no opponents would get get past,,alive, might be safe to assume we could pick up a couple of red cards!

I will be very surprised if the Serb is not aware of all our strengths and weaknesses.He may still be under contract to his previous club but what's to do in the summer ? when players are on there hols I'm talking previous club not the blades!There new coach whoever that maybe will be in control of that I would assume.
Blades will be his focus and with video's and the help of Heckingbottom and other staff ! He will be formulating what is necessary to make us stronger for the promotion push next season.
Could be he will change to 4 at the back which will be a big change as at present we dont really have the centrebacks to play that way .
Going to be an interesting few months as the Serb formulates his squad.

He has probably seen enough of us during his time at Fulham. That end to end game we had with them will have certainly got his attention.

He has probably seen enough of us during his time at Fulham. That end to end game we had with them will have certainly got his attention.
I may be wrong here, but he seemed a bit disinterested in that match when it was brought up in his interview. Maybe because every fucker has been mentioning it to him, or he's re-watched it a couple of times in the last month or so, but rather than engage and say 'Fucking hell yes, what a game that was, one I remember still' blah de blah, he dismissed the question almost.

I may be wrong here, but he seemed a bit disinterested in that match when it was brought up in his interview. Maybe because every fucker has been mentioning it to him, or he's re-watched it a couple of times in the last month or so, but rather than engage and say 'Fucking hell yes, what a game that was, one I remember still' blah de blah, he dismissed the question almost.

He's not here to shoot the shit about his former clubs, he took 6 points off us that season. Mr Sheffield United now.

Well he doesn't seem like someone who gets overly excited about much. He looks like a man that if you piss him off he will snap your neck. 😂

Did I imagine it, or wasn’t there a vociferous element calling for tactical changes during the embers of Wilders last few months in charge?

Fans seemed to be demanding a change from overlapping full backs and centre halves, because we didn’t have players fit for those roles, and our ‘system’ had been found out and countered by other clubs?

Maybe they were really saying, keep the same system, but make subtle changes? Whatever, the fan base now seems content with Bettis’ suggestion that we will maintain the current system under the new manager.

Did I imagine it, or wasn’t there a vociferous element calling for tactical changes during the embers of Wilders last few months in charge?

Fans seemed to be demanding a change from overlapping full backs and centre halves, because we didn’t have players fit for those roles, and our ‘system’ had been found out and countered by other clubs?

Maybe they were really saying, keep the same system, but make subtle changes? Whatever, the fan base now seems content with Bettis’ suggestion that we will maintain the current system under the new manager.

I was calling for change but change because it wasn't working. I have zero issue with the style or formation which bagged us a top 10 finish in the Premier League.

If 5-3-2 is used with attacking intent, I doubt anyone will be unhappy.

The best football I've seen at the Lane have been under two managers who used wingbacks. We have about 6 wingbacks at the club. It would seem unlikely that we'd abandon it straight away.

Based on what Bettis said, starting with 532 or 5212 I would like to see us evolve into a 4312 - we have too many strikers not to play a pair. I really do think Egan/Basham and JOC/Robinson are fine as a centre back partnership in the championship, we went to 4 at the back plenty of times when we were behind in the prem and coped defensively. Plus Baldock defensively is a very solid RB. Wouldn’t be disappointed with 343 but surely that would mean signing 3 wingers and having to sell 2-3 strikers and hoping the wingers settle in straight away

Based on what Bettis said, starting with 532 or 5212 I would like to see us evolve into a 4312 - we have too many strikers not to play a pair. I really do think Egan/Basham and JOC/Robinson are fine as a centre back partnership in the championship, we went to 4 at the back plenty of times when we were behind in the prem and coped defensively. Plus Baldock defensively is a very solid RB. Wouldn’t be disappointed with 343 but surely that would mean signing 3 wingers and having to sell 2-3 strikers and hoping the wingers settle in straight away
You can still play 2 and have one cutting in from the left in a 3. McBurnie did that brilliantly at Barnsley, it's where he spent most of his time there.
You've also got Brewster and IMO Jebbison and (sigh) Burke who could play that role.
We would however need a good quick winger on the other side in order to play that.

Might be semantics, but system / tactics / formation are obviously not all the same.

Get three managers to set up three teams in a 5-3-2 formation and you'll have three completely different outcomes. Take Wilder from the Championship and Wilder from last season, same formation yet COMPLETELY DIFFERENT style of play.

A formation is just a few numbers next to one another. Which is why, personally, I'm not to fussed about what shape we play - its all about how we play.

He can do what he wants if it works, if it doesn't he'll be gone by Christmas so it will be irrelevant!

he's telling them
"whatever you do, do not sign for the Rust bucket imperial league team in south barnsley"

Back
Top Bottom