Besic

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Give Besic the shirt and Lunny a rest. If he picks up a load of booking then Lunny will be back after a few weeks recovery. If he doesn’t but his performances don’t cement his place then Lunny will be back after a few weeks recovery.
If he plays well, doesn’t pick up a load of unnecessary bookings, and nails the position down then it’s his until his performances drop.
It might be harsh on Lunny but that’s how it goes at the top, and it’s hardly surprising given he only played 12 games in total last season.

I would consider keeping lunny and starting besic over norwood.

Really disappointed in how aimless ollies passing was today 'hollywood' balls to no one - he isnt athletic enough to impact defensively and that why i would have lunny over norwood. Even when lunny is shit in possesion, defensively is like a rabid littlle terrier and causes the oppo all kinds of issues.
Wow ,this takes some beating in the shitpost league.

Wow ,this takes some beating in the shitpost league.

I must have been watching a different game, as I thought Norwood on the ball had an excellent 2nd half and was the best of a sub-par 3 1st half (Fleck improved more and was better overall than him by the end, Lundstram didn’t noticeably improve between halves). His first touch cross-field balls repeatedly gave us the urgency and precision our play had been lacking first half. He’s not anywhere close to being in the conversation about who should be rested.

I must have been watching a different game, as I thought Norwood on the ball had an excellent 2nd half and was the best of a sub-par 3 1st half. His first touch cross-field balls repeatedly gave us the urgency and precision our play had been lacking first half. He’s not anywhere close to being in the conversation about who should be rested.
Bring back Hammond and Baxter, jeez

Besic was great when he came on, as he has most of the time he has played this season. Would love to sign him permanently; he has captain material about him.

As for Lundstram, he has just looked a bit off recently, but was actually fine off the ball last night. Chased down and made some cracking tackles in the first half, so I don't buy the 'knackered' theory. His problems were on the ball. I have never seen him misplace so many passes or just lose possession at the first sign of a press.

Genuinely if you can, watch it again.
He was very impressive.
Even his crunching foul was at the right time, in the right area...and on the right man :)

Cheers. Just watched it back from the 70th minute or so when Besic came on (albeit with a two-year-old crawling all over me...).

I’ll stand by what I said a little bit. He gave away two free kicks in dangerous to dangerous-ish areas (the Lanzini free kick saved by Deano and the third Snodgrass one, which Haller headed down and over.) I think the Snodgrass one was a fair enough tactical foul as they were breaking and had a man over. Had they scored, though, I would have been annoyed that we conceded another free kick in the area they had looked so dangerous from twice before. I also got mildly irked when he was in a good position to play a ball across the six yard cross and he cut inside on his left and hit a game shot at the goalie. I feel like a) someone like Lunny would definitely have put a dangerous ball in, and b) it’s something I feel like I’ve seen Besic do before. I don’t feel we’ve seen him offer too much of an attacking threat.

That said, looking back, he was actually very impressive. I didn’t see him give the ball away once, and he was very calm, composed and assured in his passing, and definitely what we needed at that point.

Cheers

Fooks sake! ... I typed in Mo Besic into the search!
Anyway... For the second time... I want him signed on a permanent!

After our goal we struggled to find the right balance between being fired up and controlled. It was quite entertaining, but risky, and Besic brought a much needed calmness to our play with some neat passes and good defensive work.

Biggest question regarding Besic starting in Lundstram's role would be if he can get forward and chip in with assists and goals.

I was about to say similar.

I think Besic is better than Lundstram at the defensive side of things but Lundstram is better at the attacking side. When Besic gets anywhere near the opposition box he looks like a rabbit caught in the headlights.

Besic did a good job of settling us last night but he also gave away two fairly avoidable free kicks in dangerous positions.

Got to say, I loved how he hacked down Anderson when West Ham were breaking quickly.

The number of times Norwood and co haven't just smashed the player and taken the yellow to break up a dangerous attack this season. Djenepo immediately springs to mind for one.

There is a skill in knowing precisely when to be a shithouse - I reckon this lad has that in abundance 😁
Said exactly the same last night to my mate , a West Ham player did the same in first half stop the attack and flow and get reset
Good foul to give away

Without question, Besic deserves a run in the team. Fringe players need to see a clear route through to the first team if other players are out of form. Besic in my view has taken his chance with both hands.

Sign him, might not even cost a million. Then you have a loan spot for someone else.

Oh and he’s earned a start ahead of Lunny who’s been shit since the Villa game. I concur.

I think some of the criticism of Lunny on here is unfair, he has put in some excellent performances this year.

He had a couple of below standard games recently and looks (to me) in need of a rest.

Each time I’ve seen Besic, I’ve been impressed with what he offers. It’s good to have the competition for places. That being said, I see Lunny as more of a box to box type player, whereas Besic seems to be more of a defensive midfielder.

Sign him, might not even cost a million. Then you have a loan spot for someone else.

Oh and he’s earned a start ahead of Lunny who’s been shit since the Villa game. I concur.
A lot of people are saying we should sign him, but do we know that he's for sale? If he's proved / proving himself with us, won't that mean that Everton will want him back? You would have thought they need players that are playing well in teams that are doing much better than them.

A lot of people are saying we should sign him, but do we know that he's for sale? If he's proved / proving himself with us, won't that mean that Everton will want him back? You would have thought they need players that are playing well in teams that are doing much better than them.
Everton have had him for 5 years. They now have Ancelotti and much bigger aims than Mo Besic. Yes, they’ll sell.

Besic was excellent last night when he came on. He didn't give the ball away and looked calm in possession. I still think he's a red card waiting to happen though. 90 minutes without picking up 2 yellows with his style of play is a big risk. He's a great option to come off the bench though.

Everton have had him for 5 years. They now have Ancelotti and much bigger aims than Mo Besic. Yes, they’ll sell.
I’d agree and was talking to Classof85 about it yesterday. If he’s available for £7-8 million and would accept terms within our wage structure it’s a no brainer to tie it up this month and open up a loan spot.

I’d agree and was talking to Classof85 about it yesterday. If he’s available for £7-8 million and would accept terms within our wage structure it’s a no brainer to tie it up this month and open up a loan spot.

You’d be happy for us to spend £8m on him? Everton only paid £4m and considering he seems surplus to requirements there I don’t think they could expect to even get their money back, never mind make a profit.

You’d be happy for us to spend £8m on him? Everton only paid £4m and considering he seems surplus to requirements there I don’t think they could expect to even get their money back, never mind make a profit.
Yeah 6 years ago and the market has continued to inflate since then. £8 million for the deal was the very top of the suggested price range and I don’t think that’s a bad price for a 27 year old first teamer.
How much would you want for Lunny?

£7-8m seems steep when he’s been out on loan for 2/3 seasons. He’s hardly been in their first team plans for ages - so they must be keen to offload.

£7-8m seems steep when he’s been out on loan for 2/3 seasons. He’s hardly been in their first team plans for ages - so they must be keen to offload.
If he’s available for less then it’s even more of a no brainer. There is also the cost of doing this now rather than the summer as it’s in our interest to free up a loan spot. Of course he’ll be cheaper in the summer but there could be more competition.

Back
Top Bottom