Besic

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I am not sold on Besic. I think we need better. Sorry.
But, I do agree that Lunny has been struggling as of late.
Oh come on.
Even if you didnt see what I saw you must at least want him to get a run of games before you decide that.
Coming on as sub is a complete different role to starting.

I like his cameos but I think he's earned a start now, especially with how leggy Lundstam seems.

The moment Besic came on we looked calm in possession, retained the ball and stopped hoofing it. Moose and Oli then linked nicely. Moose should’ve notched.
Couple of decent saves by Hendo.
We tried out best to mess it up late but were saved by a VAR call that was harsh on them, but we re long over due one!
Lundy mightve lost his shirt tonight.... wasn't at the races.

I’ll watch it back, but I wasn’t quite as impressed on first viewing. I think he looks very decent and I’d be up for him playing a bit more, but I thought at times he was less composed in the attacking third and too hasty when sliding in.

The booking was measured. He went for a 5% chance ball knowing that he had to stop their attack. Did it in a way, from behind, which would never be more than a booking.

My biggest concern with his is discipline, but so far he's looked much more composed and level-headed than I expected.

That tackle by Besic!, more than Lunny did all game, in less than 4seconds!!!

The Lunny who took (most of) us by surprise in the first third of the season was a top Prem player. The Lunny who has played the last handful of games has reverted to the player most of us thought wasn’t good enough for the Champ.

On current form, Besic in! By a stretch.

I would consider keeping lunny and starting besic over norwood.

Really disappointed in how aimless ollies passing was today 'hollywood' balls to no one - he isnt athletic enough to impact defensively and that why i would have lunny over norwood. Even when lunny is shit in possesion, defensively is like a rabid littlle terrier and causes the oppo all kinds of issues.

Besic was outstanding when he came on did absolutely everything right even his yellow card was needed to calm west ham the fuck down and scare them.
Rubbish, check the stats over the season and youll see that Norwood out of all the players in the squad wins it back the most

Lundstram has his worst game for us tonight, thought him and fleck were as bad as each other first half, Fleck did well 2nd half and Lundstram carried on as per first half.

Besic seemed to calm things down and also gave Anderson the whack that he’d be asking for since minute 1. Well done lad.

Rubbish, check the stats over the season and youll see that Norwood out of all the players in the squad wins it back the most. The point on physical is nothing more than a meme. You either have an agenda or don't understand how good he actually is.

Lundstram also had a couple of great tackles to be fair.
He also had several very poor ones to be really fair, and some terrible passes, and some half arsed runs, but, il give it to him, he wore his shirt well.

I would consider keeping lunny and starting besic over norwood.

Really disappointed in how aimless ollies passing was today 'hollywood' balls to no one - he isnt athletic enough to impact defensively and that why i would have lunny over norwood. Even when lunny is shit in possesion, defensively is like a rabid littlle terrier and causes the oppo all kinds of issues.

Besic was outstanding when he came on did absolutely everything right even his yellow card was needed to calm west ham the fuck down and scare them.

Ate you serious?? He is number 1 in every single stat for a midfielder at the club , tackles won, pass percentage and chances created

We like what we see. Time to test Everton with a bid for him. They won't want him now they've got a high profile manager and loads of money.

Rubbish, check the stats over the season and youll see that Norwood out of all the players in the squad wins it back the most

Just checked them and you are right they are better, norwood has 3rd most tackles compared to lunny who is 4th.

Lunny does press more, is more athletic and is more aggressive in the chase + his offensive play is better

After our goal we struggled to find the right balance between being fired up and controlled. It was quite entertaining, but risky, and Besic brought a much needed calmness to our play with some neat passes and good defensive work.

Biggest question regarding Besic starting in Lundstram's role would be if he can get forward and chip in with assists and goals.

Ate you serious?? He is number 1 in every single stat for a midfielder at the club , tackles won, pass percentage and chances created

Just checked and appears that infact defensively he has better stats but looks like lunny has better offensive stats. I do think lunny is more tenacious, athletic and aggresive in his pressing though. And tonight norwood was very wasteful

Back
Top Bottom