Berge

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I wonder if Berge would be keener to sign a new contract with us than Ndiaye, as Berge’s injury record isn’t great, and I’d assume no player wants to be in a position of picking up a really serious injury problem with only a few months’ contract remaining.

I wonder if Berge would be keener to sign a new contract with us than Ndiaye, as Berge’s injury record isn’t great, and I’d assume no player wants to be in a position of picking up a really serious injury problem with only a few months’ contract remaining.
Also wonder if one of them extending would convince the other to do so… if Berge saw Ndiaye extend he may be more inclined to stick around.

What’s all this about?

If nowt to do with the club and nowt to do with Berges agent then who the fk is it to do with?

Either somebody else close to Sander or the far more likely version some fucking fantasist moonlighting as an agent. Wasn’t there some story about a bloke doing that pretending the represent players when it wasn’t true but because clubs get hounded by so many different agents all the time it took a while for him to be rumbled.

Either somebody else close to Sander or the far more likely version some fucking fantasist moonlighting as an agent. Wasn’t there some story about a bloke doing that pretending the represent players when it wasn’t true but because clubs get hounded by so many different agents all the time it took a while for him to be rumbled.
Norway’s manager?

The rumours are flying in now

Think it's still just the same source from Teamtalk though. I would be surprised if we're considering selling him now to be honest, given we've kept him this long, we're now back in the PL and he's one of our best players so surely now is the time to keep him even if he does walk next summer. On the same basis we'd be wanting to sell Ndiaye but no mention of that, although maybe the board view Ndiaye as irreplaceable, which he is, more so than Berge.

I wouldn't have an issue if we sold Berge providyit was for the right amount and it was reinvested back in the team. That said, I'm happy to have the lad stay with us for another season as hes a likeable fella and has never caused any issues.

So easy about it either way, provided we get a very good price if he goes. Ndiaye however I'd a different kettle of fish. He has to stay for this season at least.

What’s all this about?

If nowt to do with the club and nowt to do with Berges agent then who the fk is it to do with?

Sounds exactly like the thing that bloody Norwegian manager would do. Maybe he should prioritise focusing on why he lost against Scotland despite having the hottest player in the world on his side!

Despite not knowing what our board are actually up to. If they aren't trying their best to get sander and Iliman on improved new deals (perhaps with low release caveats) then they are utter incompetent.

As for this rumour of a 3rd party touting him around. Could it be his previous club or someone who benefits from a move?

If its the Norwegian manager the guy is a prick. It's almost like as a club we ran over his boyhood pet or something.

The hotels of Sheffield will be getting some of Berge’s money again this summer I see, he’s spent more time being subject to speculation than he has in the squad since he joined!

I wouldn't have an issue if we sold Berge providyit was for the right amount and it was reinvested back in the team.

This works for me, except it extends to the entirety of the squad, coaching staff, the tea lady, Garyoke, Fallowfield, everyone has their price

I'd hope we could squeeze out more than £10m for Berge.
You'd push for £15m and probably land somewhere like £12/13m, maybe with some add-ons and a sell-on included.

I've said for a while I think we'd be best served selling him and bringing in midfield reinforcements on permanent deals.

Said elsewhere, selling Berge might get us 60/70% of the way towards bringing in O'Brien and Choudhury.

The thing with Berge is that he's clearly a very good player but he hardly ever plays to his actual ability.

I'd hope we could squeeze out more than £10m for Berge.
You'd push for £15m and probably land somewhere like £12/13m, maybe with some add-ons and a sell-on included.

I've said for a while I think we'd be best served selling him and bringing in midfield reinforcements on permanent deals.

Said elsewhere, selling Berge might get us 60/70% of the way towards bringing in O'Brien and Choudhury.
I'd say *might not. £10-£13m gets you fuck all.

Back
Top Bottom