CONFIRMED Berge to Burnley

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

He was never appreciated enough by United fans. A quality player we were very lucky to watch. Maybe he didn’t do it consistently enough but he could do things other players in our team couldn’t. He’s been a big loss this year.
Some of us thought he was our second best player behind Ndayie the whole time....

I hope he's more impressed with Mcgoldrick commenting on his social media post than Haaland.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231223-203805_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20231223-203805_Instagram.jpg
    360.5 KB · Views: 221
Souza to me seems more comparable to Berge.
Ndiaye (obv) was something else.
Hamer also has rare qualities about him, can do a bit of everything at the top level.

Some of us thought he was our second best player behind Ndayie the whole time....
Odd bunch some of our lot

When he was here he was a useless lump who couldnt jump, head, sprint, tackle or take hold of a game, waste of money

Now he’s gone he’s a huge loss, better than anyone we have left, 2nd behind Ndaiye , like the love love child of Cryuff and maradona

IMO he is a lovely silky player to watch

However in the modern game a midfielder has to cover ground, defend, attack, incisively pass and do 12km a game - he’s about 20 years too young.

I think Hamer is a more complete player now, and Souza will prove to be

Odd bunch some of our lot

When he was here he was a useless lump who couldnt jump, head, sprint, tackle or take hold of a game, waste of money

Now he’s gone he’s a huge loss, better than anyone we have left, 2nd behind Ndaiye , like the love love child of Cryuff and maradona

IMO he is a lovely silky player to watch

However in the modern game a midfielder has to cover ground, defend, attack, incisively pass and do 12km a game - he’s about 20 years too young.

I think Hamer is a more complete player now, and Souza will prove to be
Maybe it's different people saying those things
There is a fair few of us

Sure it was galling to see, especially as we could have done without Burnley winning but let's be right here. Like others have said, he turned out good performances for us every now and again, often resulting in a lot of "that's it Berge, keep doing that" only for him to revert back to his cautious play the very next game. How many times did he glide past someone and we wondered why he couldn't do that week in, week out rather that 1.5 times every 4 games?

If he puts out similar performances for the next few games for them, then I'll be annoyed. Right now, he's on the con bit of inCONsisTEnt.

Whoever was saying this is a brainless moron. Even his biggest critics I’m sure would have said he’s clearly got talent but is inconsistent. He did many good things during his time with us, he just didn’t do it every week but flair players rarely do. If they could produce the skills week in week out they wouldn’t be at Sheffield United or Burnley.

Never rated him. Think we've upgraded for sure.
Were only talking about because he's scored a goal.
How many goals is it since he's been here in the UK? 13 goals in four years.
The biggest if only player ever. Wait till he's had a full pre season, wait till he's recovered from his injury etc etc.

Would have preferred if Berge would have stayed because he did have some good traits- but for a big lad quite pathetic at tackling and heading to the point of being cringeworthy.

On the don't want to see him go OMETER- he was a 6, on the same scale Ndiaye was a straight 10 i.e no comparison in the loss.

He played well vs Fulham before when we spanked them 4-0.

He would seemingly play well when we played well.

But I don’t think he was a player that made us play well if that doesn’t sound daft!

Back
Top Bottom