Ben Osborn

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Great performance. Not his only one by the way. Much underrated. His bad games have mostly been when returning after Injury, taking games to get up to speed. No leeway is given on S2 for not being match fit though!
If someone could teach him to occasionally receive the ball on the wing, run to the by line and cross, instead of always checking back he would be some player. Even if the cross is blocked it'd likely get us a corner or throw in.

He’s a tidy player with a good delivery both from dead ball and open play. Also a fantastic work ethic. Gives 100% every time which is supposedly “all we ask”.

He’ll come unstuck sometimes against big lads or pace given his stature but that’s football.

Let’s give it a rest making him a scapegoat, eh?/
This

I know many think Osborn isn't good enough and I agree he has his limitations.

But what Osborn brings is what we are lacking right now tbh. Movement off the ball and a desire to run forwards and back with actual aggression. He tries to link up play and make himself available to the player on the ball. He showed this against Spurs but also in recent sub appearances.

Too many of our players aren't showing for the ball regularly enough or quickly enough. When it's obvious the ball is going to Norwood and our strikers aren't making good enough runs, we look flat.

If more players played with Osborn's energy, we would look a lot more dangerous. If he's fit, I'd play him over Lowe or even in midfield.

I hope he’s back in the squad soon.
I saw him sat in South Stand vs Luton and he was urging the team on.

But what Osborn brings is what we are lacking right now tbh. Movement off the ball and a desire to run forwards and back with actual aggression. He tries to link up play and make himself available to the player on the ball. He showed this against Spurs but also in recent sub appearances.

Too many of our players aren't showing for the ball regularly enough or quickly enough. When it's obvious the ball is going to Norwood and our strikers aren't making good enough runs, we look flat.

If more players played with Osborn's energy, we would look a lot more dangerous. If he's fit, I'd play him over Lowe or even in midfield.

Bizarre to think 2 of the 3 midfielders that started against Spurs are now injured.

Osborn is a useful utility player at this level.

I’m not 100% sure he is worth a new contract as a Premier League squad member as he can be potentially not quite good enough at many positions.

That said, it depends on recruitment if we were to go up. If you go for quality over quantity then he is a senior pro with some know how but you can’t expect more than a 5 or 6 out of 10 at the next level.

Hecky seems to like him though and he would have proved his worth the last few matches with Lowe being a little patchy in form. Norrington-Davies is undisputedly a more definitive starter though.

Speaking of RND and Brewster taking time to get them recovered it seems. I know we thought it might do but still.
Both got injured around October time. 5 months down the line and not heard they are close yet.

Ben Osborn pops up at #5 in a very niche top 10 of distance covered per 90 in the premier league since 2019-20.

Not much of a surprise really, no doubt boosted by a lot of hard-working shifts as substitute where his average distance doesn't have much chance to drop off.

1699521061099.png

Ben Osborn pops up at #5 in a very niche top 10 of distance covered per 90 in the premier league since 2019-20.

Not much of a surprise really, no doubt boosted by a lot of hard-working shifts as substitute where his average distance doesn't have much chance to drop off.

View attachment 174340
Those figures for James Milner are extremely impressive.

These stats always make me laugh. Fucking pointless. In a game, sometimes the best thing to do is to stand still.

These stats always make me laugh. Fucking pointless. In a game, sometimes the best thing to do is to stand still.

That would explain why Manchester City spent £100m on traffic cones this summer to improve their starting lineup, as pressing the opposition is a pointless endeavour 😒

That would explain why Manchester City spent £100m on traffic cones this summer to improve their starting lineup, as pressing the opposition is a pointless endeavour 😒
Yes, let's have 10 Ben Osborn's running around like twats.

Back
Top Bottom