Ben Osborn

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Set against that is the fact he reads The Guardian, which makes him a bit of a suspicious oddball, almost in the Graeme Le Saux category :)
Can’t remember if it was Callum Robinson or Jayden Bogle (or somebody else) who labelled Ben Osborn the cleverest man in the squad because he ‘reads books’

I mean it’s not much but I guess that would make you stand out amongst modern day professional footballers.

Can’t remember if it was Callum Robinson or Jayden Bogle (or somebody else) who labelled Ben Osborn the cleverest man in the squad because he ‘reads books’

I mean it’s not much but I guess that would make you stand out amongst modern day professional footballers.
Robinson and McBurnie, I think...

Maybe here?

I also believe that Ben's injury record (and talent!?!) isn't half as bad as it's made out to be. As most have said, he always gives 100% with anything Wilder asks him to do. With the amount of players out of contract this summer, added to the fact that he's being given more responsibility by CW, like taking corner etc, I can only see that his contract will be one that Chris will want to extend asap, so he has a reliable, versatile member of the squad nailed on, so he can concentrate his time and effort elsewhere.

Injuries or not, you can't let everyone leave. Osborn is at least not going to restrict the wages you offer to players in more important roles.

It's not ideal as he's started picking up hamstring injuries which tend to become a 'thing'.

Injuries or not, you can't let everyone leave. Osborn is at least not going to restrict the wages you offer to players in more important roles.

It's not ideal as he's started picking up hamstring injuries which tend to become a 'thing'.

Everyone is picking up hamstring injuries. I think even I have a hamstring injury this season.

I’ve had to have my hamstring grafted on to my quads after I tripped over the dog and smashed my leg so it was dangling from the knee. It’s the Blades way.
Bloody hell, he's turned on the fans!

10c2219e13210c262c7a529f10f0e750.gif

That sounds grim, hope you're on the mend.

I think I must be cracking up! I don’t rate him at all. A squad player who can run around abit! I remember him being mediocre in the championship last season. I might have to put my tin hat on but for me they should get rid.

We shouldn’t be entertaining the idea of letting him leave. He’s a solid 6 or 7 out of 10 wherever he plays & we won’t be getting an able replacement without spending cash we don’t have. He won’t be on a big contract & is a reliable backup for wherever we need him.

2 year extension as a minimum for me.

I think I must be cracking up! I don’t rate him at all. A squad player who can run around abit! I remember him being mediocre in the championship last season. I might have to put my tin hat on but for me they should get rid.
That’s the thing he can run a lot. If he has a good game he gives you energy and a quality performance. If he has a bad game he gives you great energy.

He is another player that looks a lot better with Wilder than with Hecky.

Yes, but you can mitigate the problem by not handing out contracts to injury prone players.
You are assuming an injury that might or might not occur to any previously Injured player? Do we deny a contract to everyone who has been injured at SUFC, or just Osborn? Do we then buy or loan any other player from any other club, only if he has never been injured?

Osborn has a value. If we don’t pay him, someone else will.
The same is true of Norwood. Keep or sell?
The same, with injury caveats apply to Egan, Basham and Baldock.

Thank fuck I’m not the manager.

Word of praise for Osborne tonight - as well as being one of our most consistent, versatile players he also showed that he has one of the most intelligent footballing brains with that perfect cut back to BBD. On the rare occasion that we do get to the byeline these days, we can never usually lay it back and pick out an oncoming teammate but Ozzie did it perfectly tonight and not for the first time. Excellent work by Hamer as well who has appeared to be improving his fitness the last few games.

Word of praise for Osborne tonight - as well as being one of our most consistent, versatile players he also showed that he has one of the most intelligent footballing brains with that perfect cut back to BBD. On the rare occasion that we do get to the byeline these days, we can never usually lay it back and pick out an oncoming teammate but Ozzie did it perfectly tonight and not for the first time. Excellent work by Hamer as well who has appeared to be improving his fitness the last few games.
On the other hand , being so diminutive , if played at LB , he gets dominated , his little left peg can't clear his lines.
I lost count of the number of times he had to cut inside when faced by the winger and once he starts running across the pitch , being so left footed , he can't make a forward pass so just runs into trouble.
He is such a trier it's hard to dislike him but he is severely limited by his stature - maybe keep him , but deffo not as a starter when the midfield 3 needs to be Blaster , Hamer and a tall athletic type who is not the c*nt Souza.

Sad indictment of where we are as a football club that he is still considered a must keep in some quarters for next season
Very much so and kinda tells us which half of the Championship we'll be competing in next season.
If Wilder overhauls this squad and gets us anywhere near the Play offs I will be amazed.

Back
Top Bottom