Ben Osborn congratulations

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Whether he’s fully fit or not, you don’t drop someone for playing well. Sends out the wrong message.
It's a fair point but if Wilder has a fully fit Fleck available he's picking him in front of Osborn imo, regardless of how well Osborn is performing. For clarity it's not something I agree with doing but think it's what will happen.

Don’t know whether it’s been said but I’d play Stevens at LCB and Osborn left wing back until Jack is ready to return

In front of a fully fit Fleck, arguably our player of the season? He had a great game and I'm pleased for the lad but let's not get carried away.

Fleck is out for a while, in terms of this season maybe that's it for him. If he can get back then Fleck, as good as he is, needs a few games to get his sharpness and game pace back up. He hasn't looked himself post restart, due to needing that game time... now with this latest knock back... and what games are left???

Osborn looked 'on it' last night... and thats what Tufty wants, the squad to step up when needed, get the shirt, then its up to the usual incumbent to win it back, regardless of their status.
I'm a big Fleck fan, but for the squad philosophy to work, there can be no shoe-ins!

He's been a revelation. A few cameos, then boom! Absolute quality player, doesn’t look out of place in this here Premier League at all.
There’s players in this division who cost 10 times what Osborn costs who if they have bad games in possession you might as well take them off. I never even contemplated that today with Osborn, the shift he puts in is incredible it’s like defending with 12 men. That interception to stop a counter late on was top drawer

He wasn’t great on the ball but even when that happens he’s absolutely all over the place defensively (in a good way). He’s fucking everywhere. What a shift he’s put in again.

Was up there for me and could have pretty much won us the game at the end. The interception when wolves was breaking was brilliant we was so far upfront if that had made it's way through we could have been in trouble and then to keep it in and build up the pressure again was brilliant. Not sure if that was the move that lead to the corner or not cant remember but he was really good tonight for me and is showing our squad is actually a lot stronger than we all originally thought.

It just shows what a weird game football can be.

A few weeks ago everyone had written off Ben Osborn as being a squad player and no where good enough for the 1st team
but now he looks comfortable and at home in the Premier Lesgue. Well done Ben.

Thought he had another great game, my Man of the Match tonight.

Was up there for me and could have pretty much won us the game at the end. The interception when wolves was breaking was brilliant we was so far upfront if that had made it's way through we could have been in trouble and then to keep it in and build up the pressure again was brilliant.
^^^Absolutely this. What an interception that was.

He worked hard, but I don't think I saw what you lot did. Looks too lightweight & didn't use the ball very well. For me, himself & Stevens were our two weakest players tonight.

Certainly can't knock his attitude, but Luke Freeman is still our best backup for that position from what I've seen.

Great lad to have in the squad though.
Specsavers

Amongst the top 3 man of the match contestants for me. He was told to keep Traore quiet and he did. Superb industry from the lad & he's really helping Enda Stevens out with the defensive work.

I don't think he was too bad with the ball either. Guilty, along with the whole team, of being wasteful with his deliveries but he'll do for me. He made it impossible for them to play down that right hand side.

Jack O'Connell was a class act tonight too.

His work rate and effort are second to non, he just hasn't the same attacking threat as Fleck for me personally, but he certainly has the capability and maybe just needs more game time in the system, in that position. What a player we have though and he will definitely get more game time from this going forwards no matter what happens with Fleck.

He's quick as well. When Wolves broke in the 1st half with that good move and Jack had to foul the player one edge of our area Osborne was absolutely sprinting back and would have caught the player if Jack hadn't fouled him.

Back
Top Bottom