Ben Davies

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

That is exactly my point. :)

But it wasn't framed like that, was it MB? You mission was to one-nil me, not to illustrate that point. You alluded to this the next day in your reply to alco whereby you mentioned you took a 'certain poster' to task about a matter, like you'd bent one in from thirty yards or summat. As Darren says, it's a shit argument, and one not worth trawling the past to get the fucking lat and long about, and certainly not one that warrants your 'biding your time' like you are some to-be-feared, universal internet know-it-all with an .xls regarding every conversation you have had on this board in the last few years. That's kinda creepy if you ask me. If you want your pyrrhic victory MB - take it. I judged Blackman wrong. I care little about that in itself - your continued defence of it across three threads shows you won't back off or let it lie. Pinchy (the catalyst of the other night) has made his peace now, so for every one's sake, why don't we just put this one to bed now for good and move the fuck on, and please stop making inflammatory comments about it, eh?

UTB

pommpey

But it wasn't framed like that, was it MB? You mission was to one-nil me, not to illustrate that point. You alluded to this the next day in your reply to alco whereby you mentioned you took a 'certain poster' to task about a matter, like you'd bent one in from thirty yards or summat. As Darren says, it's a shit argument, and one not worth trawling the past to get the fucking lat and long about, and certainly not one that warrants your 'biding your time' like you are some to-be-feared, universal internet know-it-all with an .xls regarding every conversation you have had on this board in the last few years. That's kinda creepy if you ask me. If you want your pyrrhic victory MB - take it. I judged Blackman wrong. I care little about that in itself - your continued defence of it across three threads shows you won't back off or let it lie. Pinchy (the catalyst of the other night) has made his peace now, so for every one's sake, why don't we just put this one to bed now for good and move the fuck on, and please stop making inflammatory comments about it, eh?

UTB

pommpey

You clearly come across as the type that doesn't like to be proved wrong. Well done for admitting you were wrong about Blackman though.

I never set out to one-nil you. I never even set out to pick a fight with you. It just happened to dawn on me that it was you that slagged Blackman off after a couple of games as you were now doing about Higdon. My attempt was to draw to your attention that you can't judge too early.

Not sure what inflammatory comments you mean :-/

I also said to draw a line under it last night - http://s24su.com/forum/index.php?threads/new-striker.36051/page-4#post-649988

My main reason for not "letting it lie" is that you struggled to offer constructive responses and chose to patronise and belittle. Ironically now it is my quoting of your belittling comments that are offending you

Last edited:
mattbianco1 , pommpey, end of please?

Let's all take a leaf out of Pinchy's book uh? Sometimes a good forum scrap is worth prolonging, but this one has definitely run it's course.

By all means agree to disagree, it's what the forum's here for, but save it for another topic, please?

As said. I tried to leave it last night.

pommpey??

hands-shaking.jpg

He's done well. I wouldn't pick him though as I think the balance of the side isn't as good with him in it. Think we need two wingers capable of going past people.

Performances need to improve. Clough knows it and is still searching for that right balance. The changing team selections show that. Some players have performed better individually than others, but Davies (and everyone else) has to perform well individually in a team that's working collectively to prove that he should be a definite first choice.

If we've got Ben Davies and JCR on the wings all we need is ched upfront cos them to have put good crosses in the box we all know what ched can do in front of goal. Win on Saturday then I think we can win the league

Performances need to improve. Clough knows it and is still searching for that right balance. The changing team selections show that. Some players have performed better individually than others, but Davies (and everyone else) has to perform well individually in a team that's working collectively to prove that he should be a definite first choice.

Think you're right Bergs. Clough may have started the season with a pretty good idea of what his first choice 11 was, but injuries and poor form have left him searching for not only the right players but the right system. Davies is solid and reliable and generally consistent, and although he may only be in the team until others find form or gain fitness, he'll stay until that happens. The return to fitness of Scougall will also complicate things tactics and formation wise.

Murphy and JCR on the wings ,Ched and Higdon in the middle ,loads of goals. Doyle and wallace protecting and prompting from the middle in front of Alcock-Collins-Magahey-Harris ,and Howard saving them all. Flynn ,MaCevelley, Turner ,Baxter ,McNulty ,Scougall and Basgam to make a really strong bench. Porter ,McGinn,Willis and Reed as back up. Promotion team.

Murphy and JCR on the wings ,Ched and Higdon in the middle ,loads of goals. Doyle and wallace protecting and prompting from the middle in front of Alcock-Collins-Magahey-Harris ,and Howard saving them all. Flynn ,MaCevelley, Turner ,Baxter ,McNulty ,Scougall and Basgam to make a really strong bench. Porter ,McGinn,Willis and Reed as back up. Promotion team.

As that reads sitters it looks a decent proposition, Evans being the question mark of course - if he signs, then if he has something of the old Ched about him, and then whether he'll be considered by Clough. Still have a niggly doubt about the absence of Scoogs or Baxter, think we need that element of inspiration that either can provide, but a good lineup all the same

The inspiration would come from the wings ,with two targets in the middle or Evans picking it up deeper .

The inspiration would come from the wings ,with two targets in the middle or Evans picking it up deeper .

I'll trust your foresight sitters. If the players are willing then it could do the trick, but with that lot there's the potential for more. I'd switch Davies for McGinn though, think Davies' nous would be invaluable.

I think we are having to rely Davies to create and score goals at the moment.

Sods law we start getting injuries now.

There was more to it than that. We were basically discussing how shit Higdon is/isn't. I then raised the point that he had been wrong about Nick Blackman before (in the shoutbox, during a game of which he later scored). I then got bombarded with abuse etc. for having a stupidly long memory.

"Matt's memory is long, what a geek" - now that is a good argument :rolleyes:
It's not that long.
You don't remember pretending your current avatar was "a blade."
Or maybe it is a selective long memory......

It's not that long.
You don't remember pretending your current avatar was "a blade."
Or maybe it is a selective long memory......

I can't remember who it was.. Probably Charlie Webster.

I had changed it then somebody said where's the other gone so changed it back within a few hours

I proved this to you a while back..

Back in May.. 23rd/24th if memory serves me right ;)

Fck right off - you proved absolutely nowt!
Your first response today admitted you can't remember- I on the other hand can remember.
All you did then was Brush it under the carpet like now.
I sent you the link to the original thread.
Cos I mentioned Chelsea's Physio - you were all "at least mines a blade" - bollox.
It definitely was your current avatar - I have a faultless memory for tits.
And you were having all & sundry believe you knew her as a blade.
BS sir!

I fart in your general direction.

Fck right off - you proved absolutely nowt!
Your first response today admitted you can't remember- I on the other hand can remember.
All you did then was Brush it under the carpet like now.
I sent you the link to the original thread.
Cos I mentioned Chelsea's Physio - you were all "at least mines a blade" - bollox.
It definitely was your current avatar - I have a faultless memory for tits.
And you were having all & sundry believe you knew her as a blade.
BS sir!

I fart in your general direction.

I'm not havin it. I said "mines a blade" and someone else said "where's the other gone". So I changed it back. You must have seen it after the changes.

I'm not havin it. I said "mines a blade" and someone else said "where's the other gone". So I changed it back. You must have seen it after the changes.

You're a BS merchant and you know it.

You'll be telling me next your views on black goalkeepers were taken out of context....

Back
Top Bottom