Bashams arriving

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

After the injury today, it was really hard to care much about the rest of the game at all. We could have lost by 7, or more unlikely, gone on to win it and it wouldnt really have registered much. Horrible thing to have to witness. Having replays gruesomely focus on it was disgusting.
Feels like that Friday night game against Burton Albion all over again. We went top of the league (until the next day) and it didn't mean anything because of that challenge on Coutts which broke his leg quite badly.

Back to the sentiment of the post, I’m absolutely gutted. I couldn’t give a toss about the result. Bash was one of the class of 2016-2020 who made us so fucking proud to follow this club, coming from nowhere to be an absolute stalwart. Felt like shedding a tear when I saw what happened, one of the worst injuries i’ve ever seen on a football pitch. If that’s the last we see of him it’s a tragedy, but we will never ever forget what the lad has given us.

How can a fistbump be ‘gay’ and how’s that a compliment (assuming that’s the opposite of an insult?)
Just put gay fist pump into your search engine and see what it brings up. In my case my breakfast mainly.

This debate is completely out of place in this post, and it's very boring.

Get well soon Bash, and thanks for your many years great service to the club. It's been a joy to watch you.
Sorry dad. I won't do it again, promise.

Whitehouse at Vale.
Coutts at Burton.
Bash at Fulham.

Injuries on a football pitch that go way way beyond just losing a player for a period of time.

Not particularly arsed about losing him as a footballer, it's almost irrelevant, just wish him all the very best on a human level for a full and complete recovery.

Whitehouse at Vale.
Coutts at Burton.
Bash at Fulham.

Injuries on a football pitch that go way way beyond just losing a player for a period of time.

Not particularly arsed about losing him as a footballer, it's almost irrelevant, just wish him all the very best on a human level for a full and complete recovery.
Hockey, Macalister, Smith.

Absolutely gutted for Bash. Probably my all time favourite player. Strong, deceptively good with the ball sometimes (I love his tactic of looking like he's about to lose control, then somehow coming away from 2 players still with the ball at his feet) and seems to really, genuinely love the club. I really, truly hope he can somehow play again, though I'm doubtful given the severity of the injury at his age :(

A true servant to the club, and for me a real all-time Blades legend. He deserves to walk off the pitch for the final time at the end of his career with his head held high, and the crowd singing his name.

Get well soon Bashambauer. We're all rooting for you ♥️

Oh fucking hell, gay is a thing you know, its not an insult, in fact its the opposite, what fucking world are we going into. Sorry to have offended you. Wow.
The world has moved on pal, mouthy wankers who randomly spout "gay!" every time they hear someone say something they find "woke" in conversation,
they get called out for their bigotry, and then they either learn to STFU or they get shut down! Where do you think, your randomly calling something "gay" is heading, Sitwell?

The world has moved on pal, mouthy wankers who randomly spout "gay!" every time they hear someone say something they find "woke" in conversation,
they get called out for their bigotry, and then they either learn to STFU or they get shut down! Where do you think, your randomly calling something "gay" is heading, Sitwell?
I answer to mouthy wanker actually.

Get well soon Chris Basham. A genuinely all time great contributor.

And for the record:

View attachment 172694

When I've spoke to neutrals about Basham they'll say, he's good but what's the big deal....he's not that good,

I tell them you don't realise his story.
He came to us with a decent reputation but I was always underwhelmed by him in league 1.
Very similar attributes to Ben Osborne, we only bought him because he was versatile, playing loads of positions so he could fill in for injuries.
Thought Basham was average for us league 1 under Adkins as centre back, but also decent iin midfielder and as right back too.

We've seen in the pre-season training vides Basham has the best stamina at the club, he's like a long distance runner.
So Wilder comes up with this plan to say to Basham, you start as right sided centre back but we want you to push forward into a midfield and also help
Baldock in the wing back/ right backs positions, working as a team and filling in for him as right back if Baldock is caught out up field.

So Bash was effectively playing 3 positions in the same match and he was brilliant at it. O'Connell was brilliant at it too, hence our incredible success.
They couldn't handle him in the Championship and for a season he excelled in the Primer League too.

He has so much to feel proud about. Always gives 100%. A credit to Sheffield United and his family.
Just for that away goal at Leeds puts him the legendary bracket but it's his journey that makes him special.

There’s obviously no doubt, it was an absolutely awful injury to suffer, but if there’s any consolation, I don’t think there’s a better location in the UK for it to have happened.

I’ll wager the available medical facilities in West London are far superior and better equipped for such an event, than many other UK locations.

Its amazing that it doesnt happen more often, there was nothing untoward or unusual about it.
On the contrary. I have seen that clip many many times. Hell of a run by Bash to get there. Great awareness by Billy to put it on a plate for him too.

Bash seemed genuinely surprised by such a gilt edged chance. He tucked it away very nicely, and I can tell by his slightly stilted celebration, that he does not do that too often, but having scored such a great goal, he knows that he’s expected to celebrate it.

I get why anyone might call that a bit gay with genuine affection. Bash gets a warm fuzzy feeling scoring that goal. Not something he does every week.
He’s definitely not used to doing that every week, but the finish was an unpolished gem, that happens all too rarely and the bloke who did it suddenly realised, he was required to celebrate it.

A lovely memory. One of many. 🤗

just wonder if bashams more than likely career ending injury might just galvanise our players in to better performances with more fight and commitment what a tribute to bash if they could somehow get us out of this hole abdullah has dug for us 🤔

just wonder if bashams more than likely career ending injury might just galvanise our players in to better performances with more fight and commitment what a tribute to bash if they could somehow get us out of this hole abdullah has dug for us 🤔

It's a firm No if the second half of Saturday is owt to go by...

Love Bash, as well as his famous goal at Leeds my other favorite Bash moment actually happened on the same pitch that he likely ended his career. Bash had got forward looking to create a chance in the Fulham box in the 1-0 Championship win, the hosts break quickly and are away when all of a sudden out of nowhere appears Bash with a perfectly timed tackle...that lung-busting run summed the guy up for me.

Get well soon Bash.

Not here to cause trouble mate...that was horrific what happened to him Saturday and wish him a speedy recovery...I remember Ian Knight having his leg smashed by that nutter from Chester In mid 80s....fair play to Tim ream much respect for him for being with him

Gary Bennett.

I can remember going on a school trip in the 80's (against my will, and I wore my United tracksuit), and we saw Ian Knight training alone on an exercise bike in the gym at Hillsborough. A while later he came over and came and met us all, and fielded loads of inane questions.

If I remember correctly the whole trip was organised by Steve Adams.

Gary Bennett.

I can remember going on a school trip in the 80's (against my will, and I wore my United tracksuit), and we saw Ian Knight training alone on an exercise bike in the gym at Hillsborough. A while later he came over and came and met us all, and fielded loads of inane questions.

If I remember correctly the whole trip was organised by Steve Adams.
Gary Bennett that's him a totally nob and meant his challenge on Knight.....I'm hoping it's not the end of bashams career but will be difficult to come back from that injury

Back
Top Bottom