Bash....

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Torrix1889

A reight Bobby Dazzler
Reaction score
Out of form or....busted flush....?

As much as I love him and he is a legend he's becoming a liability....and making Egan do Egan things because he's constantly covering his arse.

No choice but to play him at the moment and hope the old Bash reappears..

Out of form I’d say, but also now second choice RCB whenever Anel is fit.

It’s an obvious criticism when the first choice is much better to look at bash and say he’s not good enough though. Anel has highlighted that.

As much as I love him and he is a legend he's becoming a liability....and making Egan do Egan things because he's constantly covering his arse.

Still plenty of life in the old lad yet. Got run under the ball a few times and clumsily slashed at a couple but can still do a job for us. Worryingly him and Norwood will take some replacing.

Unfortunately I'd say he's vindicating the club's decision to prioritise signing another RCB in the summer

Well done club

He was poor last season and it has just carried on. In fairness, if everyone was fit the plan was to be a 3 of Clark, Egan and Anel so he'd just be backup.

He's always been a bit weak defensively but made up for it going forward. That element has gradually retreated.

I think under Wilder Bash looked most dangerous going forward without the ball a lot of the time. Defences didn't now whose job it was to pick Bash up and he either created space for other players or got the ball In good forward positions under little pressure. Now Hecky has tweaked the system there seems a lot more pressure to have the centre halves carry the ball out from deep and pick passes which is clearly not Bash's strength. He probably has regressed slightly in the last 18 months and comparing him to Anel has highlighted this even more so.

Said it before....playing as a central defender in league 1 Basham was OK...great attitude but kind of average at that level.

His standard improved drastically under Wilder but he was asked to play a totally new position.
Basham's special quality is his versatility and impressive stamina.
So it was a master stroke to ask Bash to play as "overlapping centre back",
very few central defenders are able to play that role but by pure luck we had 2 centre backs (Bash and O'Connell) who were brilliant going forward down the wings.
We've fallen lucky again because the overlapping centre back role brings out all of Ahmedhodzics strengths too and really suits him.

Also lets be honest their success was down to hours of training to form partnerships/ team work.
The Basham/ Baldock duo down the right was so effective, they worked superbly well together.
The O'Connell/ Stevens duo down the left was so effective, they worked superbly well together.

Agreed he had a bit of a 'mare last night but he was up against probably their best player. Hopefully it was just a blip.
I don't think his legs have gone. Just a couple of weeks ago the back 3 won us the game at Preston, with Bash playing on the left. I thought he was superb, his lung busting run back to tackle their CF when he was clear being a case in point.

Love him. 2nd choice now and last night was his worst game since Adkins, but a few had shockers last night, we can't write them all off!! Glad he's still around, he'll be fine.

You’ve pretty much nailed it in your second paragraph. Whichever it is…We’ve got no bloody choice

Said it before....playing as a central defender in league 1 Basham was OK...great attitude but kind of average at that level.

His standard improved drastically under Wilder but he was asked to play a totally new position.
Basham's special quality is his versatility and impressive stamina.
So it was a master stroke to ask Bash to play as "overlapping centre back",
very few central defenders are able to play that role but by pure luck we had 2 centre backs (Bash and O'Connell) who were brilliant going forward down the wings.
We've fallen lucky again because the overlapping centre back role brings out all of Ahmedhodzics strengths too and really suits him.

Also lets be honest their success was down to hours of training to form partnerships/ team work.
The Basham/ Baldock duo down the right was so effective, they worked superbly well together.
The O'Connell/ Stevens duo down the left was so effective, they worked superbly well together.
I think you, probably unintentionally, sell the club a little short there.

It wasn’t luck that we got O’Connell. We went and bought him. Same as Anel.

Perhaps having Bash already was fortunate in making the system easier to implement but we’ve been quite good on recruitment I’d say recently.

Basham has been and still is an incredible player for us.

350 + games over 9 seasons definitely puts a player in the legend category and deservedly so in his case.

Shouldn’t be immune from constructive criticism though. I though he was error prone last night and at times not strong enough, especially in the air. For a tall bloke he failed to impose himself on certain situations.

No knee jerk needed though. He still has a hell of a lot to offer this squad this season

If his bullet shot in the first half goes a foot either side of the keeper he becomes a hero . Nothing wrong with Bash, just wish Some of the others had his attitude when things are going tits up.

He was poor last night but in his defence Willock is a class player and would have created problems anyway. He was very clever at easing Bash under the ball particularly in the first half and while not condoning play acting I did wonder why Bash didn’t make more of it.

I think Anel is such a step up from Bash that its showing him up a little bit. If we have everyone fit he doesn't get in the team, he probably gets on the bench because of his versatlity. In hindsight a 2-year deal might have not been the right decision because if we somehow come out of this period still in the top 2 & go up this season he's not a premiership footballer

I love bash to bits but i think his time as a championship footballer may have come to an end, Looks a constant bomb scare.

Teams will notice this and target him going forward when in the side

Saves his best for the cup. A few dodgy moments in there but had a real stormer.

He was quality. Of course his energy and desire is 🤌😘 but he was tremendous on the ball tonight

Back to the Bash of old. Great performance.

But aye, the legend Bash back to his best, loved it

Back to his best... definitely not.

Better than previous performances... certainly

Still passed it straight into the Spurs midfield when pressured multiple times which put us in trouble.

Hasnt done enough to get close to a starting spot for me.

Back
Top Bottom