Bash....

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Back to his best... definitely not.

Better than previous performances... certainly

Still passed it straight into the Spurs midfield when pressured multiple times which put us in trouble.

Hasnt done enough to get close to a starting spot for me.
Seems like we’ll be in the minority but I do agree with you. He nearly cost us the game twice at the end with misplaced passes which have become an increasingly familiar part of his game. But on nights like tonight I feel bad finding fault. While he might never be truly his old self for me there were enough moments tonight that reminded me of it. He’ll be hugely missed when he goes and I’d rather try and enjoy these times than anything else. A club legend.

Back to his best... definitely not.

Better than previous performances... certainly

Still passed it straight into the Spurs midfield when pressured multiple times which put us in trouble.

Hasnt done enough to get close to a starting spot for me.

Seems like we’ll be in the minority but I do agree with you. He nearly cost us the game twice at the end with misplaced passes which have become an increasingly familiar part of his game. But on nights like tonight I feel bad finding fault. While he might never be truly his old self for me there were enough moments tonight that reminded me of it. He’ll be hugely missed when he goes and I’d rather try and enjoy these times than anything else. A club legend.
I thought he defended really well tonight but agree with the above. Gave the ball away badly on more than one occasion. Charging out recklessly and caught completely out of position. There's a time and a place but the best chances Spurs had were from our errors. Robbo also charged out once and got nowhere near something. I see why we do it but it's a risk. All our CBs have been guilty of doing this over the last few weeks. I think mainly it's because we struggle in midfield and they're desperate to push us out.

Last edited:
Set the tone in the first few minutes with a tackle, couple of dodgy passes out but quality performance overall

The result says it all really. He didn’t let us down. Young Basham played well against a top PL team.
Not bad for an old ‘un.
Sharp also brought his experience to bear against the top flight. Both good examples to the youngsters.

Nearly scored a contender for our goal of the season though. A little more composure after he’d done all the hard work
Alternatively cost us a point with a lack of composure when well placed twice.

It was thrilling to watch but dribbling to the 6 yard box and then slipping over isn’t going to get us promoted. Now if he’d calmly side footed into the corner, maybe.

I like Bash. But that just summed us up at the moment. Did the hard bit, messed up the easy bit. Tried hard, messed it up when it mattered.

And back down to earth today 😂 Thought he was lucky to stay on the pitch with that tackle today whilst already on a yellow

I didn’t think either was a foul particularly though I’ve not seen either back on TV.

It was thrilling to watch but dribbling to the 6 yard box and then slipping over isn’t going to get us promoted. Now if he’d calmly side footed into the corner, maybe.

I like Bash. But that just summed us up at the moment. Did the hard bit, messed up the easy bit. Tried hard, messed it up when it mattered.
I guess it’s harder for a centre half to stay composed in those positions, it’s not really what they are in the team for. To be fair I can’t think of too many other championship centre halves who would have worked themselves into that situation, never mind calmly slotting the finish away. I was more frustrated at the complete lack of output from our creative players, particularly Berge who once again failed to take any responsibility and seemed happy to let the game to pass him by. When your best opportunities are falling to a centre half that tells its own story. Far too reliant on Iliman.

I guess it’s harder for a centre half to stay composed in those positions, it’s not really what they are in the team for. To be fair I can’t think of too many other championship centre halves who would have worked themselves into that situation, never mind calmly slotting the finish away. I was more frustrated at the complete lack of output from our creative players, particularly Berge who once again failed to take any responsibility and seemed happy to let the game to pass him by. When your best opportunities are falling to a centre half that tells its own story. Far too reliant on Iliman.

Hes a midfielder by trade converted to defender.

Bless his little socks at least we can say he tries.

Aye
But ‘slipping over’ didn’t do him any harm for the “Basham arriving” goal - “calmly side footed” on that day would likely have the same outcome as yesterday

NOT a dig @ CB - on both occasions he got / put himself in the goal scoring position in the 1st place

Said it numerous times before! Our midfield is too one paced,coming up against young mobile players we struggle has been this way even during our 2 years in prem and beyond.
Don't know why but this is a long standing problem which we fail to remedy.Dont know how to get the best out of Berge maybe a rocket up the arse might get a response.
The game today is about movement and pace we are short of both especially in midfield.
Don't understand why we threw caution to the wind after 5 min knowing Blackburns strengths are quick breaks ! payed the full price.

he was lucky to stay on yesterday dont know why were not trying baldock at rcb when anel is unavailable

Reactions: RWE
Hes a midfielder by trade converted to defender.

Bless his little socks at least we can say he tries.

It’s actually the other way around. When he was younger he generally played as a defender. It wasn’t until later that he was converted into a midfielder.

Still plenty of life in the old lad yet. Got run under the ball a few times and clumsily slashed at a couple but can still do a job for us. Worryingly him and Norwood will take some replacing.
I think he’s been done for some time now. Poor positionally and late clumsy tackles that are costing us. He’ll always give his all but that’s not proving good enough I’m afraid.
We have ready made replacements in Anel and Doyle … albeit Doyle is only on loan currently.

he was lucky to stay on yesterday dont know why were not trying baldock at rcb when anel is unavailable
Was thinking this today, playing Baldock as a RCB - Kyle Walker-esque would be interesting.
I’d like to see Robinson - Anel - Baldock as a back 3.

Berg will leave at the start of next season for 5m when we have the fire sale!

Love Bash, but hopefully after Tuesday, Anel will be able to start the remainder. More than happy with him coming on for the last 10-15 minutes to shore up the defence, but he worries me starting.

Goes without saying that he continues to give his all (more than perhaps a couple in the team at the moment), and nearly scored a worldy, before attempting to tackle the ball in again.

Both reds IMO. Definitely so in the PL

Fair enough. As I said, I haven't seen them back on TV and my view of them at the time wasn't great as I was down at the bottom of the stand.

Back
Top Bottom